The Penalty (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Not sure of the procedure but normally a player gets summonsed normally they ask for a personal hearing or they accept. I’d think we will know any day. I have known cases to be dropped without a hearing but I doubt that will happen, I’d expect the referee to put a report in too.
I’ve said before Fulham will have put an official complaint in in the correct time scale the FA investigate that complaint.
In my opinion Marco Silva is deflecting what for him and his team was a disastrous day.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not sure of the procedure but normally a player gets summonsed normally they ask for a personal hearing or they accept. I’d think we will know any day. I have known cases to be dropped without a hearing but I doubt that will happen, I’d expect the referee to put a report in too.
I’ve said before Fulham will have put an official complaint in in the correct time scale the FA investigate that complaint.
In my opinion Marco Silva is deflecting what for him and his team was a disastrous day.

I don’t know, did our manager report Bong on the opening day of the season or they acted themselves?

Esoterica

There's not much deflection here, he blames the ref for the penalty but not the loss:

"It's something that I don't like to say but I have to apologise to our fans. The second half was wrong. Everything was all wrong from the beginning to the end.

"We controlled the first half, scored early and they didn't create many chances apart from some corners. We tried to change something during half-time to explore the space we knew they can create with their organisation and after that everything went wrong.

"Unfortunately the referee did everything wrong as well because it's a clear dive for the penalty, no foul at all, but it is not his fault we lost. After that we had enough time to react, to do different things, but we have to react in a different way."

Great_Expectations

As others have said the inconsistency is massively infuriating.

Every week, dives (amongst other incidents that fall under this ruling) are discussed on a national stage, be it retrospectively on shows like MOTD or in real time on Sky/BT etc, so are very much in the public domain and therefore things the FA should pick up, yet this is the incident they do?

Another example of the shitness of football’s governing bodies in the UK.

Re the incident itself Godden has some grounds for appeal, so let’s hope we are.

covboy9

IMO deserves a one game ban for dive, this has to be fucking consistent across all leagues which is absolutely impossible

I remember berkamp got a penalty at our place which was absolutely ridiculous but because it was him nobody batted an eyelid

what godden did you see on motd every week but usually not given, the player should be bannedeither way whether penalty is given or not it’s cheating end of story

slowpoke

As others have said the inconsistency is massively infuriating.

Every week, dives (amongst other incidents that fall under this ruling) are discussed on a national stage, be it retrospectively on shows like MOTD or in real time on Sky/BT etc, so are very much in the public domain and therefore things the FA should pick up, yet this is the incident they do?

Another example of the shitness of football’s governing bodies in the UK.

Re the incident itself Godden has some grounds for appeal, so let’s hope we are.
All the above is spot on which is why if the FA ban him I hope we do appeal and it could go as high as UEFA which they might not overturn but it could result in a snowball of further actions throughout.

shmmeee

Look forward to seeing the fa enforcing this after every dive in every game they are going to be busy.

Will it be two games for a penalty dive and one for outside the box or do they not count.

JCH must be shitting himself he could get a lifetime ban with all his falling over.

Only counts if a pen or red card was given.

Really this punishes leagues without VAR as the offence is successfully conning the officials but that can’t happen with VAR. if they were going to be consistent a dive spotted on VAR but not by the ref should be an instant red and a ban for the next match.

Terry Gibson's perm

Only counts if a pen or red card was given.

Really this punishes leagues without VAR as the offence is successfully conning the officials but that can’t happen with VAR. if they were going to be consistent a dive spotted on VAR but not by the ref should be an instant red and a ban for the next match.

The rule is then inconsistent before they start

what if a centre back dives over when the striker goes near him and the ref disallows the goal.

a player gains a direct free kick outside the box which is scored.

larry_david

It's frustrating but it was a dive, he's admitted it, two game ban. Gives Walker a chance and as much as Godden was better in the second half, first half he wasn't good at all.

ajsccfc

He dived and seems to have admitted the charge. It clearly won't be applied the same everywhere but we won the game so I wouldn't bother getting the magnifying glass out and screaming WHAT ABOUT THIS HUH when someone isn't pulled back for a foul throw

Frostie

It was a dive, ban deserved.

Lucky it was a player we can probably do without for a couple of games.

I said this earlier in the thread, admitting it was the best course of action.
We'll have Waghorn & Walker available, no risk of extended ban & it takes effect immediately meaning he misses the games v Blackburn & Preston away which tbh I'm not sure he'd have started anyway.

shmmeee

I said this earlier in the thread, admitting it was the best course of action.
We'll have Waghorn & Walker available, no risk of extended ban & it takes effect immediately meaning he misses the games v Blackburn & Preston away which tbh I'm not sure he'd have started anyway.

There’s every chance Robins was planning to go one up front away as well.

Happy_Martian

Just posted on the Fulham forum about the inconsistency issue. God was never going to get away with it in front of live TV and the National media watching. But what are the chances of recrimination at a midweek game in January when any club only has the one camera view to fall back on. Will players conning the ref in that game be caught and punished ? Unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread