This forum - perspective (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

We draw 0-0 in this round of games and some on here - we’re gonna drift down to lower mid table

Results of top 6 in this round

Fulham drew at home to team at the bottom
Bournemouth drew away to team in 10th
West Brom drew away to team in 11th
Us drew at home to team in 17th
Qpr beat team in 7th
Stoke lost to team in 18th

Some belief and perspective required from some of the likely lads. I think Robins and his team have earned it don’t you?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t think there’s any anger towards the team, I think it’s more a measure of how far we’ve come. I’m disappointed we didn’t take more than 2 points from these last two games, I think that’s the general view.

I’m disappointed with these two games but on the flip side delighted with where we are. I’m sure the rest of the forum would agree

stupot07

Its not just about 1 game though, its about our recent form. 16th in the form table over the last 8 games, and last nights game looks to be the easiest on paper in the upcoming run of games. And the fact we dominated most of the game against Sheffield United and failed to capitalise when on top, and repeating that against Brum.

cb52cec731dda94841d61cfb7aa6b83c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

COV

Its not just about 1 game though, its about our recent form. 16th in the form table over the last 8 games, and last nights game looks to be the easiest on paper in the upcoming run of games. And the fact we dominated most of the game against Sheffield United and failed to capitalise when on top, and repeating that against Brum.

Actually it’s about the last 19 games

SkyblueTexan

Honestly the 0-0 away to Sheff Utd does not bother me as much as the 0-0 vs a depleted B'ham team at home. We missed a great opportunity to make up ground on the frontrunners who dropped points as well as you mentioned above. So I don't see why I should apologize for feeling gutted or frustrated. We have started off well and I feel we should continue to set the bar high for ourselves and not get into a mentality of resting on our laurels. That's all.

robbiekeane

We draw 0-0 in this round of games and some on here - we’re gonna drift down to lower mid table

Results of top 6 in this round

Fulham drew at home to team at the bottom
Bournemouth drew away to team in 10th
West Brom drew away to team in 11th
Us drew at home to team in 17th
Qpr beat team in 7th
Stoke lost to team in 18th

Some belief and perspective required from some of the likely lads. I think Robins and his team have earned it don’t you?
Look at the form table. It’s literally statistics it’s kind of hard to argue with - we’ve struggled of late and we need some good results and that was our best chance.

I don’t know why everyone gets so upset and emotional when we have a bad result (yes, 0-0 against ten man hoof ball IS a bad result…it doesn’t mean we are all big meanies who hate king robins…) and it’s called out.

CDK

It's a regular season a good spell a not so good spell,it's normal.
Under robins we get stronger the longer the season goes on.looking like a top half finish at least.

Londonccfcfan

Conviniently this is the form table just after the fulham game.
If you looked at the last 9 we would be top top 8 in form table.

Also last 3 games unbeaten. 5 points isnt bad recent form.

Or if you look at last 6.....won 2 , drew 3, lost 1.
Which is 1.5 pts per game.

So recent form isnt bad at all.

Picked up 4 points from last 2 away games.

Covkid1968#

Lies, damn lies and statistics. We know it’s typical Cov to go and beat Bournemouth now. If we are within 3 points of 6th place on New Year’s Day… I’ll be delighted!!!

Liquid Gold

If you split what has happened so far into your halves then it’s quite clear we were much better in the first half of the games played than the second half.

Our form has dipped a bit and I feel that it’s the start of a natural rebalance taking us to mid-table which is the sort of team we are.

If you think we’re a playoff team then I’m not going to disagree with your opinion but you should actually be more concerned about results me because we’re trending away from that at the moment.

Old Warwickshire lad

The squad is lightweight it’s our weakness, and was mentioned before the season started. Players get fatigued as the season progresses.
You could argue they shouldn’t be yet, but it seems to be the way pro football is. Bigger squads generally last the pace better.
I am sure some players are already playing through minor injuries, and we will lose some for longer periods as the season progresses. (Unless we are extremely fortunate).
This is why I think our playoff challenge will fall short in the end, I really hope I am wrong. But whilst we are top six, I intend to enjoy every minute.
If we finish mid table I will be satisfied with the progress.

Brighton Sky Blue

Out of interest does that coincide with Waghorn getting injured and Gyokeres going off the boil?

Not just them really. The opening games were played at very high intensity and adrenaline fuelled by being back at home with a pumped crowd. That‘s hard to sustain long run and particularly in the last block a good number of players just looked tired. Hamer especially is wearing out after less and less time on the pitch

Londonccfcfan

The league this season there isnt much between the teams in 3rd to 18th. Just 10 points. Ridiculous to think Bristol city in 18th place are just 10 points off 3rd.

Its a free for all for the play off positions.

There are no easy games, everyones taking points off each other. Every week teams around will be dropping points.

Play offs will be attainable at 70-72(it will be that low) points because its so bunched up...add Derby factor who will probably attain 60-70 points and still go down.

We just gotta keep plugging along and grabbing every point. Even with average form we will be in touching distance.

I have no doubts we will make play offs. Not seen any team outplay us ( barring Luton ).

Stop panicking. We will lose a few games.

Londonccfcfan

Not just them really. The opening games were played at very high intensity and adrenaline fuelled by being back at home with a pumped crowd. That‘s hard to sustain long run and particularly in the last block a good number of players just looked tired. Hamer especially is wearing out after less and less time on the pitch
Hamer is actually being kicked pillar to post recently. He doesnt shirk a challenge either.

Really dont think we are getting rub of the green recently either.

chiefdave

Its interesting how quickly expectations changes. After pre-season it was talk of almost certain relegation and some of the players, such as Moore & Gyokeres, were getting a lot of stick for not being up to Championship level.

Less than 20 games later and the season would be a disaster if we fail to make the play-offs. Good problem to have I guess!

Sky Blue Pete

Good point. I thought the singers corner were poor second half. Not for home fans normally but for the way they’ve dragged performances from the players has been magnificent

steve cooper

The biggest reason by far for the dip in results is Gyo has stopped scoring. Godden has to a certain extent mitigated that but there is no hiding tha fact that since the Blackburn game Gyo has not been the same player. He is showing signs of coming back now though, so lets see what the next few games brings. Losing Waghorn hasn't helped either.

Sky Blue Pete

The biggest reason by far for the dip in results is Gyo has stopped scoring. Godden has to a certain extent mitigated that but there is no hiding tha fact that since the Blackburn game Gyo has not been the same player. He is showing signs of coming back now though, so lets see what the next few games brings. Losing Waghorn hasn't helped either.
2nd half he looked back to more gyo than at any time since Blackburn

Godiva

We have won most of our games at home to bottom half teams. What happens when we meet them away?
So far the 'fluke' is the trashing of Fullham. Apart from that, we don't really look like we belong in the top 6.

1637845826783.jpeg

Hertsccfc

Out of interest does that coincide with Waghorn getting injured and Gyokeres going off the boil?
I think it is largely due to Gyokeres stopping scoring and I feel the role of Waghorn in that is overplayed on here.

We hit the top few places mainly in the back of Gyokeres' goals. Through apparent injury and loss of form those goals have dried up which is no big surprise. This happens to all strikers even the very best ones. I feel he has looked better last few matches and we have to hope he regains his goalscoring form. Or if he doesn't the other strikers compensate for this. If we look back in this period as our bad patch, we will end up pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread