• Yes

Votes: 53 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 85 51.2%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 28 16.9%

• Total voters

dongonzalos

The players had clearly fell out with Boothroyd. His departure was always going to provide an improvement. The improvement to 30% win ratio was par for when Boothroyd was performing. Thorn had no pedigree, no previous managerial aspiration and was yet another Ranson chum. In short I never warmed to him and never viewed him as anything other than a stop gap.

You give him no credit at all for the halt in the poor form. Did he make changes to boothroyds preferred line up and style of play?

Grendel

You give him no credit at all for the halt in the poor form. Did he make changes to boothroyds preferred line up and style of play?

Did Boothroyd after the shambles of Coleman, did Coleman after the disastrous Dowie, did Dowie after the awful run of Adams - or is this just a re-occurring theme?

ClarrieB

Would you have prefered boothroyd not to have been sacked.

Without hesitation, I supported him all the way because I liked to see the team try - although I also think bringing in King was a mistake. Both opinions probably quite controversial but hey ho, it's all about opinions right.

ClarrieB

New manager syndrome - nothing more than that to it. If he had Won every remaining game then I would have been impressed.

dongonzalos

Without hesitation, I supported him all the way because I liked to see the team try - although I also think bringing in King was a mistake. Both opinions probably quite controversial but hey ho, it's all about opinions right.

No in a rare moment we agree on something when it comes to king. I think there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Where that line is, is hard to say but he was a few miles over it.

dongonzalos

Did Boothroyd after the shambles of Coleman, did Coleman after the disastrous Dowie, did Dowie after the awful run of Adams - or is this just a re-occurring theme?

It is, however so is the sacking part.

Just gets so frustrating seeing managers slowly start to get their players in their ethos.

Which always comes at a cost as invariably they get rid if good players you like but they don't.

Then bang they are gone round we go again.

ClarrieB

While we were on the topic - I just realised - Thorn has been here longer than Boothroyd was!

How come sacking AB wasn't knee jerk?

georgehudson

i'm sure all posters are well intentioned,
however, we, know f-all about the real situation,
it's great to pontificate, but in reality what do we know,
to those who profess to know so much i say, 'that is your opinion' & nothing more,
would it not be great to have a level of honesty,
as opposed to a succesive level of smoke & mirrors,
true ccfc fans must surely want pressure put upon the owners to, at least, tell it like it is,
PUSB

ClarrieB

i'm sure all posters are well intentioned,
however, we, know f-all about the real situation,
it's great to pontificate, but in reality what do we know,
to those who profess to know so much i say, 'that is your opinion' & nothing more,
would it not be great to have a level of honesty,
as opposed to a succesive level of smoke & mirrors,
true ccfc fans must surely want pressure put upon the owners to, at least, tell it like it is,
PUSB

That'll be a 'Don't Know' then :thinking about:

Grendel

That'll be a 'Don't Know' then :thinking about:

He's SBT's version of Pam Ayres - makes a guest appearance now and again with an off topic poem.

Users who are viewing this thread