Things that annoy you (6 Viewers)

wingy

As an aside (and I'll do my best to stop this being political, so I don't send us into Covid thread 2!) I get slightly annoyed at people kicking off about the infringement on their liberties to have to wear a mask.

My main gripe is, why is that the trigger to set them off? Forget being put under near house arrest for months etc... it's wearing a mask that seems to have some people furious about denial of liberties.

It just seems a very odd thing to choose to fight against when, if you wanted to, there were and are plenty of other options which could have been picked to start a fight about!
I put my response or should I say an addition to this in that other thread .

Sbarcher

Used to think those Chinese walking around London and Oxford over the last 2 or 3 years with masks on were bonkers. They must have known!!

shmmeee

Used to think those Chinese walking around London and Oxford over the last 2 or 3 years with masks on were bonkers. They must have known!!

Basically any country that’s had a pandemic does this. Which always made our “the science isn’t clear” stuff a little laughable.

wingy

Basically any country that’s had a pandemic does this. Which always made our “the science isn’t clear” stuff a little laughable.
I generally go along with this .
But then I see some French News footage of leaders both national and civic displaying the predicted lapse in the approach towards social distancing .
It's difficult, masks have always made sense to me and we eventually got there.
I think we all knew it was around supply and logistics, availability.

shmmeee

I generally go along with this .
But then I see some French News footage of leaders both national and civic displaying the predicted lapse in the approach towards social distancing .
It's difficult, masks have always made sense to me and we eventually got there.
I think we all knew it was around supply and logistics, availability.

Yeah the advice at the start was always “not if there’s shortages”, but the way that’s ballooned you full on mask scepticism in countries like U.K., US and NL is silly. Asians weren’t wearing them because they think it makes them look cool. Was always an exceptionalism in our thinking that we knew better than people who have been through similar.

ccfc92

I think it's a courteous act, mainly from Japanese people. If they have a cold, they wear them to help stop passing it on to others.

skybluesam66

I think it's a courteous act, mainly from Japanese people. If they have a cold, they wear them to help stop passing it on to others.
rather than the brits who sniff and sneeze all over you on trains and at work. In theory, we should be healthier as regards standard coughs and colds this year too due to these measures

oscillatewildly

We've all suffered this, I'm sure - The work place 'team building' exercise. Which in itself is a thing of annoyance.
But what really gets my dander up is at the end, when invariably the 'team building' exercise leader will say, "Now I want you all to give yourselves a big round of applause".
Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!

Blind-Faith

When you work an 8 hour shift which feels like 12 hours, you get home and the next 8 hours fly by and it feels like 4. Back to the grind already tomorrow!!!

Marty

We've all suffered this, I'm sure - The work place 'team building' exercise. Which in itself is a thing of annoyance.
But what really gets my dander up is at the end, when invariably the 'team building' exercise leader will say, "Now I want you all to give yourselves a big round of applause".
Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!

We have 'team building' at my place but it's great, they take us paintballing, go karting, rafting etc then pay for us to go on the piss after.

shmmeee

We have 'team building' at my place but it's great, they take us paintballing, go karting, rafting etc then pay for us to go on the piss after.

This. Last time it was a day off work, steak dinner at a local pub with a few beers then afternoon at Go Ape in the sun. Loved it.

Marty

This. Last time it was a day off work, steak dinner at a local pub with a few beers then afternoon at Go Ape in the sun. Loved it.

That's the thing in the trees at Cannock chase? That was a right laugh.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Those speed cameras on Henley road i was doing 35 in a 30 I was under 30 nearly the whole length of the road realised I was over and slowed down but reckon I’ve been caught . No one to blame but myself colleague at work reckon there’s an average on the road and she was doing nearly 40 between cameras and never got caught

shmmeee

Those speed cameras on Henley road i was doing 35 in a 30 I was under 30 nearly the whole length of the road realised I was over and slowed down but reckon I’ve been caught . No one to blame but myself colleague at work reckon there’s an average on the road and she was doing nearly 40 between cameras and never got caught

The entire speed management strategy of CCC to be honest. Just feels like a constant trap to make money from confusion.

Marty

The entire speed management strategy of CCC to be honest. Just feels like a constant trap to make money from confusion.

It's not just CCC tbf, it's just a massive revenue source for the country. It's not even about road safety.

Got done doing 45mph down the London road and 52mph on 50 in Birmingham, both happened at a time when large firms when bust and needed a large payout from the government, one was carillon and can't remember the other but was about 9 months after.

Both completely empty roads with perfect driving conditions.

shmmeee

It's not just CCC tbf, it's just a massive revenue source for the country. It's not even about road safety.

Got done doing 45mph down the London road and 52mph on 50 in Birmingham, both happened at a time when large firms when bust and needed a large payout from the government, one was carillon and can't remember the other but was about 9 months after.

Both completely empty roads with perfect driving conditions.

Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire are just as bad, as the points on my licence will attest 😬

Sbarcher

Strange how many "safety" speed cameras are positioned at the bottom of hills.

Tommo1993

Speed trap down Coundon Wedge yesterday, he’ll have caught plenty. Those mobile vans HAVE to put up signs, so you can tell when there’s gonna be one. Rule of thumb is don’t speed, don’t worry about it - coming from someone with 7 points!

Terry Gibson's perm

It didn’t do a lot of good them wearing them in China though still managed to get it spread around the world.

Walsgrave

Sunday League / Really shit football teams having a podcast.

Have a fucking word with yourselves.
Though I have a soft spot for Cov United, I must admit this applies to them! Though it depends on what one defines as a shitty team. Cov Sphinx have decent media coverage, though not a broadcaster. Today's mega friendly between Leicester Road and Cov United featured full commentary, with our very own Kevin Thornton and Chris Camwell among those playing. They even have the audacity to release a 2pm-on-Saturday-like 'team sheet'.

Users who are viewing this thread