The World Cup Thread (6 Viewers)

Otis

Livermore is not good enough to compete on the big stage against the likes of Belgium, or France, or Germany, or Brazil etc.

M&B Stand

If Livermore goes instead of Wilshere then Southgate needs replacing immediately.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Taking Livermore would be the equivalent of Sven taking John Eustace the year we were relegated.
Bang average plodder for the bottom of the league whipping boys

Sky_Blue_Daz

Fabian Delph deserves a place in he squad he’s had a great season.

Will Southgate try to play Vardy and Kane up front ?

Otis

Not so sure that partnership works. Both players like to go wide to chase and pick up on loose balls and I think there would be too big of a gap between them for them to work as a tandem.

Ian1779

He's left Wilshire out?

What???

Madness I feel and well worth the gamble in taking him. He can be the midfield general we may well need for this tournament.

Maybe he's not quite as talented as Jake Livermore eh!

I agree - the logic makes no sense. Furthermore when you look at Lallana who is likely to make the squad and he's pretty much missed the majority of the season.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not so sure that partnership works. Both players like to go wide to chase and pick up on loose balls and I think there would be too big of a gap between them for them to work as a tandem.
That’s the issue, with Kane and vardy you have a parternship that’s scored 50 premier league goals.
I think he should start the friendlies with both up front and see what happens , I’m not even sure what formation would work best , although I hope they don’t go 442 as that will over run the midfield in my opinion

ajsccfc

I'd happily take Wilshere, but I can see the issue over him as you can't be confident he won't suddenly rule himself out for weeks. I'd take Lallana too if he looks like he can be up to fitness by the time it all kicks off.

Livermore though, not for me. I'd have Delph as he's more versatile.

clint van damme

he's one of those players who can keep possession ticking over without actually getting anywhere. Sometimes that's needed at international level just to calm the game down and take the sting out of things.

Terry Gibson's perm

Imagine being named on stand by so idiot Southgate has enough players to use in training I would say no thanks and clear off on holiday

Sky_Blue_Daz

Unconfirmed reports that John Terry is sat at home in his England kit waiting for a call !!

Corrado

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young

Midfielders

Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Henderson, Fabian Delph, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Forwards

Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Danny Welbeck, Jamie Vardy

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-16_14-15-10.gif
    upload_2018-5-16_14-15-10.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 11

lifeskyblue

Where’s the creativity in midfield. Seems a workmanlike squad. Should do ok without setting the tournament alight. To me with the exception of Wiltshire and Lalana (I would certainly have taken 1 or both) it shows the dearth of talent Southgate has to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Was he below the required quota of Man Utd players so picked young?

Just a boring midfield that will try to keep the ball and three right backsalthough he may play walker inside

Covstu

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young

Midfielders

Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Jordan Henderson, Fabian Delph, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Forwards

Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Danny Welbeck, Jamie Vardy
How the fuck does welbeck keep getting into this team!

fernandopartridge

I'd take Welbeck over Vardy any day of the week.

It shows how abysmal it is for England now that Jamie Vardy, the Lee Hughes of his generation is in the England squad.

Just the 3 right backs and 3 left backs. No wingers (or certainly nobody who has played there this season). What is England's plan?

Terry Gibson's perm

It shows how abysmal it is for England now that Jamie Vardy, the Lee Hughes of his generation is in the England squad.

Just the 3 right backs and 3 left backs. No wingers (or certainly nobody who has played there this season). What is England's plan?

The plan is to plan for a future which will never happen so in the future they will plan for the future again and guess what same again.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Plenty of wings to fly them home after 2 weeks.

M&B Stand

Shelvey is a bit unlucky not to be at least on stand by

Wheelchair didn’t do enough to get back in.

Lallana is the only one who I’d consider could make a difference.

Rashford is in on reputation and potential, certainly not picked in form...

...looking for positives we’ve 3 of the top 5 premier league scorers in there and not a bad group, past that I’m struggling.

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

Shelvey is a bit unlucky not to be at least on stand by

Wheelchair didn’t do enough to get back in.

Lallana is the only one who I’d consider could make a difference.

Rashford is in on reputation and potential, certainly not picked in form...

...looking for positives we’ve 3 of the top 5 premier league scorers in there and not a bad group, past that I’m struggling.
I like Wheelchair, think he's worthy of a place, he is capable of unlocking a defence. I don't rate Alli at all personally, flat track bully.

CJ_covblaze

That's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. Cringetastic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the world of the FA’s IT and marketing departments working together.

Users who are viewing this thread