The Replacement (2 Viewers)

djr8369

Robins could break our Transfer Record with the replacement. Sure 8-10 million would get us a brilliant young box to box midfielder.
Feel we should be looking in The Championship for that player. Not many teams could turn down 10 million for their best player, especially clubs with financial troubles (Blackburn, Sheff Wed etc)
I think two players. A solid championship player and a young player to develop. Then we add depth too.

WestEndAgro

Stoke were chasing Burger, maybe we could gazump them now.
Wonder if Burger is on Kings, wish list
burger king 80s GIF

TomRad85

Burger and Styles would be pretty good in all honesty and wouldn't cost even close to what we get for Hamer.

long way home

Its about replacing the stats if you have to do that by comitee so be it. Bring multiple players in and change the system if you have too.

Deity

We need a classic number 8, box to box midfielder. We have options for the CAM in Pslmer, Ohare and Tats …. We have options for the CDM role in Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly and Lati but it’s the 8 where we are short.

I think Eccles has the engine but lacks the passing range and attacking threat.

CovLad94

I'm sure the scouting department have a contingency plan and possible targets lined up, can see a replacement coming in rather quick as it was with Gyok. Going to be interesting, MR said he wanted 2 more, can see up to 5/6 coming in still

Legia Sky Blue

I don't think a single player can replicate what Hamer provided us last season so to my mind we will need 2 replacement midfielders. Sheff U had McAtee & Doyle on loan last season so I wonder what Man City's plans are for them this season? O'Brien could also be a loan option from Forest.

Outside of those I wouldn't mind Willock or Twine as attacking options, or Molumby or Gardner-Hickman from West Brom as more solid types. I have always thought Grimes looked a good player, but his goalscoring stats are very uninspiring.

Anyhow, over to you MR!

Jamesimus

Hamza Chodhury won’t get much game time at Leicester this season with winks coming in for them. Maybe we could pinch him

Would prefer it if we signed an actual footballer... He hasn't got the skills required to do anything more than defensive midfield.

Grimes would be good in a possession based team, not particularly exciting and a lower ceiling due to his age and also doesn't score many goals.

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is we need a few midfield players who are able to link up play and be creative. Robins was in a way saying that after Wimbledon about the midfield. I expect one marquee signing and another one to develop in that space.

Users who are viewing this thread