The World Cup Thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

That’s one I agree with him on, I would have taken shelvey. Wiltshire hasn’t played well, couldn’t get in the Bournemouth squad, struggling to play constantly for arsenal but expects to play for England? Doesn’t stack up to me. Shelvey was the most inform English player but clearly they don’t like his approach. The issue with the squad is that it’s quite one dimentional, we are clearly looking for the midfield to hold up play and support the back three to let wing backs bomb on but if that’s going to get found out we have no plan B.
I would say Wilshere was playing well. He appeared 38 times for Arsenal this last season.

Covstu

Even the arsenal fans were saying he was a shadow of himself but I guess we will never know now. Wasn’t happy with welbeck but seems to play okay for England and maybe fits his style of play. Need goals from vardy also, we can’t rely of Kane solely. It’s the centre backs that worry me but don’t think there was much options for him

Otis

Even the arsenal fans were saying he was a shadow of himself but I guess we will never know now. Wasn’t happy with welbeck but seems to play okay for England and maybe fits his style of play. Need goals from vardy also, we can’t rely of Kane solely. It’s the centre backs that worry me but don’t think there was much options for him
I was happy with the inclusion of Welbeck. He's done well for England in the past and I would prefer him to Vardy to partner Kane.

Covstu

I was happy with the inclusion of Welbeck. He's done well for England in the past and I would prefer him to Vardy to partner Kane.
I suppose it depend on whether we intend to play one or two up front or one drop off as support which might suit welbeck. I would have liked to have seen Wilson get a call up but that’s probably with sky blue glasses on!

CJ_covblaze

Got a text today from DHL informing me my tickets will arrive tomorrow.

Same. Was hoping we’d collect them. Don’t fancy walking around with them over there.

Liquid Gold

Pickford
Trippier - Walker - Stones - Cahill - Maguire - Rose
Dier - Henderson
Sterling - Kane - Rashford

Is how I'd play if the tournament started tomorrow. The midfield is obviously that way to keep us tight but full backs coming forward and Sterling and Rashford cutting in could cause problems. You also have to option to bring in Alli and Vardy for those two if you want an attacking midfielder and a partnership up top.

covmark

Pickford
Dier - Henderson

Is how I'd play if the tournament started tomorrow. The midfield is obviously that way to keep us tight but full backs coming forward and Sterling and Rashford cutting in could cause problems. You also have to option to bring in Alli and Vardy for those two if you want an attacking midfielder and a partnership up top.
Don't think they'll allow 12 v 11 mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covmark

Pickford
Dier - Henderson

For the first 2 games I don't think we need two holding midfielders. Therefore I'd swap Dier for Alli.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Cahill - Rose
Dier - Henderson - Ali
Sterling - Kane - Vardy

Yes, I know it is not going to happen. I'm not the manager though...

ccfchoi87

Games 1&2

Pope
Walker Stones Maguire Young
Rashford Alli Henderson Stering
Kane Vardy

Game 3

Pope
Walker Stones Maguire
Tripper Henderson Dier Young
Rashford Kane Sterling

SBAndy

Welbeck's definitely been included for his wide play. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start as part of the front 3.

Malaka

Strange really, I find myself really not caring about the World Cup at the moment. I am still pissed off with that twat Blatter and his crooked cronies giving it to Russia and Qatar over Blighty. Russian fans are scum, no one wants to go there. Looking forward already to next season to see how the mighty Sky Blues cope when they go up a level. Hopefully England will not be shit and lose to Panama etc. Maybe I will be better when it starts.

CJ_covblaze

Strange really, I find myself really not caring about the World Cup at the moment. I am still pissed off with that twat Blatter and his crooked cronies giving it to Russia and Qatar over Blighty. Russian fans are scum, no one wants to go there. Looking forward already to next season to see how the mighty Sky Blues cope when they go up a level. Hopefully England will not be shit and lose to Panama etc. Maybe I will be better when it starts.

It’d be brilliant for the country and for business. Personally I’d rather go to a tournament abroad than one here however the fact that those two countries got them over here and the States is an absolute travesty. Even more so that evidence has since emerged to prove the voting process was corrupt and they still continued on regardless anyway. I don’t care if the stadiums are already built. Both should be stripped.

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

I’ve not really been able to think about the World Cup with City’s Season going on for so long. It will start to feel real when we play Nigeria.

skyblue025

I’ve not really been able to think about the World Cup with City’s Season going on for so long. It will start to feel real when we play Nigeria.

I've felt much the same and I'm going!!! Wasn't really p!naming going but bought a ticket for the Nigeria game last night so will start to get more real after that. I'm still in a high from Monday.

CJ_covblaze

I've felt much the same and I'm going!!! Wasn't really p!naming going but bought a ticket for the Nigeria game last night so will start to get more real after that. I'm still in a high from Monday.

Going up to Leeds too?

Malaka

It’d be brilliant for the country and for business. Personally I’d rather go to a tournament abroad than one here however the fact that those two countries got them over here and the States is an absolute travesty. Even more so that evidence has since emerged to prove the voting process was corrupt and they still continued on regardless anyway. I don’t care if the stadiums are already built. Both should be stripped.

I could'nt say I would be happy with the states getting it either. The last thing I would want is for 'Soccer' to become popular over there. Any decent players would go there for the cash. Besides they had it in the 90's, surely its about time football came home?

SlowerThanPlatt

The Sterling fiasco is ridiculous. Only the English media (more the Sun) 2 weeks before the World Cup starts would try and target one of our best players for a tattoo

Covstu

Still can’t get excited for it just yet, our win still hasn’t worn away. I like the look of the squad and the culture Southgate is trying to instill in the team. Just hope we aren’t too defensive and go out and attack teams. I’ve gone for France to win it but quarters are realistic for england

CJ_covblaze

Still can’t get excited for it just yet, our win still hasn’t worn away. I like the look of the squad and the culture Southgate is trying to instill in the team. Just hope we aren’t too defensive and go out and attack teams. I’ve gone for France to win it but quarters are realistic for england

I’d be very disappointed if we don’t make the quarters. Our draw is pretty favourable. Agree about the French. Should be between them, Brazil and Germany.

M&B Stand

Belgium is a massive yardstick for how we’re doing.
Finish top of our group and confidence would be sky high.

Liquid Gold

We do have a favourable route to the quarters. Come out of our group first or second and we get Colombia or Poland who we can definitely beat on our day. Getting to that level would be an achievement allowing our players 4 more years to gel for a proper go at 2022.I'd expect us to be beaten in the quarters but you never know but at the same time we still haven't won a knockout game since beating Ecuador in '06.

Covstu

Belgium is a massive yardstick for how we’re doing.
Finish top of our group and confidence would be sky high.
Not as sure on this, Belgium have an exceptional team at the moment. I think they should be beating us and anything up to Semi's if not potential winners. I think we have the potential in four years time to have a similar team

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Now the CCFC season has ended I am definitely excited for this.

We will probably be shit, but this year even we got promoted, so who knows!

Nick

Administrator
Is it just me who really isn't interested? Obviously would want England to win but unless the games are on the TV when I switch over I can't see myself going out of my way to watch them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sterling turns up late to the training camp but still starts. I really hate the guy so he better play well.

Thought Southgate has managed the situation really well however.

CJ_covblaze

Decent first half. Could’ve been 3 or 4 up. Second half was a bit pedestrian. Need to be more clinical in front of goal and take our chances.

Users who are viewing this thread