This season home/away shirt - M&M Direct (2 Viewers)

rob9872

So you would not buy from M and M for the same product as is in the club shop and save yourself over £20 odd?
£3 not £20

Travs

I think the kit is now around 23 or 24 pound on the Cov store.

I bought from M&M, turned up in 48hrs. Very impressed with the standard of the top.

Gregbant

If the shirts were £30 from the off this summer do you think we would sell enough to make up for the reduced price. I do think for some people the sale price these days cant be justified compared to other things people have to spend their money on.

Alkhen

It's a £6.47p saving for a adult shirt delivered, can see the argument both ways but if you were kitting out a family you can see how the savings could rack up

Adge

It's a £6.47p saving for a adult shirt delivered, can see the argument both ways but if you were kitting out a family you can see how the savings could rack up
Simple every day life economics-if you were buying several for your family etc then most would go for the outlet that had the best price and save themselves in the process a few quid. But of course you will get the divs that will always pay over the odds at the official club shop even if it was cheaper elsewhere as the “money goes to the club”

Alkhen

Simple every day life economics-if you were buying several for your family etc then most would go for the outlet that had the best price and save themselves in the process a few quid. But of course you will get the divs that will always pay over the odds at the official club shop even if it was cheaper elsewhere as the “money goes to the club”

Divs is harsh, if you can afford it and and you want to put money into the club then direct is the best route. Would be nice if the service was better and post was more reasonable in the store. Said elsewhere I wanted to get a bobble hat for my lad but postage was more than the hat!

rob9872

Cheers I'm feckin div. Keep supporting dodgy ifollow streams because it's cheaper 👍

ccfctommy

I got a m and m away one as it's a bit cheaper. So what? I've gave the club plenty of money this season.

Alkhen

I got a m and m away one as it's a bit cheaper. So what? I've gave the club plenty of money this season.

Pretty sure the club would have got a cut at some point. Not as much as direct but I'm sure hummel can't just pump out licensed shirts and undercut the club. They probably paid a licence or factored a quantity of shirts they can sell on the hummel store in the sponsor deal.

AlansEyes

£18 vs £23.50 might not sound a lot but if you've already paid the £10 a year for free next day delivery with M and M (as someone in my family had so I used their account) it becomes £18 vs £29.45. So (after buying the home and third shirts from the club on release) I got the away top from M and M. As has already been said, the club will be getting their cut from Hummel.

mark82

Its 23 very 19 so not really that big a difference. It's the same argument about buying ifollow or watching a dodgy stream which I'm sure you don't condone as the club gets no benefit.

It's not quite the same argument as the club will be getting something from M&M.

Johnnythespider

I'm guessing it's based on numbers sold, last years shirt sold tons and didn't show up at m&m.

PurpleBin

It's nuts when people jump on their high horse about supporting the club ref iFollow and shirts like this. What about people wanting to support themselves first?

ajsccfc

If sales of authentic merchandise via legitimate stores was damaging to clubs I would have thought the clubs who sell a shitload of shirts each year would make themselves the exclusive vendor

chiefdave

Can @mark82 or @Sky Blue Pete email Dave Boddy and find out. The club doesn't actually run the club shop or mail order does it? That is outsourced to Hummel so it may make no difference at all where you buy a kit from.

Terry_dactyl

If sales of authentic merchandise via legitimate stores was damaging to clubs I would have thought the clubs who sell a shitload of shirts each year would make themselves the exclusive vendor
Exactly.
Is it a sign of how far we’ve fallen/how much we’ve risen, that fans have forgotten that we used to be able to buy City shirts from actual retailers?
My mum bought my 1986 city top from Sports Supplies on Albany Rd. Bastards!

Alkhen

Hi Pete, not sure if it has been covered but I have a feeling that current postage charges are actually damaging sales for the club.The flat £5.95 charge for any order really puts people off making impulse or gift purchases.

The current flat rate is pretty much double what the common providers cost. Even factoring in admin/packaging it is pretty steep.

items 1kg and under rates:
InPost - £2.70
Hermes - £2.90
Royal Mail - £3.60
DPD - £3.85

Sky Blue Pete

Hi Pete, not sure if it has been covered but I have a feeling that current postage charges are actually damaging sales for the club.The flat £5.95 charge for any order really puts people off making impulse or gift purchases.

The current flat rate is pretty much double what the common providers cost. Even factoring in admin/packaging it is pretty steep.

items 1kg and under rates:
InPost - £2.70
Hermes - £2.90
Royal Mail - £3.60
DPD - £3.85
£5.95 the ccfc charge?

rob9872

It's not quite the same argument as the club will be getting something from M&M.
That was my original question. If they do then there is no problem.

rob9872

It's quite a step to compare people legally buying a top from an authorised retailer, to illegally downloading match streams.
I don't think it is. The point I was making was about getting something on the cheap that satisfies your need but deprives the club of money. Personally I have no problem with either and respect that everyone's financial situation is different and nobody else's business, but if someone suggested they had access to watch games in the same quality for half the cost or free but not through ifollow there would be uproar on here - either that or we'd be divs for paying full price.

ajsccfc

The legality aspect makes it a big difference no matter how similar other facets of it are. It's not clear whether the club is being deprived of money or by how much and nobody buying a shirt is doing anything wrong, whereas anyone watching a dodgy stream is knowingly doing both.

Alkhen

£5.95 the ccfc charge?

Hi yeah its a flat rate regardless of what is ordered. So £5.95 post if you buy a keyring or a training jacket!

for some context just checked what other clubs around our level charge:

Derby have a flat £2.99 post rate for UK

Brum have a tiered system. £2.50 small items and £5 for larger/more pricey stuff

Sheffield Wed have tiers depending on order value £2-£6

Blackburn £3.95 flat rate

Most have a free post option for large orders. we have in the past but I think it isnt available now.

you get the idea!

Cov are definitely the most expensive. might be palatable if it was next day delivery but its 2nd class 3-5 day. I have had more than one occasion when they have got an order wrong or have had to back order something which takes weeks to sort.

Hobo

M&M could be taking the hit, Hummel could be taking the hit. It could be a combination of M&M, Hummel and the club?

I am sure it is better to sell stocks than not sell them for all parties.

Alkhen

M&M could be taking the hit, Hummel could be taking the hit. It could be a combination of M&M, Hummel and the club?

I am sure it is better to sell stocks than not sell them for all parties.

Would have thought there is still plenty of profit from selling a polyester t-shirt for £18! The club would have got some wedge for this stock even if it was from the Hummel direct store (which it looks like it was as the club shop still has stock)

Alkhen

Have asked the club about the cost being high and received this answer

The club have been liaising with our Retail Partner and they are currently in the process of reviewing postage options with various delivery companies
good work. nice to know there is a dialog with the club nowadays :)

skybluesam66

any retailer with overstocks at the end of a season will sell off to a trader at a heavily discounted price
Hummel/CCFC will probably cover their costs
M&M will probably have paid £5 - £7 per shirt, and make a good profit
No different to what M&S/Argos etc do, and that is why you see openly traded branded clothing on market stalls (albeit may have tags crossed etc)

Sky Blue Pete

They’ve done a little bit of work looking into it and ccfc aren’t too bad

We’ve just done some research on all other Championship Clubs postage costs.

The averages are:

Postage - £4.67
Minimum spend threshold to get free postage - £64.55

So although the current fees are above they average its only slightly above both averages.

3 clubs minimum spend is £100 to get free postage

However 15 clubs don’t offer free postage at all – no matter how much you spend. The average postage of these 15 clubs is £4.68

Only 2 clubs offer varying postage costs based on spend/weight/size etc

Really quite interesting that

Users who are viewing this thread