The Replacement (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Eliesse ben seghir from Monaco
Very exciting prospect but very young & more of a wide player, not a Hamer replacement.

Carel Eiting as someone earlier suggested would be a very interesting addition. I'm sure it's just coincidence but ironically he's just pulled out of Volendam's match tonight with illness.

Mr Panda

We’re not necessarily going to go for him in particular but we need someone like Matt Grimes at Swansea.

He’s nowhere near as good as Hamer in most respects but if we had him as a replacement for example, he’d knit everything together which is what I think we’ll miss most with Hamer.

SBAndy

Carel Eiting as someone earlier suggested would be a very interesting addition. I'm sure it's just coincidence but ironically he's just pulled out of Volendam's match tonight with illness.

Any idea of his defensive output/style?

Covkid1968#

Mustafa Koch
Mike Oxmells-Grimm
Ben Dover

Would provide real depth to the squad and all wanting out at the moment.
Terry Tickles also available….. could probably get Tez in the bag no problem

Frostie

Any idea of his defensive output/style?
Decent. Not Hamer levels but then Hamer himself wasn't that good defensively to begin with.
The good thing with Eiting is he has experience of the league & is likely to be obtainable. The bad thing is he has a history of knee issues.

Steven Alzate was another name suggested... Might have even been yours @SBAndy ?
I like this fit too.

Deity

Alzate … very good technical player. Good range of pass, mobile. Better going forward than defending .

SIR ERNIE

I'd be taking a look at Allan Campbell at Luton. Didn't feature in the play off final and was not an automatic starter in the last few months of the season. Even more of a box-to-box non stop duracell bunny than Hamer and arguably even more tenacious but without his finesse. Must be a horrible little bloke to play against. All depends whether he's part of Luton's plans.

fernandopartridge

I'd be taking a look at Allan Campbell at Luton. Didn't feature in the play off final and was not an automatic starter in the last few months of the season. Even more of a box-to-box non stop duracell bunny than Hamer and arguably even more tenacious but without his finesse. Must be a horrible little bloke to play against. All depends whether he's part of Luton's plans.
No way, very tenacious but so limited on the ball

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

We’re not necessarily going to go for him in particular but we need someone like Matt Grimes at Swansea.

He’s nowhere near as good as Hamer in most respects but if we had him as a replacement for example, he’d knit everything together which is what I think we’ll miss most with Hamer.

The more I've thought about it the more I think Grimes would be a disastrous signing for us, even though I think he's a decent enough player. Our team is built around quick counter attacking and even with Hamer gone, who was the perfect midfielder for that style, our new signings up front and at wing back have been brought in with that playing style in mind. Grimes is used to playing in a more patient possession based style that would set our team backwards. He also provides next to no goal threat, and we have to find a midfielder who can get closer to Hamers output than Grimes could provide.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Michal Sadilek
Joshua Kitolano
Finn Becker (Bundesliga)
Carel Eiting
Taylor Booth

Some young, apparently talented, midfielders from the Eredivisie (and one from the Bundesliga) which could be our target market.

And a suggestion of Adam Randell from Plymouth (probably more of a Sheaf backup though tbf)
Are the first four anagrams?

Legia Sky Blue

I see McAtee is on Man City's bench tonight so might not be going anywhere on loan this season - not sure about Doyle though! It only seems right that we should have a Doyle on our teamsheet :)

ProfessorbyGrace

See if there’s any more hidden gems floating around the Dutch leagues, perhaps…

Winny the Bish

Eiting apparently wants a move to Vitesse. He thinks he has a £400k release clause, the club says it isn’t a release clause.

Chris1987

Eiting apparently wants a move to Vitesse. He thinks he has a £400k release clause, the club says it isn’t a release clause.
This is the one out of all suggested that I would see as the best replacement. Would leave plenty of cash left over too.

Frostie

If we're going to all out raid Barnsley then I wouldn't mind Adam Phillips either. Not really a like for like but good player.

LJN

Ollie Rathbone at Rotherham might be worth a look at. I think Robins rates him and I think he is out of contract at the end of the season.
Ben Whiteman at Preston was linked with us previously a few years back. He’s also in his last year of his contract. Him or Rathbone wouldn’t surprise me. I think we’ll get a couple of centre mids in now

Tea & Busquets

Would like us to invest across the board with this one. Ideally would want to get in Zorgane, Willock, one of Wharton/Kitching/Cashin and maybe another back up midfielder on the cheaper side or even a loan.

Tea & Busquets

Would like us to invest across the board with this one. Ideally would want to get in Zorgane, Willock, one of Wharton/Kitching/Cashin and maybe another back up midfielder on the cheaper side or even a loan.
Normally don’t make such expensive shouts but seeing Doug’s track record I don’t think it’s too out of place tbh.

Pusb1

Whilst we're raiding Barnsley, my shout is Luca Connell

Barnsley fans see him as someone with plenty of energy, and they rate him as the best midfielder in League 1.

Still young too and a really good season last year

Hincha

We don't need to replace Hamer like for like. Hamer replaced Walsh who was a more possession based player.

The system will adapt as the players change. There is no way we can play the counter-attacking style as successfully as we did last year without Gyok & Hamer.

Users who are viewing this thread