Things that annoy you (8 Viewers)

Sbarcher

I do hate the craft beer lot albeit finding myself dabbling in some more different types to what I did previously. Most of it is warm and flat anyway!
as for coffee, started to become one of them but it’s still a fucking a machadoobedoowap.
Like to catch out the nerdy baristas with a “macchiatoni”. When they say did you mean a macchiato I tell them it’s from the Veneto region, have you never heard of it?

wingy

I dont think they should even be on a bike.

The other morning there was about 5 of them on my way to work, all over the shop, no road sense, not aware of their surroundings or anything.
No
Let's get a proper bike lane (scooter's please) in place , I mean dedicated independent lanes for them or alternate routes entirely for them .

We're wedded to cars but it is changing,it has too .
Let's face it so many car journeys are short enough to be in e-scooter range .
Car ownership is going to become out of reach to so many on economic grounds ,a privilege or company vehicle .
It's easy and understandable that we as motorist's see them as dangerous or inconvenient but they are entitled to get about like the rest of us .
I always try to approach things like this through the prism of would I treat my daughter or grandkids respectfully if they were out on their bike's on the road .
Get the infrastructure in place , car's and smaller slower transportation don't really mix successfully.🤔

Nick

Administrator
Pretentious cunts need 2 footing full stop.

I hate it when people want to use 100 words and sugar coat things to make themselves sound posh when it could be said in 3 words and everybody could be on with their day.

chiefdave

These sort of pricks.

If they were on the wind up, I'd just laugh, but they're being genuinely serious about their "outrage".
Or he's a Sheff Wed fan who had just scored a 90th minute winner against Sheff Utd. Which one is more likely? I mean they even explained it on the commentary. There's enough genuine problems around without idiots like that making rubbish up to be offended about.

OffenhamSkyBlue

No
Let's get a proper bike lane (scooter's please) in place , I mean dedicated independent lanes for them or alternate routes entirely for them .

We're wedded to cars but it is changing,it has too .
Let's face it so many car journeys are short enough to be in e-scooter range .
Car ownership is going to become out of reach to so many on economic grounds ,a privilege or company vehicle .
It's easy and understandable that we as motorist's see them as dangerous or inconvenient but they are entitled to get about like the rest of us .
I always try to approach things like this through the prism of would I treat my daughter or grandkids respectfully if they were out on their bike's on the road .
Get the infrastructure in place , car's and smaller slower transportation don't really mix successfully.🤔
I agree that we should build more cycle paths, but there will still be the radical cycling brigade who don't use them when they are there - CUNTS! They have been built at taxpayers' expense for your safety and convenience - it should be mandatory to use them when they exist.

You lot on Kenilworth Road south of the A45 know who you are!

shmmeee

I agree that we should build more cycle paths, but there will still be the radical cycling brigade who don't use them when they are there - CUNTS! They have been built at taxpayers' expense for your safety and convenience - it should be mandatory to use them when they exist.

Warwick is the worst for this. Actually really good (for the U.K.) cycle infrastructure and they all go on the roads!

jimmyhillsfanclub

My kids Primary school! (I love them really, but this winds me up)

One one hand, they're making lots of noise about catching the kids up due to all the bubble isolations & the missed months of school, yet this week alone that have a christmas movie day & a christmas party jumper day......

I wouldn't mind, but I've just spent several hours of my weekend supervising them ploughing through ridiculous amounts of homework.

Heres an idea.....How about you teach the kids while they're at school & I'll show them a christmas movie at the weekend.

shmmeee

My kids Primary school! (I love them really, but this winds me up)

One one hand, they're making lots of noise about catching the kids up due to all the bubble isolations & the missed months of school, yet this week alone that have a christmas movie day & a christmas party jumper day......

I wouldn't mind, but I've just spent several hours of my weekend supervising them ploughing through ridiculous amounts of homework.

Heres an idea.....How about you teach the kids while they're at school & I'll show them a christmas movie at the weekend.

My old head would’ve had their guts for garters, no Xmas until the final week under him. I got told off for teaching Publisher by making Christmas cards two weeks before end of term when we had a two week timetable so that was my last lesson with them before the break.

Liquid Gold

"Ratiod" football twitter in general is annoying but any post about anything someone will comment "ratioed" in an attempt to get more likes than the original comment and prove that it's unpopular. Mouth breathers.

Ccfcisparks

"Ratiod" football twitter in general is annoying but any post about anything someone will comment "ratioed" in an attempt to get more likes than the original comment and prove that it's unpopular. Mouth breathers.
Football twitter is the biggest cesspit on the internet. Bunch of freaks.

ajsccfc

On football Twitter you often see so much shit in replies but you get far enough and see the 'show more replies' button, imagine the type of nonsense that's been kept behind that curtain. Never been brave enough to peek

Skybluefaz

I don't know if loud sneezers has been done, but there is a guy at my place of work who almost full on screams when he sneezes. I'm 99.9% sure it is not necessary and he only does it cos he thinks it makes him a bit of a quirky character. Winds the fucking shit out of me though. Best thing about working from home is not having to put up with that shit.

wingy

I don't know if loud sneezers has been done, but there is a guy at my place of work who almost full on screams when he sneezes. I'm 99.9% sure it is not necessary and he only does it cos he thinks it makes him a bit of a quirky character. Winds the fucking shit out of me though. Best thing about working from home is not having to put up with that shit.
Yes can almost seem theatrical,we had an apprentice many years ago with that trait
Although I do have to say my own tend to be difficult to suppress.

Sbarcher

My wife is exactly the same!
She insists she can't manage a quiet one, even when I give her a lesson in tongue positioning (no, really!).
It's normally two in quick succession. If we're out I just want to look away.
It ends in such a crescendo that my ears feel like bursting. When we see one coming on we take evasive action.
I'm convinced she does it for attention, but even when she's on her own she manages a room-shaker.

Skybluefaz

Yes can almost seem theatrical,we had an apprentice many years ago with that trait
Although I do have to say my own tend to be difficult to suppress.
I don't suppress my sneezes but I don't roar them out either. I've never heard anything like the fella at my work before. Loud nose blowers, yes. Not sneezing at that level though. Horrible.

hill83

Ex father in law takes a 25 yard run up for his sneezes.

Covstu

These sort of pricks.

If they were on the wind up, I'd just laugh, but they're being genuinely serious about their "outrage".
Yep outraged twat. Given the shit thats happened around Millwall etc it was a daft thing to do but brain goes out the window when you score a 92nd min winner nevermind at the blunts when your a wednesday fan

Covstu

Have you seen the state of cycle paths in the city? They are shocking and more dangerous than the roads. Still don’t understand anyone getting all animated at waiting 10 seconds to pass cyclists.

Liquid Gold

These sort of pricks.

The thing about that is I've seen two people, that being the second, who genuinely thinks that he's being homophobic whereas I've seen about a thousand getting angry at the idea of all the people they've created in their head thinking it's homophobic, there are loads more on twitter saying it's good to see him giving it to the LGBT community. Minority opinions are so often highlighted just to have a go at 'the other side'.

skyblueinBaku

I think when the pandemic is over it should be mandatory for everyone to have to retake their driving test.

Cannot believe the state of the standard of driving on the roads at the moment. Having to be constantly vigilant to other drivers.
Retake the test? There are plenty of idiots driving who have never taken the test.

ccfc92

How long debit/credit cards take to process payments.

Get paid weekly currently, so been clearing credit card balance, which takes 2 working days.

So basically without said money/credit available to reuse to spend on fuel to work :rolleyes:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Some fuckers smashedthe headlight On my car no cctv or contact details

Sbarcher

Not really an annoyance, more of a phobia.
I'm in my 60's but have always had a fear when I park the car near a drain cover. I have this strong feeling that somehow I'm going to drop my keys down it and have to hold them in my pocket for safety. Totally irrational and that's normally not like me.
Maybe a new thread for phobias?

covmark

Not really an annoyance, more of a phobia.
I'm in my 60's but have always had a fear when I park the car near a drain cover. I have this strong feeling that somehow I'm going to drop my keys down it and have to hold them in my pocket for safety. Totally irrational and that's normally not like me.
Maybe a new thread for phobias?
Haha I do that too. It's worse when I have a wheel on said drain cover. Think to myself I'd be fucked if I dropped them down there with my wheel parked on it.
Good to know that I'm not alone in being a weirdo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
People who give money to randoms on social media who are being beggy.

It's astronomical, random Joe's are charging people to "follow" them or "have a chat".

They aren't celebrities they are just random gimps who do dances and pull silly faces.

chiefdave

Meant to post this one last Friday but I'm probably more annoyed about it now than I was then! People at work who announce to everyone they have finished for Christmas.

Where I work made a lot of the customer facing staff redundant during covid and as a result we are now short staffed and have had restrictions put in place around taking annual leave. Upshot of that is the only day I've got off over Christmas and New Year is the 30th.

Funnily enough the redundancies didn't impact an already bloated management layer (we've now 2 heads of department and 7 managers for 13 staff!) who also seem unaffected by the rule changes on annual leave and have been happily announcing they have finished work for the year.

Users who are viewing this thread