The Run In (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

Accrington got a terrible run in.

I think they’ll defo drop out of autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting point that no one's really touched on. They've been hugely unlucky with their run in and it'll certainly test their resolve. The only truly winnable games for them are Yeovil and Newport as both have little to play for. If Mansfield don't rectify their slump I can also see Accy getting one over on them as well but they're still a solid side regardless. The rest will be tough games. But Accy are firing on all cylinders at the moment so it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

My optimistic side wants to agree with you though, I think they'll drop points.

Otis

Interesting point that no one's really touched on. They've been hugely unlucky with their run in and it'll certainly test their resolve. The only truly winnable games for them are Yeovil and Newport as both have little to play for. If Mansfield don't rectify their slump I can also see Accy getting one over on them as well but they're still a solid side regardless. The rest will be tough games. But Accy are firing on all cylinders at the moment so it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Yeovil could be the puppet masters in all this.

They play all of the top teams, so how they get on could .prove to be the deciding factor as to who finishes where.

SkyBlueCRJ

Yeovil could be the puppet masters in all this.

They play all of the top teams, so how they get on could .prove to be the deciding factor as to who finishes where.

Interesting points are flying all over the place today. I've noticed it's everyone apart from Exeter which is worrying because you'd think that Yeovil could potentially get a result out of at least one of the six and Exeter are obviously exempt....who will it be though.

Otis

Interesting points are flying all over the place today. I've noticed it's everyone apart from Exeter which is worrying because you'd think that Yeovil could potentially get a result out of at least one of the six and Exeter are obviously exempt....who will it be though.
Yep, they play us, Swindon, Luton, Accrington, Lincoln, Mansfield, Notts County and Wycombe.

standupforcity

But I don't think we would want to meet Accrington in the play-offs it if happens that way...

Gosb

Just got to keep this run of good form going. Extrapolating the results of the top 9 over their last 5 games has us gaining automatic promotion in second place to Accrington and 3 points clear of Luton. Mansfield and Swindon miss out.

SkyBlueMatt

Thats a good graphic.

For my own sanity, I'm now taking it at a game at a time. Not long ago I didn't think we were going to get play offs. I've now been trying to work out what happens when "We beat them and they lose against them".

If I have to make a prediction, I'd go for W4 D2 L2 in the last games of the season.

Yep, they play us, Swindon, Luton, Accrington, Lincoln, Mansfield, Notts County and Wycombe.

That is tough! Theres no way they'll lose every one of those games, we just need to make sure we get in early and 3 points.

Otis

Here's the latest form table, both home and away.

Notts County still have a mighty impressive home record. Wycombe have the best away record. Screenshot_2018-03-27-11-57-43.png

ccfcricoh

Can see why people want to avoid Stanley in play offs but if they blow autos from here and end up in playoffs their confidence will be shot you'd imagine.

I'm also going with 6 wins for autos and 3 for playoffs.There's plenty of points still to be dropped all over looking at the run ins.

skyblue025

Realistically we are play-off bound. It's not just 1 team we are chasing down its 3. Can't see all 3 cocking it up with only 8 games left. One of them maybe but not all 3.

skyblue025

the gap is so close its anyones really

6 wins for autos

4 for playoffs
The gap is close but we are at the bottom of the mini group and means we have to overtake 3 other teams. We also have a worse goal difference than 2 of them. I f we win 6 and draw 1 we might squeak it but that's counting on 3 other teams losing form and us gaining form. Hope we can do it but think we will finish 4 or 5th.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We've got the 2nd best form in the league behind Accy stanley over last 6 games...........so we're defo in with a good shout of catching some of the teams above us.......especially as their form is dipping.....

.....that said, we had top form last time we were in with a chance of bouncing straight back up.......then "we went all coventry city" & took 1 point from the last 7 games.

Therefore, i'm doing what I always do with regards the city.......hoping for the best, expecting the worst.....

Last edited:

steve cooper

Yeovil won't be too worried at the moment, they are 8 points clear of the bottom 2 with 2 games in hand over several below them. If they lose 3 or 4 on the trot they may start to worry but we will have played them by then.

Nick

Administrator
At the minute it doesn't seem as if anybody is catching Accrington, saying that though can they keep up that run until the end of the season or will it start to fade?

We do have an easier run on paper, but that's what worries me. If we go out and attack teams and try to win every game (none of this playing for a draw nonsense) then I think we can get at least 4 more wins this season.

I don't think I could handle a play off final or a final game where we need to win by so many goals to get an auto place, I am bad enough when we are 2-0 up on 80 minutes.

Mucca Mad Boys

They’re my second team for the rest of the season. I want them to blow away the teams around us. Playing Wycombe, Notts County and Exeter and Mansfield (and Lincoln and Swindon) - all Stanley wins please!

Up the Stanley! — or whatever their PUSB equivalents is!

covcity4life

The gap is close but we are at the bottom of the mini group and means we have to overtake 3 other teams. We also have a worse goal difference than 2 of them. I f we win 6 and draw 1 we might squeak it but that's counting on 3 other teams losing form and us gaining form. Hope we can do it but think we will finish 4 or 5th.

dont mean much imo. 1 game week can change everything. exeter,mansfield,luton have all looked good and tehn fallen away. no point worrying about others. win ours and a good chance others will not.

Otis

dont mean much imo. 1 game week can change everything. exeter,mansfield,luton have all looked good and tehn fallen away. no point worrying about others. win ours and a good chance others will not.
Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

If we keep winning and our rivals keep winning, then hats off to them, but the likelihood is that if we keep winning game in, game out others will not be able to match that and keep parity, because a lot of them play each other anyway.

And besides, if it comes to the last game of the season, who has the most winnable game on paper out of these 3 fixtures.

City v Morecambe

Notts County v Luton

Swindon v Accrington

Otis

Paints the away win at Crewe in a better light
Interesting to note that Notts County's form doesn't look that bad on there (9th place), but both Mansfield and Swindon definitely struggling down the wrong end of the form table.

Users who are viewing this thread