Things that annoy you (21 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Agreed with the last two posts, I mean the general point is just let children be children. They don't need to act / dress / look like adults you fucking clowns.

It adds some strange sort of pressure to them too.

I've seen posts as well when kid's teams are looking for players.

"Looking for a CDM, must have experience, under 7s"

SkyBlueSoul

Getting annoyed at the amount of tourists at popular sightseeing spots....then realising you are doing exactly the same and are part of the problem.
Tbf I will add to this people who are literally just there for the instagram photo. Prime example was the Trevi Fountain yesterday, watched a young couple argue for 10 minutes because he wasn't getting the right pictures of her while she posed (from what I could tell, they weren't English but it was pretty obvious) and not once did either of them stop and actually look at the damn thing before they left. They were shouting and she was on the verge of tears by the end, it was embarrassing.

Nick

Administrator
Roadworks everywhere across the city.

Well, not so much work but traffic and temporary lights on every other road.

Eastern green and keresley both grid locked.

Macca1987

Roadworks on M6, showing for over half a mile that it goes into 1 lane, but c*nts of lorry drivers still piling down the inside lane at 60 miles an hour in the pouring rain

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

They’ve put up a really shit one at the Wigston Rd/Asda roundabout in Walsgrave. And it causes tail back to J2, so getting out of the Crosspoint Business Park after work is shit, because people just block up the Hinckley Rd roundabout.

wingy

They’ve put up a really shit one at the Wigston Rd/Asda roundabout in Walsgrave. And it causes tail back to J2, so getting out of the Crosspoint Business Park after work is shit, because people just block up the Hinckley Rd roundabout.
What are they doing there?

Tommo1993

What are they doing there?

No idea mate. But every time I go over that Asda roundabout at just before 6am all of them are stuck on red. Luckily not many cars are about so anyone there just goes through them. I go M6 on way home though because it’s just rammed up Hinckley Rd by then.

oscillatewildly

Injections at the dentist. I'm not great with needles anyway so having 2 or 3 in the mouth is shit, was shaking like a shitting dog
Depends on the severity of pain and the need for urgent treatment. A couple of years ago I had a dislodged filling replaced but the prep work caused grief to a nerve (kicked off two weeks later)
I was in agony for nearly 24 hours, double dosing on pain killers. Even researched self extraction on youtube.
Rang my dentist in the morning begging for treatment - Receptionist told me to come in but couldn't guarantee treatment.
I have never been so happy to see a dentist prepare the needles after he examined me!

Yank

Whenever my neighbor blares his loud ass gangster rap music and refuses to turn it down even though their is a noise ordinance on our street.:cautious:

Nick

Administrator
I applied for a voluntary role at a charity doing some IT stuff that I wanted to get into (projects etc).

They replied saying actually, can you just make us a new website instead and we will get somebody else to volunteer to do all the stuff I actually wanted to do.

Piss takers. It was a firm thanks but no thanks from me.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah I try not to go up there now, it's carnage in rush hour.

SkyBlueSoul

Depends on the severity of pain and the need for urgent treatment. A couple of years ago I had a dislodged filling replaced but the prep work caused grief to a nerve (kicked off two weeks later)
I was in agony for nearly 24 hours, double dosing on pain killers. Even researched self extraction on youtube.
Rang my dentist in the morning begging for treatment - Receptionist told me to come in but couldn't guarantee treatment.
I have never been so happy to see a dentist prepare the needles after he examined me!
I've learned to keep my shit together now but back in the day I just outright refused regardless. A mate caught my jaw accidentally at a gig years ago and crashed my teeth together, caused the front half of one to fly off so the nerve was showing. Got an emergency appointment the next day to have it capped and had them operate straight onto the nerve rather than have an injection. The assistant held my hand so I could squeeze when the pain hit.

fernandopartridge

I applied for a voluntary role at a charity doing some IT stuff that I wanted to get into (projects etc).

They replied saying actually, can you just make us a new website instead and we will get somebody else to volunteer to do all the stuff I actually wanted to do.

Piss takers. It was a firm thanks but no thanks from me.

You should have just got your foot in the door by doing the website and going from there imo

Sick Boy

Injections at the dentist. I'm not great with needles anyway so having 2 or 3 in the mouth is shit, was shaking like a shitting dog
My grandfather was the same but just didn’t have the injections because he didn’t feel pain at the dentist - obviously he’d never have admitted he was scared of needles.

Nick

Administrator
You should have just got your foot in the door by doing the website and going from there imo

It was more the tone and demands from people asking others to donate their time and skills.

If I was applying for a normal job for example then yeah I would but not a voluntary couple of hours a week of time.

Blind-Faith

Lads vs dads at my under 11s training tonight for a bit of fun as no game this weekend.

Was the youngest player in the dads team (36) , running along with no one near me, my calf just went POP! Iced up now and can barely put any weight on it. Can’t move my toes in an upwards motion. Always warm up folks even if you are the youngest on your team!

SkyBlueSoul

Living with cerebrally-challenged people during a cost of living crisis. Came home and the house is fucking roasting to which one of my housemates explains he put the heating on because he was "cold this morning" which means it's been on for hours. Hasn't put it on 'auto' so it turns off at a certain temp either, it's just been on indefinitely and the house is now 20-odd degrees. He's a lovely lad but very airy fairy.

ccfctommy

It adds some strange sort of pressure to them too.

I've seen posts as well when kid's teams are looking for players.

"Looking for a CDM, must have experience, under 7s"
How can you have CDM when they only play 7 a side at that age?

Sick Boy

Lads vs dads at my under 11s training tonight for a bit of fun as no game this weekend.

Was the youngest player in the dads team (36) , running along with no one near me, my calf just went POP! Iced up now and can barely put any weight on it. Can’t move my toes in an upwards motion. Always warm up folks even if you are the youngest on your team!
I did that playing football on the beach and was in agony for a few days - it should sort itself out pretty quickly.

SBT

How can you have CDM when they only play 7 a side at that age?
One of the midfield three is going to have to drop deep to protect the centre-backs when the other team is in transition. That frees up one of the other midfielders to play more as a trequartista when we’re in possession, creating an overload in the channels, then all you have to do is break through the lines.

Plus, their keeper forgot his gloves and doesn’t even like playing there so you can just pelt him with long shots until he cries.

skyblue1991

Lads using the word 'bro'

Heard Declan Rice speak to one of the England players (think it was Saka) and he must have used it about 3 times in a single sentence!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

ProfessorbyGrace

DPD "Couldn't find your address"

Yes you could, I've got you on CCTV pull up, take a picture then fuck off without attempting to deliver it.
Wonder how he’ll explain that?
DPD drivers around here are lethal; constantly up your backside or zooming around the lanes at ridiculous speeds.
I get that they’re time restricted, but seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread