This team will be better than the 22/23 team (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Do we think we’ll sell any of our assets will be sold in the summer? Didn’t even cross my mind until our turn around in form but I’m sure people will be keeping tabs on sakamoto/sheaf/Van Ewijk.

Unlikely I’d think given most of the new signings will still have 3 years left. Sheaf probably the most likely given he will have 2 years. But shouldn’t be any pressure to sell given there will still be some Hamer money kicking about plus any Vik cash that may come in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Unlikely I’d think given most of the new signings will still have 3 years left. Sheaf probably the most likely given he will have 2 years. But shouldn’t be any pressure to sell given there will still be some Hamer money kicking about plus any Vik cash that may come in

The length of contract doesn't make much difference from 2 years long to older. It just gives a peace of mind to the owning club. Clubs won't offer more for a player on a 3 year over a 2 year contract.

Pressure to sell is a different thing. Every situation is different. A big money offer for an ambitious player can turn their head. No we wouldn't have to sell but it could be the best way to go. Big money also to continue with player upgrades.

rexo87

The length of contract doesn't make much difference from 2 years long to older. It just gives a peace of mind to the owning club. Clubs won't offer more for a player on a 3 year over a 2 year contract.

Pressure to sell is a different thing. Every situation is different. A big money offer for an ambitious player can turn their head. No we wouldn't have to sell but it could be the best way to go. Big money also to continue with player upgrades.

No but there’s a difference between 1 and 2 years. If you let someone on 2 years have another year then they’re down to 1 year and will then get less

Astute

No but there’s a difference between 1 and 2 years. If you let someone on 2 years have another year then they’re down to 1 year and will then get less

You had just said no clubs would bid for our new players because they would still have 3 years left on their contracts. Yet now you've going on about 1 year.

Will get less when 1 year left? Nothing to do with your earlier post but hey ho OK I'll play.

We sold 2 players with just 1 year left on their contract recently. Would you say we sold them cheap, about right valuation or did we get a good price for them?

My personal view is that although we sold them both with just a year left on their contracts we still sold them for their highest values since joining our club. If you remember Gyokeres was a waste of 1m and Hamer a liability.

rexo87

You had just said no clubs would bid for our new players because they would still have 3 years left on their contracts. Yet now you've going on about 1 year.

Will get less when 1 year left? Nothing to do with your earlier post but hey ho OK I'll play.

We sold 2 players with just 1 year left on their contract recently. Would you say we sold them cheap, about right valuation or did we get a good price for them?

My personal view is that although we sold them both with just a year left on their contracts we still sold them for their highest values since joining our club. If you remember Gyokeres was a waste of 1m and Hamer a liability.

The point is that with 2 years left you should either be looking to extend the contract or sell so that you get maximum value before they get to just 1 year left and value is then reduced.

At 3 years left you don’t need to worry about a contract extension or selling for another year.

How many prem sides let their best players get down to just 1 year on their contract? Very little

Astute

The point is that with 2 years left you should either be looking to extend the contract or sell so that you get maximum value before they get to just 1 year left and value is then reduced.

At 3 years left you don’t need to worry about a contract extension or selling for another year.

How many prem sides let their best players get down to just 1 year on their contract? Very little

But your point was nobody would bid for our players at the end of the season because they would have 3 years left. Now you're going on about 1 year.

It's quite simple. A player under contract has a value. The value is what someone is prepared to pay. The holding club don't have to sell. 2 years or more on the contract then no pressure to sell.

The Prem is a different kettle of fish. They don't live in reality. Contract down to 2 years? Offer them an extra 5m or more over 4 years. This protects maybe a 50m player. But lower down sides can't afford to offer life changing amounts.

rexo87

But your point was nobody would bid for our players at the end of the season because they would have 3 years left. Now you're going on about 1 year.

It's quite simple. A player under contract has a value. The value is what someone is prepared to pay. The holding club don't have to sell. 2 years or more on the contract then no pressure to sell.

The Prem is a different kettle of fish. They don't live in reality. Contract down to 2 years? Offer them an extra 5m or more over 4 years. This protects maybe a 50m player. But lower down sides can't afford to offer life changing amounts.

I wasn’t saying sides won’t bid if they have 3 years, of course they would. The difference is we would be far less inclined to sell at that point as they will hold their value. You generally get a lot less for players with 1 year left if they stay at the same level. We got so much for Vik and Hamer as they had such incredibly good last seasons

Astute

The post you replied to

Do we think we’ll sell any of our assets will be sold in the summer? Didn’t even cross my mind until our turn around in form but I’m sure people will be keeping tabs on sakamoto/sheaf/Van Ewijk.

Your reply to it

MikeyMoo

Well our attack is more diverse - it had to be - and both started poorly. I’d like to think by end of season we’ve both scored significantly more and conceded less. However, getting clean sheets has been an issue lately.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You know what’s really frustrating over the last two seasons. Those first 10-15 in games really stopped us challenging the top 2

looking at Sheff Utd this season- I’m still convinced we’re better than them

SkyBlueSoul

Users who are viewing this thread