This winters Cricket thread (1 Viewer)

tisza

As expected, shame they’ll prob have Stone carrying the drinks for the Tests and they’ve dropped him from the ODI squad!
Their loss. He's a player that needs to be playing even if it was for the Lions

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Decent series shaping up in Aus 1-1 v India, Kohli taking everyone on verbally, he has come out poorly tbf, at least Paine’s attempts at sledging were amusing.

tisza

just wondering whether the England selectors are actually taking notice of the type of batsman needed to win a series in Australia - Pujara. Build an innings then accelerate - old-fashioned but effective

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

just wondering whether the England selectors are actually taking notice of the type of batsman needed to win a series in Australia - Pujara. Build an innings then accelerate - old-fashioned but effective

We miss Trott massively in that role.

Listening to an Aussie cricket pod and read some articles appears they’re in a right mess selection wise, basically not picking players to ‘protect’ them for the Ashes, so they’re sacrificing players like Finch (now dropped), Handscomb and Marnus Labuschagne.

They’ve got a couple of tests v Sri Lanka soon so expect the like of Burns who they’ve held back for this India series to play as they will want some confidence ahead of the ashes.

For the ashes Smith will be straight back in Warner is an interesting one they need him and I think he will be back in.

Terry Gibson's perm

Interesting now that the Australian side are struggling with the old ball but when England toured there is was doing all sorts.

I don’t think they willl pick Warner he is toxic

tisza

Interesting now that the Australian side are struggling with the old ball but when England toured there is was doing all sorts.

I don’t think they willl pick Warner he is toxic
Going to be difficult putting Bancroft and Warner in same side after recent media articles.
The conveyor belt of batsmen from Shield to Test cricket has dried up. Recent tendency to pick one-day middle order batsmen rather than Test batsmen.
Also suffered a lot (like England) in keeping best fast bowlers healthy.
Struggle to swing old ball since The Ashes probably confirms what everyone believes that tampering was happening in that series as well

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Going to be difficult putting Bancroft and Warner in same side after recent media articles.
The conveyor belt of batsmen from Shield to Test cricket has dried up. Recent tendency to pick one-day middle order batsmen rather than Test batsmen.
Also suffered a lot (like England) in keeping best fast bowlers healthy.
Struggle to swing old ball since The Ashes probably confirms what everyone believes that tampering was happening in that series as well

Bancroft they can hide away for a few years anyway.

Warner you’d think he can’t come back, could you imagine him being thrown into the World Cup over here followed by the ashes it’d be carnage!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
No chance Warner will play for Oz again. He'll be the scapegoat (and probably deservedly).

tisza

He’s been hung out to dry by everyone involved. Such a shame for him.
By all accounts he deserves everything he's getting.
Alleged Sledging of Bairstow about his father's tragic death particularly unsavoury example.
Poor reputation amongst players and no doubt was the ringleader of the sandpaper business.

eastwoodsdustman

By all accounts he deserves everything he's getting.
Alleged Sledging of Bairstow about his father's tragic death particularly unsavoury example.
Poor reputation amongst players and no doubt was the ringleader of the sandpaper business.
He's a vile creature and deserves everything he gets. He'll never play for them internationally again I hope. Surely even the Aussies know that they'll never be able to pick him again no matter how bad they are playing.

tisza

He's a vile creature and deserves everything he gets. He'll never play for them internationally again I hope. Surely even the Aussies know that they'll never be able to pick him again no matter how bad they are playing.
Be interesting to see which way they go.
Chance of redemption against the much cited Aussie aversion to winning the game at any cost/importance of playing the right way

tisza

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Problem being is Australia are getting beat with a nice guy in charge so possibly more likely to move back to the dark side:)

I think so as well especially if England hammer the windies this winter and win the World Cup, imagine the buzz around the country and the Aussies potentially staring down the barrel of an ashes whitewash.....

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I think so as well especially if England hammer the windies this winter and win the World Cup, imagine the buzz around the country and the Aussies potentially staring down the barrel of an ashes whitewash.....

I half expect the Windies to win 1 test, quite possibly the St. Lucia one as the track there is more conducive to seamers. They are tough to beat in their own backyard and their attack of Roach, Gabriel and Holder is pretty good. That said, their batting will probably let them down so expect England to claim the series.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Interesting that he's recently suffered from mental health issues (hopefully a sign that Australian males are losing their obligatory 'just MTFU' attitude) and also had 7 concussions!

Bloody hell, good luck to him (after this summer and when he’s not playing England!)
I remember seeing him score 240 odd in a shield game earlier this season.

Joe Burns has never lived up to expectation but he’s 30 later this year so I guess this is last chance saloon/ they’ll hope he’s at the right point to have a late test career.

Then there is Middlesbrough born Matt Renshaw!!

tisza

Mark Wood called up to replace Stone what a joke, great chance to blood a decent young seamer on a tour and they go back to the tried, tested and failed Wood!

Agreed maybe Garton, mahmood or The other Curran ( not popular on here but I think he's a smart bowler:))

Users who are viewing this thread