Three years a go today (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Tommo1993

What a night. Was working in Kent on the day, we finished at a decent time so I even had enough time to go up to Nottingham via home. Shit part was that my mum dragged my dad down to Cornwall for the weekend so I had to go on my own. He missed an absolute peach of an away day, he knows it. He had to watch it in a pub with music playing over it, unaware that Forte’s goal was (wasn’t) offside. Biamou’s first goal, me and the steward somehow were lifted two rows forward and stayed perfectly upright the whole time, it was weird.

We’ll be forever gutted that he wasn’t there.

Called him as soon as I got back to the van, said to him Exeter would be no trouble at all and that we’re up already.

Greggs

If i remember correctly - they had one wrongly disallowed that would have made it 2-2? Was an amazing night, one of my top 3. I think we'd been there previously when Grealish played for them and he tore us a new one? Revenge is sweet and they deserved the hiding for those stupid fucking t-shirts too.

Greggs

We got very lucky with a few decisions over the two legs. Their equaliser in the second game was onside and our third was offside.
Yep, never a pen at the Ricoh, was pissing it down too

D

Deleted member 2477

Amazing what a difference that game made to the clubs and future fortunes. Both decent div 2 clubs looking for promotion and not a lot between us and them throughout the season but 2 years later we pushed on to the championship and they have ended up non league and bankrupt.
hate to imagine what would have been our future if the result was different

steve cooper

We got very lucky with a few decisions over the two legs. Their equaliser in the second game was onside and our third was offside.
Maybe, but in the interests of fairness and balance don't forget to mention that their goal in the first leg came from a tackle on Grimmer where their player was sliding across the pitch Kastaneer style and was out of control, hence shouldn't that have resulted in a free kick to us?
Their second leg "equaliser??" looked offside to me, and later, one of their players should have been sent off for raising his hands.

notts goal.png

notts.png

lordy_87

Maybe, but in the interests of fairness and balance don't forget to mention that their goal in the first leg came from a tackle on Grimmer where their player was sliding across the pitch Kastaneer style and was out of control, hence shouldn't that have resulted in a free kick to us?
Their second leg "equaliser??" looked offside to me, and later, one of their players should have been sent off for raising his hands.

View attachment 20138

View attachment 20136
The tackle on Grimmer was fine. Grimmer completely bottled it.

steve cooper

Watch it in full speed, it’s not a foul. Nobody in our team appeals. The conditions on the night makes it look worse than it was

You seem to be a knowledgeable person about the rules of the game, what do you make of this definition of serious foul play.
"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Sick Boy

View attachment 20138

View attachment 20136
He was being played onside by the defender on the far right of the picture. I don’t particularly care though - it made it all the more sweeter.
What’s most striking are the fortunes of the two club’s since.

Users who are viewing this thread