The Replacement (3 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Who are people thinking then?

Few names shouted about atm:

Lewis O'Brien
Max Bird
Steven Alzate.

SBAndy

Arguably the most crucial decision of our season. If we don’t adequately replace then there’s a massive void in the middle of the starting XI. Kelly is far from capable and Eccles accompanying Sheaf doesn’t quite work from the little I’ve seen of them. O’Brien I think would be too expensive but may be able to do a loan deal. Alzate fits the bill for me and we could probably do a permanent or a loan to buy. Bird is a decent player but he’d need to hit the ground running and I’m not sure he’s quite ready.

mrfr

I still think Tom Davies could be the one. Wages are going to be a sticking point but he’s without a club and so no transfer fee helps balance that out. He’s still only 25, played 155 games for Everton and by all accounts is a good character. He isn’t a like for like replacement but has real quality and great energy.

Martin180

I still think Tom Davies could be the one. Wages are going to be a sticking point but he’s without a club and so no transfer fee helps balance that out. He’s still only 25, played 155 games for Everton and by all accounts is a good character. He isn’t a like for like replacement but has real quality and great energy.
He is absolute dog shit , my niece's partner is an Evertonian and he said he's the worst midfielder he's seen for them .

shepardo01

Irreplaceable as just one player.
Two of the four goals we have conceded when he has gone off have been from around the area on the edge of the box where he buzzes around and picks off attacks and picks up loose balls. He wasn't there to prevent those, and those on the pitch couldn't do his job.....
We all know how good his range of passing is from that area too, and how he can drive attacks.

Again, His needs two very high level replacements, which will take up two names on the teamsheet, rather than the one he does, that allows us bodies in another area that may be "make do's" ( why we got away at times last year with him/howley/Eccles in the midfield and still finished 5th!)

Huge huge job to rebuild the midfield now, especially after Robins comments about how it doesn't function without His on Weds night.

stupot07

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about a new Netflix series.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mrfr

Kind of my point , they've had dreadful ones and he put Davies as the worst
Or alternatively your nieces partner isn’t the best judge of footballing talent, who’s to say which it is. Literally no way of knowing.

napolimp

I'm sure Robins has a list of players he's interested in bringing in to fill that role, genuinely excited to see who it will be. Maybe another relatively unknown from Europe with great potential.

Offhegoes

Absolutely no! Eccles is better than him. He's not creative, and not a box to box midfielder, more of a steady-eady and we have Sheaf and Eccles who play that role.

Offhegoes

Robins could break our Transfer Record with the replacement. Sure 8-10 million would get us a brilliant young box to box midfielder.
Feel we should be looking in The Championship for that player. Not many teams could turn down 10 million for their best player, especially clubs with financial troubles (Blackburn, Sheff Wed etc)

Users who are viewing this thread