Things that annoy you (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Recruitment agencies that can see on your profile you're only interested in Cov but phone you up about things miles away and then get the hump when you say no "google says its only a hour away".

Ha, it's even funnier when they phone up trying to place people in jobs who live about 4 hours away and have absolutely no experience.

They are a bit desperate.

ovduk78

Ah, good old recruitment agencies! I used to work in IT doing short term contracts and when I was offered an extension I asked for an increase they said they couldn't as they were only making 20%, imagine my shock when I went to collect a fax and sitting on the fax machine was one from them stating my hourly rate to the company and they were making 30%. They were not happy and said that I shouldn't have read the fax but I pointed out that they shouldn't have lied and my hourly rate was increased. A few months later I left and was offered a contract in Brussels and there was a delay in the paperwork so I went to an interview for a full-time job with Abbey National in Milton Keynes which I was offered at the interview. I explained to the interviewer the situation and he was fine and said he would keep the job for me for a short time as long as I let him know either way. The agency went ballistic saying I was turning down a fantastic opportunity, moving abroad was a risk, the money on offer was fantastic and I would regret not joining Abbey National. Even when I told him the money in Brussels was twice as much he still wouldn't accept that it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. The paperwork arrived the same day & I called back Abbey National and the interviewer was as happy as I was. I reckon I must have cost the agency and the agent a few thousand in commission which made it even sweeter!

Covstu

Ah, good old recruitment agencies! I used to work in IT doing short term contracts and when I was offered an extension I asked for an increase they said they couldn't as they were only making 20%, imagine my shock when I went to collect a fax and sitting on the fax machine was one from them stating my hourly rate to the company and they were making 30%. They were not happy and said that I shouldn't have read the fax but I pointed out that they shouldn't have lied and my hourly rate was increased. A few months later I left and was offered a contract in Brussels and there was a delay in the paperwork so I went to an interview for a full-time job with Abbey National in Milton Keynes which I was offered at the interview. I explained to the interviewer the situation and he was fine and said he would keep the job for me for a short time as long as I let him know either way. The agency went ballistic saying I was turning down a fantastic opportunity, moving abroad was a risk, the money on offer was fantastic and I would regret not joining Abbey National. Even when I told him the money in Brussels was twice as much he still wouldn't accept that it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. The paperwork arrived the same day & I called back Abbey National and the interviewer was as happy as I was. I reckon I must have cost the agency and the agent a few thousand in commission which made it even sweeter!
Yep parasites! We had an agent poaching our staff and then trying to recruit for that vacant post thus doubling his commission!

olderskyblue

Had an agency send me the CV of a guy "looking to move" for a sales job I had going, the CV was of a guy who already worked for me...

Captain Dart

SBAndy

Trains getting busier and busier in the mornings. No accommodation for the increase in demand. Sitting down on a train is but a distant memory.

In all honesty though, the way people are now packed onto trains must pose a fairly significant health and safety risk.

Covstu

Trains getting busier and busier in the mornings. No accommodation for the increase in demand. Sitting down on a train is but a distant memory.

In all honesty though, the way people are now packed onto trains must pose a fairly significant health and safety risk.
Buy a ticket in advance?

fernandopartridge

Recruitment agencies that can see on your profile you're only interested in Cov but phone you up about things miles away and then get the hump when you say no "google says its only a hour away".
Only 10 hours a week or 20 days a year, can't you think about their commission for once!?

Covstu

I have an annual ticket. Not sure I could buy much more in advance.

The conductor this morning has essentially encouraged people to complain. That is how bad it is getting.
Fair enough, never had an issue but my journey on the train is normally Manchester or london

vow

Sky Sports News, especially regarding Solskjaers 3yr deal as Manure boss.

BREAKING NEWS: MANURE APPOINT SOLSKJAER ON 3-YEAR DEAL.

Plus the ticker showing quotes from said manager and others! Covering the screen in yellow!

So no other sports news worth reporting on then??! Ffs

vow

Then to top it off, SSN interview 3 "fans" outside Old Trafford:
A brummie, a Jock and a Swede...

vow

People who can't deal with multi-storey car parks.....

vow

People that use terminology like "lol", "lmao" and "rofl" in a serious way to try and win an argument, as opposed to a jokey/sarcastic way.

Also "soy boy", "skin in the game" etc.

richnrg

the phrase 'lets have a proper, grown-up conversation' (often said by politicians - e.g. Ken Clarke)

1. It implies that previous conversations have been childish, and anyway..
2. Kids often speak more sense than the bullshit that 'grown-ups' seem to spout.

skyblueinBaku

2. Kids often speak more sense than the bullshit that 'grown-ups' seem to spout.

If you can like understand what they are like talking about, like.

richnrg

videos (usually on facebook) that show you how to make new things out of old things. Basically you take some old useless pieces of shit, spend hours gluing/filing/polishing/painting, and end up with a brand new useless piece of shit.

OffenhamSkyBlue

videos (usually on facebook) that show you how to make new things out of old things. Basically you take some old useless pieces of shit, spend hours gluing/filing/polishing/painting, and end up with a brand new useless piece of shit.
Think it's called "up-cycling" - the otherwise-fine Kirstie Allsopp is the queen of this, especially for Xmas decorations and presents. Absolute shite!

eastwoodsdustman

John Bishop. I remember a thread about his’charidee’ work when it suited his profile and he’s just made a load on his hs2 purchased house despite being against hs2.

Corrado

What is it with blokes wearing leggins under their shorts at the Gym - when did that become acceptable???

Nick

Administrator
What is it with blokes wearing leggins under their shorts at the Gym - when did that become acceptable???

I've never got the full length leggings bit, I do wear Under Armour type undershorts though. Nobody wants to see what I have had for breakfast while doing sit ups.

Users who are viewing this thread