The Sun - Foreign Takeover? (2 Viewers)

Chipfat

The only way i see anyone stepping in now would be if they had a connection to Wasps,,an investor who with them would run the Ricoh and develope the surrounding area to fund both sporting clubs.. This is very unlikely that someone today has this connection and if Sisu got hold of that they would be making it very hard to buy the club at a visable price... If someone is out there, buying the club first is a risk and one that most will move away from if another option is around.

CovLis86

Cant believe people are saying it would be a bad thing to be taken over even for a few years of fun....i don't remember the last time we had any fun, so what if it was short lived. Better than getting worse and more depressing every passing month.

martcov

Nice thought but our friendly billionaire hasn't got anything to buy has he? Apart from the name "Coventry City Football Club" and the golden share. No real estate. No stadium thanks to Wasps and CCC.

The golden share and players registrations together with name would do nicely. SISU take what they are offered and write the remaining debt off against tax. Then it's off to Wasps to see what they would take to become a joint venture or for half of the ACL. Would be good in the unlikely event it happened.

LB87ccfc

The crowds mainly. Any sniff of success and you'd get big crowds coming back.

If we ever made the prem again, you would have fights at the ticket office at this club for tickets, that is the potential we have as I said, were a sleeping giant just needing a proper backer.

stupot07

If we ever made the prem again, you would have fights at the ticket office at this club for tickets, that is the potential we have as I said, were a sleeping giant just needing a proper backer.

We are really not a giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LB87ccfc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Certainly not at the moment, but with the right backing and a hint of success their would be absolutely no reason why we would not get 30,000 week in week out if we was challenging say at the top end of the championship, you have got to be crazy to think otherwise.

It has been too long if ever since we had a small hint of a promotion charge, and if we had the backing to bring in relatively good talent then crowds would be flooding back.

Noggin

we are certainly not a giant but very large increases in attendance, sponsorship income, merchandising income, hospitality numbers and income, public image and fan morale would be easy to accomplish.

italiahorse

Didn't they offer more than Wasps paid? Didn't we pay more in rent than Wasps paid?

We only know that they offered 'about' £2.8M from TF mouth.
Obviously depending on who you blame it's either £2.77M or £2.8M because it makes a difference :facepalm:

Kingokings204

Wasn't it the sun who reported is correctly moving back to the Ricoh before anyone else?

stupot07

Certainly not at the moment, but with the right backing and a hint of success their would be absolutely no reason why we would not get 30,000 week in week out if we was challenging say at the top end of the championship, you have got to be crazy to think otherwise.

It has been too long if ever since we had a small hint of a promotion charge, and if we had the backing to bring in relatively good talent then crowds would be flooding back.

But that doesn't not make us a giant - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, etc are Giants.

Brighton get 27-28k most weeks, you wouldn't class them as Giants, I wouldn't really class Derby as Giants and they're getting similar crowds and have far more history than us.

Moff

I think Fisher, as normal, is all bluster and bravado and speaking above his level.

The club is for sale, and always will be for the right price. Fihsre the dumbass wont have a say in it and will just do as instructed. Everyone talks about us being near the bottom of the cycle, well its SISU who are, with apart from a couple of spurious court cases which on past evidence will get the boot quickly, are left with nothing really to claw back their cash apart from selling whats left. I hope its bloody soon!

stupot07

we are certainly not a giant but very large increases in attendance, sponsorship income, merchandising income, hospitality numbers and income, public image and fan morale would be easy to accomplish.

I don't disagree. Although now we're competing with wasps for fans, which may come back to sting us. Most locals can't afford to go and regularly watch ccfc and wasps.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I don't disagree. Although now we're competing with wasps for fans, which may come back to bite us. Most locals can't afford to go and regularly watch ccfc and wasps.

You really should of said "sting us"

Noggin

I don't disagree. Although now we're competing with wasps for fans, which may come back to bite us. Most locals can't afford to go and regularly watch ccfc and wasps.

True, I've seen quite a few people talking about going to Wasps on my facebook page though they friends that are Blaze fans rather than City fans, but I'm sure it will eat into the amount of people we have to attract, especially while we are in such a sorry state.

stupot07

True, I've seen quite a few people talking about going to Wasps on my facebook page though they friends that are Blaze fans rather than City fans, but I'm sure it will eat into the amount of people we have to attract, especially while we are in such a sorry state.

Yep, there's a fair few city fans on my Twitter feed that now go to wasps.

Sky Blue Kid

Why do I have a gut feeling that SISU/Otium don't want to sell because CCFC are actually being used as a "Dumping ground"

LB87ccfc

But that doesn't not make us a giant - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, etc are Giants.

Brighton get 27-28k most weeks, you wouldn't class them as Giants, I wouldn't really class Derby as Giants and they're getting similar crowds and have far more history than us.

I used the phrase giant due to the "potential" we have or has years of shit ownership washed your brain from this possibility?

Funny you use Derby as an example, a club who was going nowhere until they got what was required - investment and proper backing, they are a perfect example, now they play infront of 28k + week in week out, why? because the entertainment is their, how is the entertainment their - by investment.

torchomatic

They own their own ground though, don't they? Makes a big difference.

Funny you use Derby as an example, a club who was going nowhere until they got what was required - investment and proper backing, they are a perfect example, now they play infront of 28k + week in week out, why? because the entertainment is their, how is the entertainment their - by investment.

stupot07

I used the phrase giant due to the "potential" we have or has years of shit ownership washed your brain from this possibility?

We have 'potential' but that doesn't make us a 'giant'.

We are at best an upper championship/lower PL club, we're not a 'giant'. Sorry, I just don't like the term, bit like 'legend.

Funny also you mention Derby's investment they have hardly spent anything in the last 2 seasons, have done it against a back drop of slashing the wage bill, and we're still getting 23-26k finished mid table in the championship.

LB87ccfc

They own their own ground though, don't they? Makes a big difference.

Makes a difference from a investment perspective, but we would not cost as much as Derby did to purchase would we? we then would have a greater chance of obtaining a % of the Ricoh if desired OR actually building a stadium if one of these backers was serious however we are getting too ahead of ourselves, it was most likely analyse information being published in the Sun newspaper.

In terms of Derby attracting the crowds they do, owning their own stadium makes no difference whatsoever, they have the product on the pitch which attracts the paying customer, football being an entertainment business at the end of the day, and are reaping the rewards challenging at the top end of the championship.

LB87ccfc

We have 'potential' but that doesn't make us a 'giant'.

We are at best an upper championship/lower PL club, we're not a 'giant'. Sorry, I just don't like the term, bit like 'legend.

Funny also you mention Derby's investment they have hardly spent anything in the last 2 seasons, have done it against a back drop of slashing the wage bill, and we're still getting 23-26k finished mid table in the championship.

Spent nothing are you serious? they have paid good money and high wages for a number of seasons now in order to obtain a opportunity at the crack of getting to the promised land so they like to call it.

Suppose Darren Bent's wages are being 100% covered by Villa are they for example.

Suppose Chris Martins 12k a week is nothing.

They also were fighting at the right end of the championship last season and outselling Leicester who was the top of the league.

Users who are viewing this thread