The Shipley Bid (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Why didn’t robins accept it ? Played well got himself past the window now it’s back to Passenger 57

larry_david

What is absolutely absurd is that Shipley did not feature for a SINGLE championship minute until we were forced to play him at lwb. He did so well that day. But so did the team. Since then MR has blindly gone back to playing him in midfield every game. So he's gone from not a single minute to starting something like 6 outa 7.

Why is that!? The fact he was off to fucking 14th in league 1 Bolton tells you all you need to know.

I loved Shipley in league 1 but try as he might ( and that's not very hard btw) he is not good enough for the championship and MR knew this as he effectively bombed him out.

Tonight was not on Jordan Shipley starting. But I'm seriously worried about MR playing him.

rob9872

Like it or not we have him for the season. Seems odd to single him out for his own thread again tonight. Not great, but not alone in that tonight and not the worst either. In fact went off at 0-0 and his replacement woeful. Certainly some even poorer ones out there unfortunately.

shmmeee

Like it or not we have him for the season. Seems odd to single him out for his own thread again tonight. Not great, but not alone in that tonight and not the worst either. In fact went off at 0-0 and his replacement woeful. Certainly some even poorer ones out there unfortunately.

I know he’s your mate or whatever but he’s been Fucking awful at AM every game since we came up.

cc84cov

He should of gone in jan the fact Jodi is fit abs behind him is just comical

Sky Blue Harry H

This. That missed header from O'Hare's cross cost us a point in my opinion (although the keeper did well) Thought it was 100% going in. Do think I'd sooner see Tavares than Waghorn, if Waghorn is not fit yet.

1ccfc

Why didn’t robins accept it ? Played well got himself past the window now it’s back to Passenger 57
It wouldn't have been loads of money that MR would then be able to go out and spend. You've just started another thread questioning 8 out and only 1 in during the January window. Had Shipley gone it would have been 9 out and probably still only 1 in.

cc84cov

Jones came on against hudds and got us a point with his assist. Since then he's stepped on the pitch. Unless something has happened behind the scenes, it's baffling.
Once we are “safe” etc I wanna see him with a sustained run even try Tavares

Martin180

And just a question but what exactly has Jodi Jones ever done in the Championship ?
I don’t think Robins isn’t playing him to annoy the armchair managers on here

rob9872

He should of gone in jan the fact Jodi is fit abs behind him is just comical
He wanted to. He wasn't able to.

You may be right about JJ, all about opinions but what has he done in 10 appearances so far albeit from the bench? I can recall one decent cross at Hudds away for Godden. Truth is he's still judged on his L2 form before 3 ACLs.

Martin180

For me the most frustrating thing about the last few games has been the opportunity to see if Tavares is up too this level but Robins has put a clearly unfit Waghorn on ahead of him

Grendel

The manager is playing Shipley and Boddy turned down a six figure fee for him when he was going to go - he’s hardly going to be happy as he’s out if contract and wasn’t allowed to leave

SBT

Not as if we were going to play anyone else in midfield today. With the injuries and squad depth we have, I can see the argument for keeping him around for another a few months. He's clearly not a Championship-quality player, but I don't see the point in getting angry at him for that.

cc84cov

Shipley is being unfairly singled out tonight
He was no worse than many others
We were set up to work hard and keep possession but apart from o"Hare there was no one who can spark anything out of the ordinary
And the last two subs were laughable really
We set up to go there keep tight pinch it late I get it...but why isn’t Jones getting a chance

cc84cov

The manager is playing Shipley and Boddy turned down a six figure fee for him when he was going to go - he’s hardly going to be happy as he’s out if contract and wasn’t allowed to leave
Boddy is morphing into fisher

Blind-Faith

Have to agree on it being unfair on singling out Shipley tonight.

He wasn’t the reason we lost the game. I’m no fan by any means but the singling him out tonight is harsh. I’d rather him start at LWB over Bidwell atm. Play Maatsen with ohare.

larry_david

Surely to God it wasn't 6 figures for Shipley...was it? If it was and we've said to lose him on a free that is shambolic

Users who are viewing this thread