Things that annoy you (31 Viewers)

oakey

Use of indicators is a weird one.
When did it become optional, especially when entering or coming off a roundabout?
I was taught to always indicate even for benefit of pedestrians.
The times I wait to cross a main road and the the beggar turns left before reaching me. Not fancy signalling mate? Lost the use of your arm except for steering?

Nick

Administrator
Guessing schools being closed kept most of the morons off the road this morning.

Although another annoyance, people who have 4 x 4s but still drive like they are trying to drive a 2000BHP rear wheel drive drift car in the snow.

Nick

Administrator
Nhs....

Letter through that has a cc to my GP.

"Thank you very much for your referral of this pleasant lady"

Then goes on to say she with a summary. I think they are summaries for somebody else. Has all of my details at the top (NHS number etc) but just the actual letter is about somebody else. Whoever she is.

Maybe the shitty old notepad he was writing everything down on got mixed up. I was quite manly that day too, wasn't a dressy up day.

How many more months to correct it?

Nick

Administrator
Thinking about it, if they have put somebody else's stuff into my record it could actually be pretty dangerous....

He also spelt his own name wrong.

Tommo1993

Ooh it snowed a little bit, I’ll dazzle everyone with my fog lights and slow as fuck, hypercautious driving.

“You can’t be too careful.” Yes, you actually can. It adds so much to the danger.

Nick

Administrator
Well it is true. Starve something of resource, and it stops functioning as it should. Doesn't stop it being wrong that it happens to you, but also doesn't stop the general statement being true.
What resource was he starved of?

Imagine if they gave the completely wrong treatment based on somebody else's summary.... Imagine if it was really life threatening...

It's just an easy excuse, still let's clap them all and give them any pay rise they want

NorthernWisdom

emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png
When you're seeing umpteen goons and working ridiculous hours, the resource of having more of him is what he's starved of, along with the resource of having support who can take away some of the other tasks for him, so he can focus on the ones he's supposed to.

Those resources.

And bit pathetic to mock their desire for a pay rise really. Just grind them more into the dirt, have it shrink even further, and then wonder why your treatment gets even worse...

Nick

Administrator
When you're seeing umpteen goons and working ridiculous hours, the resource of having more of him is what he's starved of, along with the resource of having support who can take away some of the other tasks for him, so he can focus on the ones he's supposed to.

Those resources.

And bit pathetic to mock their desire for a pay rise really. Just grind them more into the dirt, have it shrink even further, and then wonder why your treatment gets even worse...

It's already in the dirt.

I don't doubt it will be saving shit loads of lives every day. On the other hand there's probably shit loads being lost due to fuck ups.

(He was tired and seeing a lot of people is no excuse)

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Imagine if they gave the completely wrong treatment based on somebody else's summary.... Imagine if it was really life threatening...

It's just an easy excuse, still let's clap them all and give them any pay rise they want

You wouldn't get the wrong treatment though, it's an administrator wrongly transposing something into a letter. The consultant if you ever need an operation doesn't just ask for a copy of your letter.

olderskyblue

Bollocks.

There's no excuse.

I'll probably just have to get a loan and go private to avoid dealing with these inept pricks.
Don’t want to worry you, but I had an operation about 12 years ago privately, and told the surgeon I was allergic to penicillin. He put a different colour label on my wrist, and put in his report that Penicillin was not to be administered.

Day after the op, he comes to see me, reads the notes on the clipboard, and finds out they've been giving me penicillin since the op….

Nick

Administrator
You wouldn't get the wrong treatment though, it's an administrator wrongly transposing something into a letter. The consultant if you ever need an operation doesn't just ask for a copy of your letter.
Maybe they can ask the same questions he did and my GP did months ago? Just to make sure.

Nick

Administrator
Are each of those clinicians to blame for asking you the same questions?

The one who thought I was a lady openly said I was there because they didn't trust the GPs answers. (who funnily enough sent them over correctly).

So if somebody has read them and decided I need to go in to answer the same ones again because they don't trust the GP, I'd guess it's their fault. (Or if the GP is generally not viewed as trustworthy by the Hospital)

fernandopartridge

The one who thought I was a lady openly said I was there because they didn't trust the GPs answers. (who funnily enough sent them over correctly).

So if somebody has read them and decided I need to go in to answer the same ones again because they don't trust the GP, I'd guess it's their fault. (Or if the GP is generally not viewed as trustworthy by the Hospital)

The problem is that the consultant is ultimately clinically responsible for whatever happens next, so the GPs answers just inform the referral.

Hertsccfc

Bollocks.

There's no excuse.

I'll probably just have to get a loan and go private to avoid dealing with these inept pricks.
So who do you think should be arranging these things so they are right? Take management away and make doctors do this type of thing? It's why all this get rid of NHS managers stuff is nonsense.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I reckon a player from each squad who is either out suspended or injured giving commentary on tv matches would be good

Grendel

Bloody Google phone advert with that AJ and her pherters. Anyone else who would say they could only see her teeth would be in trouble.

It is terrible. It’s the Rylan approach to advertising

Sbarcher

People who buy your item on Ebay, then when the auction has finished decide to change their mind. Bloody time wasters.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread