The World Cup Thread (10 Viewers)

covcity4life

ok so just to confirm we have established he is not terrible on an off the pitch and thus certain posters have been shown up for being taken in by red top lies

same posters who back tommy robbinson

shocker

#brokenbritain

jimmyhillsfanclub

The gun tattoo is distateful........and makes him look like a right cock.

doing a bit of harmless hippy crack (N2O) when he was younger is no big deal.......especially when you consider what other previous en-ger-lund internationals have got up too.....

His diving needs to stop.

Daring to suggest the red-shite are just a stepping stone club & snubbing their big contract offer to move to man city.......priceless :emoji_thumbsup:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So that one story justifies your view of him being a twat throughout his career?

What about Vardy and snus? Rooney drink driving? Etc

That was one example, if you research it further you will see that wasn't even an isolated incident with him and laughing gas anyway.

Rooney and Vardy are also twats, I didn't say they weren't.

This was about Sterling though, and being called racist for criticising him.

ajsccfc

If it's legal though, it's almost a literal definition of doing nothing wrong. Inadvisable maybe, but young men should be allowed to have a life outside of their job whether people demand sainthood of them or not, and again it's a good few years old now so it doesn't seem like he's got a drug habit or anything like that. Players are probably going to have a few beers on holiday after the World Cup, but they shouldn't be held responsible for the next generation of alcoholics.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
That was one example, if you research it further you will see that wasn't even an isolated incident with him and laughing gas anyway.

Rooney and Vardy are also twats, I didn't say they weren't.

This was about Sterling though, and being called racist for criticising him.

Research as in see what tabloid stories have been run about him?

I don't think you're being racist, I'm genuinely intrigued as to how you formed an opinion on him being a twat all his career.

My personal opinion is that the the Sun are undoubtedly running their stories on Sterling with a racial undertone. Not that they're racist, but to generate controversy, media coverage and more people buying their paper.

Also, FWIW, I've never really bought into the 'role model' theory. I never looked up to or wanted to copy a particular footballer as a kid (nor did my mates) and i don't believe my boy or his mates do either. It's a nice line for the tabloids when someone famous does something wrong.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Research as in see what tabloid stories have been run about him?

I don't think you're being racist, I'm genuinely intrigued as to how you formed an opinion on him being a twat all his career.

My personal opinion is that the the Sun are undoubtedly running their stories on Sterling with a racial undertone. Not that they're racist, but to generate controversy, media coverage and more people buying their paper.

Also, FWIW, I've never really bought into the 'role model' theory. I never looked up to or wanted to copy a particular footballer as a kid (nor did my mates) and i don't believe my boy or his mates do either. It's a nice line for the tabloids when someone famous does something wrong.

There is a video of him doing it, so even if it was in a tabloid, it doesn't make it untrue.

The sun can do what they want, I don't read it. My perception of him isn't based on what others think.

Whinging about a contract, turning up late to the England camp, inhaling gas, diving, and being a gangster wannabe in my opinion is twatish behaviour. I hope he has a good tournament for the sake of England, but that is as far as it goes for me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If it's legal though, it's almost a literal definition of doing nothing wrong. Inadvisable maybe, but young men should be allowed to have a life outside of their job whether people demand sainthood of them or not, and again it's a good few years old now so it doesn't seem like he's got a drug habit or anything like that. Players are probably going to have a few beers on holiday after the World Cup, but they shouldn't be held responsible for the next generation of alcoholics.

Obviously not, and I think people are mistaking me for a Sun journalist or something.

I'm not saying he's murdered anyone, I'm just saying I think he is a bit of a twat.

ajsccfc

Fair enough. Dele Alli's like that for me, no particular reason but there's just something about him gets on my nerves.

ccfchoi87

Most footballers do balloons in fact most teenagers do in general. No big deal has been made at the picture below that was posted last week? As its legal, it's only the same as having a pint surely. Oh and he was late due to a plain delay right? image.png

MusicDating

There is a video of him doing it, so even if it was in a tabloid, it doesn't make it untrue.

The sun can do what they want, I don't read it. My perception of him isn't based on what others think.

Whinging about a contract, turning up late to the England camp, inhaling gas, diving, and being a gangster wannabe in my opinion is twatish behaviour. I hope he has a good tournament for the sake of England, but that is as far as it goes for me.

Fair enough, appreciate the response. My view on those stories are; man wants to be paid better, man turns up to work late but voluntarily apologises, man has fun, man has tattoo (I'll give you the diving!). I'd think everyone in my office was a twat if those things were the barometer!

Purely as a footballer, he has had a brilliant season, is clearly a very good player and could be key for a successful world cup and the media should just focus on that.

ajsccfc

My biggest fear with Sterling is that he's amazing for Man City, but we'll never see that version of him for England. He was snatching at things in the last game as if he's trying too hard to get people back onside again.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Most footballers do balloons in fact most teenagers do in general. No big deal has been made at the picture below that was posted last week? As its legal, it's only the same as having a pint surely. Oh and he was late due to a plain delay right? View attachment 9867

I look at that picture and think they look like twats, same as Sterling.

No double standards here.

Let's just hope he has a good tournament. I am willing to be proved wrong but I think he will disappoint. He was a let down again in that friendly.

MusicDating

My biggest fear with Sterling is that he's amazing for Man City, but we'll never see that version of him for England. He was snatching at things in the last game as if he's trying too hard to get people back onside again.
We saw that with John Barnes.

covcity4life

What a moron you are.
You have been made to look like a twat in this thread and i am glad i started it off

No one sais YOU were racist. i said the media were verging on racism with their obsession eith sterling

Look at vardy. Working class hero despite cocaine snd racism stories.

Sterling. Hmmm lets knock him down even tho he came from more fucked up roots than non league vardy, we dont want hisnsort getting to big for boots etc

Sad but like i said normal people see through it, just the woe is me(same as race card) public fall for it.

MusicDating

From Sterling's press conference yest - “But I’ve had that [tattoo] since August or September. I know there’s been pictures of it before so it’s just a case of why at this moment in time does it then get reported about.”

Indeedy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You have been made to look like a twat in this thread and i am glad i started it off

No one sais YOU were racist. i said the media were verging on racism with their obsession eith sterling

Look at vardy. Working class hero despite cocaine snd racism stories.

Sterling. Hmmm lets knock him down even tho he came from more fucked up roots than non league vardy, we dont want hisnsort getting to big for boots etc

Sad but like i said normal people see through it, just the woe is me(same as race card) public fall for it.

How have I been made to look like a twat? I have explained my reasons for disliking Sterling, among other footballers, and this has largely been accepted.

You are the person that has brought up race, Tommy Robinson, and 'white working class heroes'.

Take a look at yourself before you start throwing stones.

covcity4life

How have I been made to look like a twat? I have explained my reasons for disliking Sterling, among other footballers, and this has largely been accepted.

You are the person that has brought up race, Tommy Robinson, and 'white working class heroes'.

Take a look at yourself before you start throwing stones.
i never mentioned white so dont put it in quotation marks. silly boy and more race card from you. vardy was racist and confirmed it by apologsing,sterling done nothing like that but gets worse treatment.its a fact. not that i want vardy abused either, ffs support england national team people.

people are letting you off hook after rebuffing your points for not liking him

its ok you got taken in by the sun, just educate yourself in future

least you will be swedens problem soon!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

i never mentioned white so dont put it in quotation marks. silly boy and more race card from you. vardy was racist and confirmed it by apologsing,sterling done nothing like that but gets worse treatment.its a fact. not that i want vardy abused either, ffs support england national team people.

people are letting you off hook after rebuffing your points for not liking him

its ok you got taken in by the sun, just educate yourself in future

least you will be swedens problem soon!

Sweden's problem... What are you on about now?

Everyone has been respectful and now the conversation has moved on. 'Letting you off the hook' and 'The Sun' is just complete fabrication.

Yes, I have said I don't like Sterling, but this is a world cup thread and it doesn't need another page.

covcity4life

Sweden's problem... What are you on about now?

Everyone has been respectful and now the conversation has moved on. 'Letting you off the hook' and 'The Sun' is just complete fabrication.

Yes, I have said I don't like Sterling, but this is a world cup thread and it doesn't need another page.
i am happy to move on, i dont like arguing and i like you most of the time, but my original point was treated with contempt and now it appears to be accepted as the truth so i was making a point of it

as for sweden i thought you were planning to move there permanently thats all

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

i am happy to move on, i dont like arguing and i like you most of the time, but my original point was treated with contempt and now it appears to be accepted as the truth so i was making a point of it

as for sweden i thought you were planning to move there permanently thats all

No, fuck that. That was meant to happen 6 years ago but my ex broke up with me and fucked off back there via China.

I'm in the UK for now at least, and happily married to another European. I will be booing Sweden at every opportunity come two weeks time though.

Anyway, enough tangents. Let's move on...

covcity4life

No, fuck that. That was meant to happen 6 years ago but my ex broke up with me and fucked off back there via China.

I'm in the UK for now at least, and happily married to another European. I will be booing Sweden at every opportunity come two weeks time though.

Anyway, enough tangents. Let's move on...
lol italy should have been there!

CJ_covblaze

From Sterling's press conference yest - “But I’ve had that [tattoo] since August or September. I know there’s been pictures of it before so it’s just a case of why at this moment in time does it then get reported about.”

Indeedy.

Hit the nail on the head there. I haven’t been his biggest fan in the past on the pitch. For example IMO he shouldn’t have gone to France. Up top Defoe was better and out wide Townsend was better.

One particular story from back then I’m led to believe he actually found quite amusing and even backed the cause. However on the whole his treatment by certain papers has been absolutely disgraceful. He’s made mistakes yes. Others have done far worse and seemed to be welcomed back into the game. With regards to the tattoo why wasn’t he hounded for it when he got it done? You’ve only got to see Henry Winter’s recent thoughts on the subject to see what good journos actually think about these scumbag titles. Why anyone buys them is beyond me.

CJ_covblaze

Got a spare for the game tonight in Leeds. Decent seat behind the goal. £20 face value. Last minute but does anyone fancy it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Patience young Padawan.

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread