The Run In (1 Viewer)

Wiseoldfool

But we have 8 games left. 6 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

That gives us 83 points.

I can see Wycombe drawing a few. Notts County, Lincoln, Chesterfield, to name but 3.
Or 5 wins and 3 draws maybe more realistic

matesx

what are the bookies saying?

they are rarely wrong

i cant get on gambling sites at work

Londonccfcfan

Three variables needed for us to hit the auto's:

1) We win 6 out of the 8 remaining games.
2) We beat Notts County.
3) Wycombe fuck up and lose/draw 3 or 4 of their remaining games.

Say your prayers lads.

The fact we are even looking at Autos realistically is because of a fantastic unbeaten run of 6 games( it should and will continue), before which even play offs looked dodgy!

Otis

Three variables needed for us to hit the auto's:

1) We win 6 out of the 8 remaining games.
2) We beat Notts County.
3) Wycombe fuck up and lose/draw 3 or 4 of their remaining games.

Say your prayers lads.
Wycombe.

Most likely fixtures where Wycombe may slip up.

Accrington
Lincoln
Notts County
Chesterfield

The last one because Chesterfield now have players back from injury and had a great result at the weekend. They now have a good chance of beating the drop, especially with Grimsby and Port Vale failing badly.

If Wycombe drop points in those 4 (or any 4) it greatly boosts our chances.

steve cooper

It is hard to see that both Luton and Accrington won't both achieve automatic promotion, and they are both guaranteed at the very worst a play off spot. I think people are overlooking the threat from both Lincoln and Swindon, especially Swindon who have a very favourable run in,the only top team they face is Accrington on the final day who may already be up by then. If Lincoln can beat Exeter on Friday they will be right back in the mix.
To me there are 7 teams chasing 5 spots, and at this moment it is hard to see which 2 teams will miss out.
But surely we are not too bothered who make up the top 7 places as long as we are one of them. Lincoln are currently 3 points adrift of us and Swindon 4 points. That is a lot to make up in 8 games as long as we stay on form and get the results we expect.

steve cooper

It is hard to see that both Luton and Accrington won't both achieve automatic promotion, and they are both guaranteed at the very worst a play off spot. I think people are overlooking the threat from both Lincoln and Swindon, especially Swindon who have a very favourable run in,the only top team they face is Accrington on the final day who may already be up by then. If Lincoln can beat Exeter on Friday they will be right back in the mix.
To me there are 7 teams chasing 5 spots, and at this moment it is hard to see which 2 teams will miss out.
Actually Swindon have a very similar run in to us, but Lincoln play Exeter, Wycombe, Accrington, and us

CCFC88

A bit uneducated actually. This is from William Hill, but I have looked on odds checker and it looks a bit lazy research from the bookies.

View attachment 9337
This is for promotion, so including winning the playoffs, odds with Skybet for automatic

Luton 1/50
Accrington 1/16
Wycombe 8/15
Cov 9/2
Exeter 5/1
NC 11/2

A City, Exeter and NC win on Friday would probably see all four of us (discounting the top 2) at pretty level odds.

italiahorse

This is for promotion, so including winning the playoffs, odds with Skybet for automatic

Luton 1/50
Accrington 1/16
Wycombe 8/15
Cov 9/2
Exeter 5/1
NC 11/2
Lincoln ?

A City, Exeter and NC win on Friday would probably see all four of us (discounting the top 2) at pretty level odds.
We could do with a seventh place adding to see who we will play in playoffs

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah, I mentioned the Yeovil thing a week or two ago.

Who did they pee off to get that kind of a run in?

Nobody likes their scrumpy swigging fans (well one rowdy fan annoyed me on a train once)- they're a terrible side - sorry that should be 'cider'

The Reverend Skyblue

Accringtons run in looks very difficult, though they probably done enough to slip up a few times.
Can't see Mansfield getting close to playoffs
Phil Brown will get Swindon in the playoffs.
I'm confident we will get 3rd and autos
Notts County will fail because of Nolans panicking
Wycombe Exeter Lincoln and a late surge by Carlisle for me in plaoffs

skybluesam66

Accringtons run in looks very difficult, though they probably done enough to slip up a few times.
Can't see Mansfield getting close to playoffs
Phil Brown will get Swindon in the playoffs.
I'm confident we will get 3rd and autos
Notts County will fail because of Nolans panicking
Wycombe Exeter Lincoln and a late surge by Carlisle for me in plaoffs

Make your mind up!

no_loyalty

Yeovil play 8 of the top 9 in their run in! Accrington too play most of our rvials.

Glad we got Accrington out of the way early, it could really work in our favour now

tigersb

To me for most teams next 3 games are crucial and will give a better picture and outcome for where we are we just need keep winning.
Most important part of that is
We just need to keep winning

Londonccfcfan

Wouldn’t it be funny if Mansfield slip out play offs and Swindon Take their place.

Flitcroft has put himself under pressure lol.

Gibbo

1. Bookies rightly have Exeter as more likely than us, they have two nasty away games but could easily win the rest.
2. Despite all the talk, including from me, that the closeness of the struggle would mean a lower points total being required for the autos, it does look as though 82 points is the target. Sides have fallen away and no longer have much to play for.
3. Grendel is right (thro' gritted teeth). It is all about Wycombe. They are occupation of third spot and are at least one win better off than City and have a reasonable run in
4. Conversely Notts County are only 2 points ahead, played a game more and are in poor form. And they have the hardest run in, so even if they beat Wycombe they are still likely to stumble. So Notts County to beat Wycombe ideally, a draw is not enough

For City, 5 wins and 3 draws, can't see us losing even to Notts County, assuming no injuries and the current team positions, like Bayliss in the right place, are retained. I might yet see my dream of Burge to Haynes to Vincenti to Biamou and goal....happen

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we have the ‘easiest’ run-in. However, Exeter and Wycombe have similar run-ins. Exeter, if they turn things around, could well finish 3rd, but 3rd place is Wycombe’s to lose. Hopefully Exeter drop silly points like they did a few games ago.

I think 3rd to 5th will be occupied by Wycombe, ourselves and Exeter - we’ll secure a home tie in the playoffs (hopefully) at a minimum. My head says Wycombe will do enough for 3rd. But, 3rd is doable and is definitely within reach. We’re two results off 3rd with 8 games left. 5 of the next 8 are winnable games, a win at Newport and Notts County will be massive - and home advantage should be enough v Lincoln.

Keep the faith!

SkyblueBazza

I think we have the ‘easiest’ run-in. However, Exeter and Wycombe have similar run-ins. Exeter, if they turn things around, could well finish 3rd, but 3rd place is Wycombe’s to lose. Hopefully Exeter drop silly points like they did a few games ago.

I think 3rd to 5th will be occupied by Wycombe, ourselves and Exeter - we’ll secure a home tie in the playoffs (hopefully) at a minimum. My head says Wycombe will do enough for 3rd. But, 3rd is doable and is definitely within reach. We’re two results off 3rd with 8 games left. 5 of the next 8 are winnable games, a win at Newport and Notts County will be massive - and home advantage should be enough v Lincoln.

Keep the faith!
Sorry to say this - but our record of winning the easy ones makes me a bit worried

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Sorry to say this - but our record of winning the easy ones makes me a bit worried

Well, we’ve just won 3 of those kinds of games in a row... Barnet, Grimsby and Crewe. I’m convinced that the way we’re playing, and the personnel we have, things are different at the minute.

Plus, this is the business end of the season, we do or die. Hopefully we get another 3 or 4-0 here and there before the season ends. To go Kevin’s Keegan for a minute, stuffing Yeovil or Notts County will be particularly satisfying.

Otis

1. Bookies rightly have Exeter as more likely than us, they have two nasty away games but could easily win the rest.
2. Despite all the talk, including from me, that the closeness of the struggle would mean a lower points total being required for the autos, it does look as though 82 points is the target. Sides have fallen away and no longer have much to play for.
3. Grendel is right (thro' gritted teeth). It is all about Wycombe. They are occupation of third spot and are at least one win better off than City and have a reasonable run in
4. Conversely Notts County are only 2 points ahead, played a game more and are in poor form. And they have the hardest run in, so even if they beat Wycombe they are still likely to stumble. So Notts County to beat Wycombe ideally, a draw is not enough
Puzzled by this. So Notts County are good enough to beat the side with the best away record in the whole division, but then after that they will go back into stumble mode and immediately start dropping points again?

I am sticking with the draw as the best result, combined with our winning. We then gain 2 points on both teams and that will mean that the last 2 games each for them they have failed to win (2 points out of 2 for Wycombe, 1 point out of 2 for County)

Gibbo

Puzzled by this. So Notts County are good enough to beat the side with the best away record in the whole division, but then after that they will go back into stumble mode and immediately start dropping points again?

I am sticking with the draw as the best result, combined with our winning. We then gain 2 points on both teams and that will mean that the last 2 games each for them they have failed to win (2 points out of 2 for Wycombe, 1 point out of 2 for County)
Are you saying results always follow form?
1. The question was what result do we prefer? - Notts County to win, because it erodes Wycombe's lead over City
2. Does that mean that we are just replacing Wycombe with a new threat in the form of Notts County? - No, Notts County are likely to stumble given their fixture list, wonky form and we have a game in hand.
3. The biggest challenge, by a long way is Wycombe, so anything that erodes that good. And we want the full thee points lost. Notts County are one side that might beat Wycombe

If you want to know what I think will happen? Wycombe 3rd, Exeter 4th City 5th. Essentially we have to win 6 and draw 2. which we could do with those fixtures but it would be extraordinary
Incidentally it is fun to be talking about winning stuff, even if it is poxy League 2

SkyblueBazza

Well, we’ve just won 3 of those kinds of games in a row... Barnet, Grimsby and Crewe. I’m convinced that the way we’re playing, and the personnel we have, things are different at the minute.

Plus, this is the business end of the season, we do or die. Hopefully we get another 3 or 4-0 here and there before the season ends. To go Kevin’s Keegan for a minute, stuffing Yeovil or Notts County will be particularly satisfying.
Well I am certainly full of hope atm. But we cannot afford any slip-up at all!

Otis

Are you saying results always follow form?
1. The question was what result do we prefer? - Notts County to win, because it erodes Wycombe's lead over City
2. Does that mean that we are just replacing Wycombe with a new threat in the form of Notts County? - No, Notts County are likely to stumble given their fixture list, wonky form and we have a game in hand.
3. The biggest challenge, by a long way is Wycombe, so anything that erodes that good. And we want the full thee points lost. Notts County are one side that might beat Wycombe

If you want to know what I think will happen? Wycombe 3rd, Exeter 4th City 5th. Essentially we have to win 6 and draw 2. which we could do with those fixtures but it would be extraordinary
Incidentally it is fun to be talking about winning stuff, even if it is poxy League 2
That's exactly what I have. Wycombe 3rd, Exeter
4th, City 5th.

I just see the potential there for Wycombe to drop points over the 8 games and I want ALL our rivals to fail, so with every draw where these rivals play each other they both drop 2 points (exceptions being Accrington and Luton).

We make up 2 points every time on our rivals we are going to be able to overtake them all.

I just think that any upturn in form from Notts County could give them that renewed vigour, and beating the best away team in the league might just give them that lift and boost they need.

If they draw on Friday and we win we would almost certainly overtake them with a win on Monday when we play Yeovil and they play Accrington.

I think it is advantageous to go into that Notts County game ahead of them in the table and it will suit us and the way we play.

If we're still behind them in the table after these Easter games we may feel we have to win the matchup.

Going into a game and only needing a draw to stay above your opponent is a nice place to be, and as Robins said himself, we just need to worry about what we do, so there would be no looking towards what Wycombe Wanderers are doing at the same time. There is the potential for Wycombe drop enough points over 8 games.

We also have to remember that Wycombe still have Accrington and Lincoln to play, on top of the Notts County game.

We don't want any of these rival teams with any momentum to my mind and should want all our rivals to drop points wherever possible.

Both Wycombe and Notts County dropping 2 points on Friday can only be a good thing. That's the way I see it. :)

If Notts County win it is very possible that we will still be behind them in the table by the time we meet each other.

Last edited:

Otis

Accrington got a terrible run in.

I think they’ll defo drop out of autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Really?

Interesting. They have looked so strong and so organised, it's hard to see how they might slip up.

They made us look very ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread