Things that annoy you (13 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Used to think those Chinese walking around London and Oxford over the last 2 or 3 years with masks on were bonkers. They must have known!!

Haha. I remember being at Charles de Gaulle airport a few years ago and seeing all these Japanese people in masks and thinking - wtf. Presumably it was the SARS virus being about. The world really has changed and until a successful vaccine is found, it'll be the norm. My wife is really nervous about going back to work at school in September with primary school kids.

Nick

Administrator
Though I have a soft spot for Cov United, I must admit this applies to them! Though it depends on what one defines as a shitty team. Cov Sphinx have decent media coverage, though not a broadcaster. Today's mega friendly between Leicester Road and Cov United featured full commentary, with our very own Kevin Thornton and Chris Camwell among those playing. They even have the audacity to release a 2pm-on-Saturday-like 'team sheet'.
Soft spot? They are the worst ones for it.

Contract signing announcements for pub football ffs.

They are very much a shitty team.

Walsgrave

Soft spot? They are the worst ones for it.

Contract signing announcements for pub football ffs.

They are very much a shitty team.
I'm referring to their players whom I think deserved the chance to be promoted on the basis of points per game last season, before their season was declared null and void.

I'm not necessarily on about what they do, which I would agree is laughable at times. All I'm concerned about is that players should be given the chance to play at the right level, ad then anything in the background is another issue. With Cov United, although clearly there's a lot of things wrong with the way they operate e.g. with salaries and what not, they deserved to be promoted or at least have some kind of playoff competition with the teams in and around the top. It would have been like robbing Coventry City of the chance to go up to the Championship, albeit I accept at a much lower level.

But yes, I don't agree with the over dramatisation/professionalisation of some of their actions.

Nick

Administrator
I'm referring to their players whom I think deserved the chance to be promoted on the basis of points per game last season, before their season was declared null and void.

I'm not necessarily on about what they do, which I would agree is laughable at times. All I'm concerned about is that players should be given the chance to play at the right level, ad then anything in the background is another issue. With Cov United, although clearly there's a lot of things wrong with the way they operate e.g. with salaries and what not, they deserved to be promoted or at least have some kind of playoff competition with the teams in and around the top. It would have been like robbing Coventry City of the chance to go up to the Championship, albeit I accept at a much lower level.

But yes, I don't agree with the over dramatisation/professionalisation of some of their actions.

Couldnt give a shit about their players, if they wanted to play at a higher level they should look for another team rather than the pound signs.

It's a bit different to "robbing Coventry City". It's Saturday pub football FFS.

It's karma for fielding an illegible player.

i hope Cov Utd declare themselves null and void sooner rather than later, they will when the money runs out and they get fed up of playing football manager.

Walsgrave

Couldnt give a shit about their players, if they wanted to play at a higher level they should look for another team rather than the pound signs.

It's a bit different to "robbing Coventry City". It's Saturday pub football FFS.

It's karma for fielding an illegible player.

i hope Cov Utd declare themselves null and void sooner rather than later, they will when the money runs out and they get fed up of playing football manager.
Fair enough. It's much easier said than done though. Bedworth, Coleshill and other local teams don't exactly pay much, so it's understandable that a lot of their players would rather play in the Midland League for what they think is a team with a decent chance of promotion. If they were mid-table or not one of the better teams in the League then I would agree that they are fucking about, but they did actually top the league with the best PPG ratio prior to lockdown, so it's somewhat unfair for that not to be recognised.

Again, I'd agree with you if it were not an actual source of income for players and staff, but promotions do matter at that level. Where would you draw the line? If I remember rightly there was a team a few steps above who were mathematically guaranteed promotion but denied it because their season was declared null and void. Would you say that they did not deserve some kind of resolution? The problem comes in determining where one draws the line.

As for the stuff that has gone on in the past - they've been punished. I would not for instance want to keep punishing Man City over previous FPP rules if it is deemed that they have not not anything wrong now.

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough. It's much easier said than done though. Bedworth, Coleshill and other local teams don't exactly pay much, so it's understandable that a lot of their players would rather play in the Midland League for what they think is a team with a decent chance of promotion. If they were mid-table or not one of the better teams in the League then I would agree that they are fucking about, but they did actually top the league with the best PPG ratio prior to lockdown, so it's somewhat unfair for that not to be recognised.

Again, I'd agree with you if it were not an actual source of income for players and staff, but promotions do matter at that level. Where would you draw the line? If I remember rightly there was a team a few steps above who were mathematically guaranteed promotion but denied it because their season was declared null and void. Would you say that they did not deserve some kind of resolution? The problem comes in determining where one draws the line.

As for the stuff that has gone on in the past - they've been punished. I would not for instance want to keep punishing Man City over previous FPP rules if it is deemed that they have not not anything wrong now.
If the players want to play higher then can just look for other clubs.

Hopefully they go bust soon. Are you one of the people celebrating their goals like it's the world cup final? do you ask their players for autographs?

Make sure you tune in to the cov sphinx podcast. Nuneaton Griff will be retiring numbers next.

Walsgrave

If the players want to play higher then can just look for other clubs.

Hopefully they go bust soon. Are you one of the people celebrating their goals like it's the world cup final? do you ask their players for autographs?

Make sure you tune in to the cov sphinx podcast. Nuneaton Griff will be retiring numbers next.

Great from you, deflection rather than confronting the actual issue. Fair enough if you think it's a shit level. I'm sure that all Step 5 non league clubs will take you seriously.

Blind-Faith

C2605352-B66C-4D51-9BFC-C46D3A7B62A5.png Had a lucky 15 on the horses today , short odds I must admit , had 3 out of 4 winners, I actually lost money! The bet cost me £8.25, I only won £6.71! Could only happen to me

Nick

Administrator
Great from you, deflection rather than confronting the actual issue. Fair enough if you think it's a shit level. I'm sure that all Step 5 non league clubs will take you seriously.
I have confronted the actual issue. I really couldn't give a shit

Not all of them are so pretentious.

Last edited:

ovduk78

Semantics/Presentation!
Since when did Unemployment measurement become employment decrease .
As on the BBC 24 HR news on screen banner .
I just read it and they've turned the measurement round. At first glance it looks like unemployment is down as that is what we've always measured, why change it ffs?

chiefdave

I just read it and they've turned the measurement round. At first glance it looks like unemployment is down as that is what we've always measured, why change it ffs?
They use all sorts of odd measures to try and make the figures look good and various methods of not counting people who aren’t working.

What you really need is a full time equivalent stat.

shmmeee

As someone with a ridiculously strong prescription and sometimes just doesn’t want to wear contacts, what’s the problem with me wearing glasses to work out?

skyblue1991

What are you talking about you silly c**t?
I cannot see how one can maximise the benefit of a workout wearing glasses, particularly cardio. Is it just me?

For the record I wear glasses and lenses. When at the gym I only wear lenses and would lose benefit if I wore glasses.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I cannot see how one can maximise the benefit of a workout wearing glasses, particularly cardio. Is it just me?

For the record I wear glasses and lenses. When at the gym I only wear lenses and would lose benefit if I wore glasses.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

How on earth do glasses stop you maximising the benefit of your workout? What are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread