This season home/away shirt - M&M Direct (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

They’ve done a little bit of work looking into it and ccfc aren’t too bad

We’ve just done some research on all other Championship Clubs postage costs.

The averages are:

Postage - £4.67
Minimum spend threshold to get free postage - £64.55

So although the current fees are above they average its only slightly above both averages.

3 clubs minimum spend is £100 to get free postage

However 15 clubs don’t offer free postage at all – no matter how much you spend. The average postage of these 15 clubs is £4.68

Only 2 clubs offer varying postage costs based on spend/weight/size etc

Really quite interesting that

So still nearly £1.30 more than everyone else then. worth adding some, Brum for example, manage to provide tracked 48 hour postage cheaper than we provide 3-5 day

Point still stands though, the club either need to prioritize making money on the postage or do it at cost. I think people would make more small impulse buys if they weren't having to pay nearly £6 to get a hat or scarf sent out. Not sure if the cash generated would be worth the effort mind?!

Somerset Sky Blue

They’ve done a little bit of work looking into it and ccfc aren’t too bad

We’ve just done some research on all other Championship Clubs postage costs.

The averages are:

Postage - £4.67
Minimum spend threshold to get free postage - £64.55

So although the current fees are above they average its only slightly above both averages.

3 clubs minimum spend is £100 to get free postage

However 15 clubs don’t offer free postage at all – no matter how much you spend. The average postage of these 15 clubs is £4.68

Only 2 clubs offer varying postage costs based on spend/weight/size etc

Really quite interesting that
It is interesting and relevant, to a point, but the other clubs are only price marking for us, none are really competition. I'm not going to buy a shirt from another club to save postage!
Crucial point is not what others are charging, but does the postage charge delay/deter orders from our supporters - especially as I guess we already make profit on the sales of products?
I agree with other posters, I would have bought more regularly and smaller items if postage wasn't this high. As it is, I might do two large orders a season, rather than multiple over the year, and certainly spend less!

Users who are viewing this thread