Things that annoy you (29 Viewers)

skyblue1991

"Guys" "You guys"
c030bf9d063e697dd6c60b24a774b84b.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

hill83

When yanks say “let’s go!” for everything in sort. It’s completely killed off the latest season of all or nothing for me.

Gazolba

When yanks say “let’s go!” for everything in sort. It’s completely killed off the latest season of all or nothing for me.
Dating myself a bit here, but does anyone remember the old Western TV program the "Cisco Kid"?
Well the Cisco Kid had a Mexican (I assume) companion who instead of saying "Let's go", always used to say "Let's went".

eastwoodsdustman

Stupid bitch who decided to follow an ambulance and not let people pull out after letting it past. Yes I pulled out on you you ignorant bitch. Show a bit of respect to other road users!

Otis

Modern thinking!! Grrr!!

Is anyone else being confronted with this, that of people just of ignoring messages and not responding?

I have been told it is now the norm.

I am trying to put a show on. I advertised and people came along and were dead keen. Had a couple of meetings and a read-through's of the script and and everyone really liked it and wanted to be in the show.
So, got all their details, set up a WhatsApp group, but since then I can hardly get anyone for a further read-through or a meetup.

People don't even read the messages. Again, I am told this is the norm.

Because I wanted to cast it and they wanted to be in it, but couldn't be arsed to come to any meetings, I asked people to do do a self tape. Just film themselves doing a few lines from the script and then sing a song from the show and send it to me. Thought I was being helpful.

However, that was a month ago and I got just two self tapes back, despite my issuing a deadline.

What I have had to do I now ask them to audition. I messaged them all individually, as well as in the group chat and they all said they are still dead keen. One girl said she hadn't sent a tape in or read any messages because she had a bit of a cold. For a month??!!

Anyway, now none of them are responding to the call to audiiton.

I have interest from the Belgrade Theatre and those people are much more committed and say they will turn up, so I will just cast them instead.

Apparently this is the way things are these days. People are in so many group chats and on so many social media platforms and get so many messages, they ignore large swathes of the messages.

This has been proven because one of my people moaned that she needed more than a couple of days notice for info. When I pointed out to her that I posted the same thing 10 days previous, she actually admitted she hadn't bothered to read that mesaage.

Anyone else encounter the same thing?

Messaged a friend in the US and she says it is exactly the same over there.

Last edited:

Otis

Ghosting people is definitely not the norm. It’s a dick move.
Well this came from someone younger. Well, younger than me anyway, which isn't hard. She's 23. It was her that told me.

People are just in too many groups and on too many platforms.

I've heard my daughter's phone go if she leaves notifications on. It is like the phone is faulty. It's literally going off every 2 seconds and endlessly too for hours on end.

One day she left it on by mistake at night and it was going off constantly til nearly 3am.

These people are telling me they get too many messages, so just ignore most of them.

So how do you know which ones are important and which ones are not?

shmmeee

Well this came from someone younger. Well, younger than me anyway, which isn't hard. She's 23. It was her that told me.

People are just in too many groups and on too many platforms.

I've heard my daughter's phone go if she leaves notifications on. It is like the phone is faulty. It's literally going off every 2 seconds and endlessly too for hours on end.

One day she left it on by mistake at night and it was going off constantly til nearly 3am.

These people are telling me they get too many messages, so just ignore most of them.

So how do you know which ones are important and which ones are not?

My missus is 24 and said it’s still a dick move. I asked the same questions you are on a similar thing. Frankly if you’re in too many groups, leave some groups. I swear some people just want to feel popular.

Otis

My missus is 24 and said it’s still a dick move. I asked the same questions you are on a similar thing. Frankly if you’re in too many groups, leave some groups. I swear some people just want to feel popular.
Yup.

I agree it's a dick move. I always reply to every message I ever get and like you, I would just quit some groups if I couldn't.

Some are signed up everywhere it seems.

SBAndy

Ghosting people is definitely not the norm. It’s a dick move.

Certainly becoming more and more prevalent. As Otis says, I think it’s a volume thing as much as anything, and far too often I will open a message but not get round to replying and then it drifts from my consciousness.

Otis

Certainly becoming more and more prevalent. As Otis says, I think it’s a volume thing as much as anything, and far too often I will open a message but not get round to replying and then it drifts from my consciousness.
So true, but some have actually told me they deliberately ignored messages. As I said before, how do they know it is not important?

Users who are viewing this thread