The Shipley Bid (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And just a question but what exactly has Jodi Jones ever done in the Championship ?
I don’t think Robins isn’t playing him to annoy the armchair managers on here
What has Shipley done? Yet has started the last few games despite being consistently poor. Jones had been on the bench head of him up to that point in the season then suddenly leapfrogs him (possibly due to Covid) and has now stayed ahead of him despite poor performances.

You'd think he'd at least try Jones there instead. Why keep him on for an extra two/three years just to never give him an opportunity when he is finally available?

The Philosopher

Bid for Shipley?

Someone bid for him and MR called back to base.

“Someone’s bid well for Ships, get it sorted, I’m on holiday in my onesie”

Must have been a bad line,

Imagine when MR got back and saw we’d got Bidwell, who’s shit, from Swansea.

Grendel

Bid for Shipley?

Someone bid for him and MR called back to base.

“Someone’s bid well for Ships, get it sorted, I’m on holiday in my onesie”

Must have been a bad line,

Imagine when MR got back and saw we’d got Bidwell, who’s shit, from Swansea.

there were bids you clown and we didn’t think it was enough

rexo87

Like it or not we have him for the season. Seems odd to single him out for his own thread again tonight. Not great, but not alone in that tonight and not the worst either. In fact went off at 0-0 and his replacement woeful. Certainly some even poorer ones out there unfortunately.
You defend him at every opportunity its embarrasing. Are you his Dad?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Shipley is being unfairly singled out tonight
He was no worse than many others
We were set up to work hard and keep possession but apart from o"Hare there was no one who can spark anything out of the ordinary
And the last two subs were laughable really
I dont think anyone is singling and criticizing Shipley himself - its more criticizing Robins for the bonkers decisions to keep playing him in midfield where he's never been good enough at championship level. That's not his fault. He had a great game at LWB and then all of a sudden Robins thinks he's going to do a job in midfield? Its fucking bonkers.

Robins makes some very very bizarre tactical decisions. Moaning about tired players when he doesn't use all the subs ever.

Fucking joke

clint van damme

Jones came on against hudds and got us a point with his assist. Since then he's stepped on the pitch. Unless something has happened behind the scenes, it's baffling.

Robins clearly doesn't fancy him for whatever reason.
He'll be gone in the summer. Strange because his cameos have been decent and we're not exactly blessed with gamechangers

better days

Robins clearly doesn't fancy him for whatever reason.
He'll be gone in the summer. Strange because his cameos have been decent and we're not exactly blessed with gamechangers
Even more strange when only a few weeks ago Robins was singing his praises and saying he was a player who could make a difference in the coming games
Plainly bullshit based on the evidence since when mad substitutions have been made with Jones itching to get on

Gint11

I’m baffled now at why we’re not using Jones. Can’t see him getting a new contract at this rate.

Adge

You defend him at every opportunity its embarrasing. Are you his Dad?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
No, but goes to a few meetings where Shipley turns up (I go myself) and shakes a few hands-have a bit of banter with his dad and all is well in the world.

skyblue1991

We can't sell Shipley. Dont you know he's city through and through?

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZZZZZZZ, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZZZZZZZ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

larry_david

We can't sell Shipley. Dont you know he's city through and through?

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZZZZZZZ, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZZZZZZZ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Cannot stand this song. It is pure cringe. And not just us, anyone nicking it. Its clearly associated with Liverpool

rob9872

No, but goes to a few meetings where Shipley turns up (I go myself) and shakes a few hands-have a bit of banter with his dad and all is well in the world.
Not had a meeting since we'll before the pandemic and his family no longer go to games. We played 5aside with Rose's dad a fortnight ago so if I defend him now is that the same? Fact is you mention this every time, I consistently back all our players. Robins picks the side not the players. I've not jumped in on loads of posts about him lately but a singled out thread after a poor team performance are we only allowed to respond if we agree with the criticism? All I said is he wasn't alone and wasn't the worst. Both of those are true.

Harries11

I think it would be unfair to single anyone out after that game, Shipley misplaced a few obvious passes in the first half so i can see why people are frustrated, but he cant take sole blame. I think after a game like that its easier to list the players who can hold their head high with their game. At this level shipley is not the answer for the attack, but last night we were so toothless. For all the possession we had we did not look dangerous at all. Frustrating evening all in all.

CovBrummie94

I think it would be unfair to single anyone out after that game, Shipley misplaced a few obvious passes in the first half so i can see why people are frustrated, but he cant take sole blame. I think after a game like that its easier to list the players who can hold their head high with their game. At this level shipley is not the answer for the attack, but last night we were so toothless. For all the possession we had we did not look dangerous at all. Frustrating evening all in all.
I think the frustration with Shipley is from his recent run of games and last night was just the icing on the cake. Yes he had 2 decent games at LWB but he is hopeless in AM and offers absolutely nothing. He doesn't press, his passing is poor, his touch is off and he just seems a yard or 2 behind the pace of the game. Some questions have to be asked of Robins about why Shipley is now back in favour as it is just baffling. Of course we have injury issues but if Shipley is the answer then I have no idea what the question is.

cc84cov

I think the frustration with Shipley is from his recent run of games and last night was just the icing on the cake. Yes he had 2 decent games at LWB but he is hopeless in AM and offers absolutely nothing. He doesn't press, his passing is poor, his touch is off and he just seems a yard or 2 behind the pace of the game. Some questions have to be asked of Robins about why Shipley is now back in favour as it is just baffling. Of course we have injury issues but if Shipley is the answer then I have no idea what the question is.
If Shipley is here next year we are in trouble as it will indicate we have next to nothing budget,out of contract in the summer but we didn’t take a fee offered in January 🤷🏻‍♂️

Harries11

I agree, he came in against P'boro and did well, but was never a long term solution even at left back - so how he has got himself in the AM role i do not understand. He is not the answer and yesterday couldnt get the basics right like you say. We havent got the greatest depth, but if thats what we are reliant on then we are just going to get more and more frustrated.

Liquid Gold

He may not have been the only one that wasn't up to it last night but he was the only one that is consistent with his lack of contribution.

That we turned down £100k+ for him is baffling.

Macca1987

I agree there were many under par performances last night
Apart form O'Hare, no-one up top seemed to be able to take a ball to feet, it seemed to bounce feet away and allow the opposition to take it away from us
Also why are we so slow to react to second balls or when there are men over, exact reason for the first goal, Kane was on his own with two men from the throw in, it took Sheaf to long to react and come out of the area, was always going to lose out
And I know we were chasing the game after that goal, but between them Clarke-Salter and Bidwell need to decide who is going to defend and cover the other when we go on the attack, both were in no mans land for the second goal and it was left to McFadz to try and cover, but his lack of pace against their guy was always going to be a problem

cc84cov

He may not have been the only one that wasn't up to it last night but he was the only one that is consistent with his lack of contribution.

That we turned down £100k+ for him is baffling.
It’s a joke tbh mate turning that money down

Users who are viewing this thread