This forum - perspective (2 Viewers)

Moff

I think, and hope, we are more reflective on this site especially comparing it to the utter shite on the CCFC Facebook page.
The abuse aimed at Tyler Walker on Facebook was embarrassing after Tuesday night.

Covkid1968#

Its interesting how quickly expectations changes. After pre-season it was talk of almost certain relegation and some of the players, such as Moore & Gyokeres, were getting a lot of stick for not being up to Championship level.

Less than 20 games later and the season would be a disaster if we fail to make the play-offs. Good problem to have I guess!
This is what we do!!!
We’ll be top 10 in April and the world will be falling apart for some people….. and I’ll be at it as well !!!

Johhny Blue

I think, and hope, we are more reflective on this site especially comparing it to the utter shite on the CCFC Facebook page.
The abuse aimed at Tyler Walker on Facebook was embarrassing after Tuesday night.
He has made two very big mistakes late in the last two games. I haven't been his biggest fan but I'm not going to crucify him when he's only been on for a couple of minutes and adrenaline takes over.

steve cooper

We have won most of our games at home to bottom half teams. What happens when we meet them away?
So far the 'fluke' is the trashing of Fullham. Apart from that, we don't really look like we belong in the top 6.

View attachment 22837
The other way of looking at it, is we have lost just 2 games to teams in the top 10. 1 at home and 1 away. Historically we often play worse against the bottom teams.

Irish Sky Blue

I tend to avoid reading match threads these days. I never look at them or contribute to them at the time of the game as I am too wrapped up in proceedings on the pitch to look on here. I have just read through most of the Bournemouth match thread which was a big mistake. The negative comments from even before kick off but especially after we go a goal behind really take the biscuit. These are from people, supposedly fans, ‘supporters’ of the team. All I read is a barrage of moaning and criticism which takes little account of the circumstances surrounding the game. If you point this out you become ‘Captain Hindsight’ (can’t believe I’ve resorted to quoting a fool like Johnson), commenting after the team has pulled a result out of the bag.it strikes me there are a few ‘Captain Hindsiight’s among our whinging fraternity on here who once the game has started are so keen to point out what Robins should have done or who Robins should have picked.

One poster puts the wave of negative comments down to the fact that football is a passionate game. If you are passionate therefore it is okay apparently to open your mouth ( or in the case of on here, start typing) before you have engaged your brain. I think I’m pretty passionate about City, attending almost all of our games home and away and spending too many hours thinking and reading about the club). I wouldn’t ever take the negative stance that quite a few have on here about Robins and about certain players. The minimum I would expect from my team is that they give their all in every game they play and that they never give up. As far as I can see we have a team that is doing that.I don’t expect us to win every game.

At the start of the game on Saturday Oggy mentioned that he had just counted something like £55 million pounds worth of talent that Bournemouth had out on the pitch, that didn’t include their bench. He estimated the value of our team at something over £4million (an over estimate perhaps as neither Gyorkeres or Hamer started). Money doesn’t always translate into talent but it is a factor that can’t and shouldn’t be ignored considering our team’s achievements both last season and this. We as a club are at a massive financial disadvantage. We are still playing with a good number of players who were with us in League 1.( Six of the starters on Saturday were with us in our promotion season, 2 of them in League 2.) Because of our finances, the team and the squad has to evolve, players who have been good for us can only be replaced by better players when the finances allow. I think that Robins and his team have managed this situation brilliantly. To have us where we are, playing the excellent football that we do is a fantastic achievement. Do our whinging friends on here give him credit? Not a bit of it from some, only snide comments about his lack of subs again etc. We even have one poster suggesting that Walker and Kane are not Robin’s ‘favourites’ and so are left out for Dabo and I think O’Hare. The inference here is that Robins would sacrifice the overall effectiveness of the team in order to play people that he likes. If there is one thing that is without a doubt, it’s that Robins has a ruthless streak (see Doyle, Grimmer, JCH etc).

Some players now seem to be the focus of these people’s anger. I think it is ironic that the ‘morons’ on Facebook are slated for their comments on Walker and Sheaf but it is okay for our friends on here to do the exact same to other members of the team. Dabo was slated throughout. He needed to be replaced, left out next week. He hasn’t had the best few games lately but he has sometimes been played out of position on the left or as on Saturday, at centre half. During our tremendous fight back at the end of the game he was integral to the way we pressed and kept the ball moving. I didn’t see any of the ‘Hindsight’s’ acknowledge this or the glorious pass he made inside the fullback to Kane during this period. Even when Dabo isn’t on top of his game he contributes positively with his energy and athleticism. His clearence in front of goal from Sharp last week was a point saving challenge. It’s not often that I agree with Grendle but I think he is absolutely right in his comments on O’Hare. We have one person on here who ironically has O’Hare as his avatar who seems to spend match time pointing out each mistake he makes. There is no recognition to the immense contribution he makes to our team simply through the way he never stops chasing and harrying opponents. If we didn’t have him in the team we would be far less effective. Like Dabo, even when he isn’t at his creative best, his contribution is a huge part of the way we play. His dribbling and passing ability are only one part of his game. Thankfully he seems injury proof because if he was out for any length of time I think we would struggle.

Kelly is apparently now past it. He is not at this level any more, if he ever was. Like Doyle he needs to be put out to lower league pasture. Now, Liam didn’t have his best passing game Saturday, but at the risk of repeating myself, he gives the team much more than that. It was him I think who pressured the Bournemouth player into the poor pass which lead to the sending off. He provided the assist firstly by nutmegging his player then having the grit and determination to keep going when he had lost the ball in order to supply the cross from which Godden scored. (another player who needed to be replaced according to a few posters on here). This is the Liam Kelly, not at this level, who had the skill to time and weight his pass to perfection for his assist against Bristol City and who smashed what was to be the equaliser against the Blackburn post with a tremendous shot. Let’s forget about his leadership and organisational qualities and bomb him from the team. Jodi Jones was another criticised. He was a player who looked like a 12 year old who had won a raffle to be in the team apparently. Let’s ignore his contributions to the pressure we exerted in the last 15 minutes.

Kane, Sheaf and Walker have become martyrs to our whinging friends, left on the sideline by a manager who doesn’t appreciate them ( but who somehow rated all three enough to spend his limited budget on bringing them to the club). I like all three players, like I do with all of our squad. I don’t think that they have been treated unfairly at all and the notion that Robins picks his favourites is just laughable. For what it’s worth, I think we would have lost that game had their player not been sent off. However he actually went because of the pressing the team were doing, the pressure that they were putting on the ball. In other words, good, never say die, football from our team. I also think that in the first half we played well. Bournemouth offered no threat until the 45th minute and we actually made the better chances against a team worth £50 million plus more than ours. Conceding that goal, a goalkeeping error rather than fault of team or tactics, meant that the sky had fallen in for some posters. This post won’t make any difference to them, but it makes me feel better.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So when the team came in and Rose was ill so Dabo was RCB, do you not think there was a reason for people to be worried?

During the early stages of the game when we were soaking up a lot of pressure were they not right to be concerned about conceding?

They're venting these concerns on an internet forum. Not like they were screaming in the players faces that they're playing poorly or they think this game isn't going to go our way. That's the entire reason it's here.

COV

I tend to avoid reading match threads these days. I never look at them or contribute to them at the time of the game as I am too wrapped up in proceedings on the pitch to look on here. I have just read through most of the Bournemouth match thread which was a big mistake. The negative comments from even before kick off but especially after we go a goal behind really take the biscuit. These are from people, supposedly fans, ‘supporters’ of the team. All I read is a barrage of moaning and criticism which takes little account of the circumstances surrounding the game. If you point this out you become ‘Captain Hindsight’ (can’t believe I’ve resorted to quoting a fool like Johnson), commenting after the team has pulled a result out of the bag.it strikes me there are a few ‘Captain Hindsiight’s among our whinging fraternity on here who once the game has started are so keen to point out what Robins should have done or who Robins should have picked.

One poster puts the wave of negative comments down to the fact that football is a passionate game. If you are passionate therefore it is okay apparently to open your mouth ( or in the case of on here, start typing) before you have engaged your brain. I think I’m pretty passionate about City, attending almost all of our games home and away and spending too many hours thinking and reading about the club). I wouldn’t ever take the negative stance that quite a few have on here about Robins and about certain players. The minimum I would expect from my team is that they give their all in every game they play and that they never give up. As far as I can see we have a team that is doing that.I don’t expect us to win every game.

At the start of the game on Saturday Oggy mentioned that he had just counted something like £55 million pounds worth of talent that Bournemouth had out on the pitch, that didn’t include their bench. He estimated the value of our team at something over £4million (an over estimate perhaps as neither Gyorkeres or Hamer started). Money doesn’t always translate into talent but it is a factor that can’t and shouldn’t be ignored considering our team’s achievements both last season and this. We as a club are at a massive financial disadvantage. We are still playing with a good number of players who were with us in League 1.( Six of the starters on Saturday were with us in our promotion season, 2 of them in League 2.) Because of our finances, the team and the squad has to evolve, players who have been good for us can only be replaced by better players when the finances allow. I think that Robins and his team have managed this situation brilliantly. To have us where we are, playing the excellent football that we do is a fantastic achievement. Do our whinging friends on here give him credit? Not a bit of it from some, only snide comments about his lack of subs again etc. We even have one poster suggesting that Walker and Kane are not Robin’s ‘favourites’ and so are left out for Dabo and I think O’Hare. The inference here is that Robins would sacrifice the overall effectiveness of the team in order to play people that he likes. If there is one thing that is without a doubt, it’s that Robins has a ruthless streak (see Doyle, Grimmer, JCH etc).

Some players now seem to be the focus of these people’s anger. I think it is ironic that the ‘morons’ on Facebook are slated for their comments on Walker and Sheaf but it is okay for our friends on here to do the exact same to other members of the team. Dabo was slated throughout. He needed to be replaced, left out next week. He hasn’t had the best few games lately but he has sometimes been played out of position on the left or as on Saturday, at centre half. During our tremendous fight back at the end of the game he was integral to the way we pressed and kept the ball moving. I didn’t see any of the ‘Hindsight’s’ acknowledge this or the glorious pass he made inside the fullback to Kane during this period. Even when Dabo isn’t on top of his game he contributes positively with his energy and athleticism. His clearence in front of goal from Sharp last week was a point saving challenge. It’s not often that I agree with Grendle but I think he is absolutely right in his comments on O’Hare. We have one person on here who ironically has O’Hare as his avatar who seems to spend match time pointing out each mistake he makes. There is no recognition to the immense contribution he makes to our team simply through the way he never stops chasing and harrying opponents. If we didn’t have him in the team we would be far less effective. Like Dabo, even when he isn’t at his creative best, his contribution is a huge part of the way we play. His dribbling and passing ability are only one part of his game. Thankfully he seems injury proof because if he was out for any length of time I think we would struggle.

Kelly is apparently now past it. He is not at this level any more, if he ever was. Like Doyle he needs to be put out to lower league pasture. Now, Liam didn’t have his best passing game Saturday, but at the risk of repeating myself, he gives the team much more than that. It was him I think who pressured the Bournemouth player into the poor pass which lead to the sending off. He provided the assist firstly by nutmegging his player then having the grit and determination to keep going when he had lost the ball in order to supply the cross from which Godden scored. (another player who needed to be replaced according to a few posters on here). This is the Liam Kelly, not at this level, who had the skill to time and weight his pass to perfection for his assist against Bristol City and who smashed what was to be the equaliser against the Blackburn post with a tremendous shot. Let’s forget about his leadership and organisational qualities and bomb him from the team. Jodi Jones was another criticised. He was a player who looked like a 12 year old who had won a raffle to be in the team apparently. Let’s ignore his contributions to the pressure we exerted in the last 15 minutes.

Kane, Sheaf and Walker have become martyrs to our whinging friends, left on the sideline by a manager who doesn’t appreciate them ( but who somehow rated all three enough to spend his limited budget on bringing them to the club). I like all three players, like I do with all of our squad. I don’t think that they have been treated unfairly at all and the notion that Robins picks his favourites is just laughable. For what it’s worth, I think we would have lost that game had their player not been sent off. However he actually went because of the pressing the team were doing, the pressure that they were putting on the ball. In other words, good, never say die, football from our team. I also think that in the first half we played well. Bournemouth offered no threat until the 45th minute and we actually made the better chances against a team worth £50 million plus more than ours. Conceding that goal, a goalkeeping error rather than fault of team or tactics, meant that the sky had fallen in for some posters. This post won’t make any difference to them, but it makes me feel better.

Perfectly put

Irish Sky Blue

So when the team came in and Rose was ill so Dabo was RCB, do you not think there was a reason for people to be worried?

During the early stages of the game when we were soaking up a lot of pressure were they not right to be concerned about conceding?

They're venting these concerns on an internet forum. Not like they were screaming in the players faces that they're playing poorly or they think this game isn't going to go our way. That's the entire reason it's here.
Same people making the same comments week in week out. No context given to any criticism, no leeway given for the fact that Robins has brought us so far and might just have more of an insight than some bloke on a forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have just given mine on the way some people post on here.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

giphy.gif

COV

Having said all this.. we thrashed Fulham, then Fulham put 7 past Blackburn, but now Blackburn are above us in the table.

It’s a weird league this season, playoffs are there for the taking, MR will know that, aiming for mid table progress isn’t enough.

NortonSkyBlue

Truly wonderful post.
I understand wanting to see a performance but what I want to see is a team that gives its all for the badge, each other and anything else is a bonus. According to some we have shit players, shit coaches, shit etc... They are blinded to the quality of our opponents, the resources available to them and journey we have been on and the genuine bond that has been developed between the team and supporters.
I can say that after watching this club for 54 years I have never experienced the connection to this extent even in the cup winning aftermath.
There is a school of thought in this day and age that the team is there to criticised if standards fall, If their favourite player isn’t picked. You would have thought that players were coached to pass to the opposition, miss the target, make mistakes. There is zero tolerance and I would assume that this is a modern way of expressing dissatisfaction and not wummin, you get it from the site owner and long standing posters that if I didn’t know better I would have thought they were not supporters of the club.
Do some really want to change the manager, not have faith in his coaching, game management, the results achieved?

Londonccfcfan

I dont read the match thread either during or either side of the game as im usualy at the match.

I can only imagine the back tracking by the usual suspects must have been funny.

The same thing probably happened during all of our comebacks.

fatso

Didn't make it all the way through that post as I lost the will part way through,

But I'd much rather read the thoughts of fans "as it happens" complete with all the worries, expectations, hopes fears and genuine observations, and yes, all the nonsense bullshit as well,
Than try and read some sanitised bland meaningless drivel written in the cold light of day, 2 days after the fucking event!!!!

Of course we all wright shit on match days, it's what we do, and we all know better than the manager, and we would all be better referees too.

And yes, we're all fucking experts on Monday morning too.

NortonSkyBlue

Didn't make it all the way through that post as I lost the will part way through,

But I'd much rather read the thoughts of fans "as it happens" complete with all the worries, expectations, hopes fears and genuine observations, and yes, all the nonsense bullshit as well,
Than try and read some sanitised bland meaningless drivel written in the cold light of day, 2 days after the fucking event!!!!

Of course we all wright shit on match days, it's what we do, and we all know better than the manager, and we would all be better referees too.

Write shit Btw.

Hertsccfc

An outstanding post. I agree with all of this and if I had more time or energy to express my opinions on here they would look very much like this.

clint van damme

Some of the hysterical bollocks he's referring to goes on 7 days a week.

Reactions: COV

fatso

Some of the hysterical bollocks he's referring to goes on 7 days a week.
Lol, that's true, but it would be as boring as fuck without it.
And this forum is miles ahead of many other clubs efforts.

I just don't see any value in not contributing anything on match day, but coming on here 2 days later to knock those that do.

Old Warwickshire lad

Look, the vast majority of us were looking for half way finish with no chance of relegation.
So let’s stop moaning and griping,and enjoy the ride.
Apart from maybe the 3 seasons in the 2 nd div. in the 60’s, I am struggling to remember a better time to be a city fan.
Can’t we just accept that individually we each know who should play,and in what position. Every fan is an expert after all.
Have the craic by all means, but try and be civil to each other.
We all want the same thing I hope.

clint van damme

Lol, that's true, but it would be as boring as fuck without it.
And this forum is miles ahead of many other clubs efforts.

I just don't see any value in not contributing anything on match day, but coming on here 2 days later to knock those that do.

I post on match days but rarely during the game (though did post during games a lot in lock down).

Though I would give a bit of advise to the end is nigh merchants on here, when you support a team who have scored in injury time in a 3rd of their games, maybe tone down the hysteria a bit to stop yourself looking a complete arse!

blunted

Couldn't have put it better sans paragraphs.

ccfcchris

Football along with all sports is about mental strength and belief. Sadly a lot of our fans lack belief. This is a team that has togetherness and a never say die attitude. Massively different from previous teams.

Many fans of other teams are exactly the same.

DannyThomas_1981

Fantastic post ISB and your views are shared by many of us.

clint van damme

Sorry match threads are for venting in the heat of the moment. Come at me bro.

Would it be as sensible to go through after we throw away a promising start and start quoting everyone who was positive? Don’t be daft.

Not just match threads is it?

robbiekeane

Emotional waffle

Nick

Administrator

Would it be as sensible to go through after we throw away a promising start and start quoting everyone who was positive? Don’t be daft.
The hindsight knob heads would

stupot07

100% agree. This place would become completely stale and boring if everyone was 100% positive and dispassionate during the match threads. It would just become an echo chamber.

People are allowed opinions, and are allowed to voice their opinions on here. Its the whole point of the forum.

You can also point out when you feel we aren't playing well, tactics are wrong, etc. Football is about opinions.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread