Things that annoy you (32 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

politicians that say that they have been 'very clear' on an issue. Seems to be the current 'buzz-word(s).
At the moment every politician claims that they have made their views on brexit 'very clear', despite the fact that no-one has a fucking clue as to what is going on.

Politicians are impressively snake like under questioning. I've always wondered if they're born liars or go to some kind of camp to learn the skill.

Marty

It will be an old person strolling out after a chat, then you will get in and be rushed out within a minute. Educated guess

You're partially correct, she spent a good 15 mins assessing me and has referred me for a MRI.

Sick Boy

Really the thing to blame is the work culture here. Teaching was terrible for it, this idea that if you weren’t literally dead then you should be in, just ends up infecting everyone.

It’s the same at my current place where we only get SSP, means everyone forces themselves in. So counter productive.

The thing is we have a policy where if you’re ill you can work from home!!

Sick Boy

Grown men who spend their working lives complaining and bitching about the job but never speaking up and generally doing no work, and then trying to project their own toxicity onto others.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I feel your pain, I have to size up due to my shoulders but end up with everything too long
Timberland shirts used to be a very generous cut, but they have completely changed their sizes but I had to go down a waist size in their jeans. But I tend to stick with next or Henry llyods for jeans and prefer Ralph Lauren for shirts

OffenhamSkyBlue

Sure, there’s ill and ill! If you have a case of man-flu you could quite possibly do a Day’s work but going to the office or wherever would both make you feel worse and risk passing it round the entire workforce thus incurring their wrath and reducing overall productivity.
If you can’t manage to work at home (either because of the work you do or you genuinely feel too ill), you should self-certify as being off sick.

In my view, you should not be penalised for that

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

You’ve probably heard how quickly an entire cruise ship can go down with something like norovirus. The same can happen at work!!

Had norovirus at the start of October, my son had it first was ill Friday night by the Sunday afternoon myself and my wife had it, Monday all fine, work told me to work from home til the Wednesday, I know some bosses who’d want you in no benefit at all to it!

Nick

Administrator
Ditto in lifts. Just because you press the button 74 times it doesn’t make it come any quicker.

It depends which button... ;)

giphy.gif

ccfc92

People who press the button at pedestrian crossings without looking for traffic and eventually realising they can cross before they change to red anyway.

Also, the brain dead sheep students down here at Bournemouth Uni. One will cross a busy road (no zebra crossing etc), then a herd of them blindly follow holding up traffic and risking their lives.

OffenhamSkyBlue

People who press the button at pedestrian crossings without looking for traffic and eventually realising they can cross before they change to red anyway.

Also, the brain dead sheep students down here at Bournemouth Uni. One will cross a busy road (no zebra crossing etc), then a herd of them blindly follow holding up traffic and risking their lives.
All of these, and local authorities who have no fucking clue how long it takes even old people to cross the road at a set of lights. The set on Warwick Road in Kenilworth near the Earl of Clarendon pub are particularly bad. Even wobbly old duffers are about 30 yards away by the time the traffic gets the green light.
It’s why the pelican crossing was invented, with traffic being able to proceed on flashing amber provided there is no one on the crossing. The powers that be have forgotten this and don’t have a flashing amber in most cases, causing needless hold-ups!

Nick

Administrator
All of these, and local authorities who have no fucking clue how long it takes even old people to cross the road at a set of lights. The set on Warwick Road in Kenilworth near the Earl of Clarendon pub are particularly bad. Even wobbly old duffers are about 30 yards away by the time the traffic gets the green light.
It’s why the pelican crossing was invented, with traffic being able to proceed on flashing amber provided there is no one on the crossing. The powers that be have forgotten this and don’t have a flashing amber in most cases, causing needless hold-ups!
Could be like the carnage at the train station crossing!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The fact I’ve just watched 90 minutes of Derby v forest in a game that made our 0-0 with Bradford at HR bonfire night 2003 look like the ‘87 cup final!

Terry Gibson's perm

We have some daft rules at work we have a bloke who has nothing wrong with him just wants to change his job to days (our department doesn’t have any day workers) he has been off since the summer, I had two separate single days off with sickness that I caught of colleagues and got called into the office and warned about my sickness record.

Nick

Administrator
People who ask you to help them do something but don't tell you what they need in a normal way. Takes about an hour just to try and decipher the shit they are talking.

Terry Gibson's perm

The charging to collect your green bin do they no realise that I pay for the service already in my excessive council tax, I will not be paying and all the stuff will go back into the black bin, I will be contacting the council to ask when they are collecting their useless bins

Nick

Administrator
The charging to collect your green bin do they no realise that I pay for the service already in my excessive council tax, I will not be paying and all the stuff will go back into the black bin, I will be contacting the council to ask when they are collecting their useless bins

Then they will wonder why stuff gets fly tipped.

It's even worse in the summer when they decide they want to turn up every few weeks and wonder why one bin is stuffed with something else so it gets emptied.

In the summer, every 2 weeks for food waste in the heat isn't enough.

skyblueinBaku

Then they will wonder why stuff gets fly tipped.

It's even worse in the summer when they decide they want to turn up every few weeks and wonder why one bin is stuffed with something else so it gets emptied.

In the summer, every 2 weeks for food waste in the heat isn't enough.
Down here in North Dorset, the green bin collections are free and the food waste collection is weekly.

Gazolba

There's no accomodation for pedestrians in the US. Pressing the button has no effect until the light changes anyway. If the button has been pressed the little walking man symbol lights up, if it hasn't been pressed, it doesn't light up, but the button has no effect on the timing. Also it's illegal to cross if the symbol is not lit. As for the timing, there is a countdown clock displayed and you have to sprint across if you want to make it before it hits zero and the traffic zooms off.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think countdown clocks are fantastic. They have them on the traffic phases in India, so drivers aren't tempted to jump the lights as they know their turn will come. Doesn't stop the roads being utter chaos though!!

Captain Dart

There's no accomodation for pedestrians in the US. Pressing the button has no effect until the light changes anyway. If the button has been pressed the little walking man symbol lights up, if it hasn't been pressed, it doesn't light up, but the button has no effect on the timing. Also it's illegal to cross if the symbol is not lit. As for the timing, there is a countdown clock displayed and you have to sprint across if you want to make it before it hits zero and the traffic zooms off.
I'm not sure that's everywhere but I came across countdowns in Nashville, you have to get a move on, they're not timed to accommodate the elderly or disabled.

ccfctommy

People in the office who take the last sweet/biscuit and do not put the container in the bin.

People who leave one measly sweet/biscuit in the container just so they do not have to put it in the bin!

Captain Dart

People in the office who take the last sweet/biscuit and do not put the container in the bin.

People who leave one measly sweet/biscuit in the container just so they do not have to put it in the bin!

People in the office that a) don't wash up b) leave the lid off tea or coffee tins. c) leave the kettle empty.

Users who are viewing this thread