The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Dumb move. One of the very best receivers in the NFL

tisza

I can't believe the Texans traded away Hopkins for F all and have no first round picks for the next two years.
O'Brien killed the Texans for probably next 4-5 years.
Got lucky that AFC South was so bad that 9-7, 10-6 was good enough to win it last 5/6 years.

tisza

Another Zimmer defensive masterclass albeit against a woeful Bears offense.
Since the Falcons debacle change in strategy obvious. Keep the ball out of Cousins hands. You'll get 15-20 passes per game, you will keep them short and risk-free, your job is just to hand off to dalvin.
But Vikings are going to kill off Cook by overusing him. 30 carries against that Bears defense (knowing it's going nowhere) is just ridiculous.

tisza

Murray can't do his magic from the floor. Great win for the Seahawks. Great game, glad I'm off work today!
Big turnaround from their defence which TBF has been poor. Carroll stopped the run whilst bringing pressure - strong game plan.

tisza

Looks like Burrow done for the season. Didn't look good.
WFT fans that defence looking good - just got to hold onto those picks though:)
Add a receiver or two and could be going places

Liquid Gold

We need a long term option at QB though, was hoping for a shot at Fields or Wilson so I don't want us to win too many, accidentally winning the NFCE with a losing record and picking 19th could be terrible. Loads of cap space though to add a wide receiver, O-line, and some DBs. Would love to see them have a play at Ju-Ju who is going to be a free agent.

Burrow didn't look good, can see them losing the rest now but then being able to take Sewell which will actually give Joe a chance next year.

Edit - and a TE

tisza

We need a long term option at QB though, was hoping for a shot at Fields or Wilson so I don't want us to win too many, accidentally winning the NFCE with a losing record and picking 19th could be terrible. Loads of cap space though to add a wide receiver, O-line, and some DBs. Would love to see them have a play at Ju-Ju who is going to be a free agent.

Burrow didn't look good, can see them losing the rest now but then being able to take Sewell which will actually give Joe a chance next year.

Edit - and a TE
watched Fields last night- had the worst game i've seen him play but still could be a franchise QB. Indiana defense is decent.
There's a few interesting QBs further down the 1st round - Trask, Wilson and Mac Jones intriguing if they step up in the big games at end of season could move up.
Doesn't seem a great WR class but plenty of DB options.
O line best targetted through free agency as that's where teams will continue to try and save money with the reduced cap (always seems a questionable strategy for saving money)

tisza

So what record wins the East and sends a team to the play-offs? A 5 win champion looks possible looking at the schedules.

Liquid Gold

Washington would be steaming ahead there now if they hadn’t chucked it away against the giants and lions.

Hopefully this is Rivera’s culture starting to imbed. Although I really don’t want to end up drafting 19th after an embarrassing playoff loss and not having a franchise QB in sight.

As long as philly don’t win it so we keep the mad record alive I’ll be happy.

Otis

Wentz is getting a right pummelling every week at the moment, so I am not even sure he will last the season.

Aren't they against Seattle this weekend?

Liquid Gold

Wentz is getting a right pummelling every week at the moment, so I am not even sure he will last the season.

Aren't they against Seattle this weekend?
Their remaining schedule is
Seahawks
Pack
Saints
Cards
Cowboys
Washington

Can't see them being competitive in anything but the last two where they may decide draft position is better anyway.

tisza

Although I really don’t want to end up drafting 19th after an embarrassing playoff loss and not having a franchise QB in sight.
only 2 there - Lawrence & Fields.
Next 5 or 6 are all prospects that could need time - something we're seeing teams won't give young QBs. But teams are desperate and maybe as many as 5 go first round. Vikings pick top 10 they'll probably go QB - below that and they may look elsewhere.

Liquid Gold

only 2 there - Lawrence & Fields.
Next 5 or 6 are all prospects that could need time - something we're seeing teams won't give young QBs. But teams are desperate and maybe as many as 5 go first round. Vikings pick top 10 they'll probably go QB - below that and they may look elsewhere.
I'd even say Fields isn't a slam dunk. I like Wilson but it could just be recency bias as he's in good form, Lance I don't think there is enough of a sample size to really tell. Trask, Jones etc. are definitely development guys, I guess if we're keeping Smith it's not a bad idea to be drafting one of them. It would be nice to have some constancy at the position, we've had 6/7 different starters at QB in the last season and a half.

tisza

I'd even say Fields isn't a slam dunk. I like Wilson but it could just be recency bias as he's in good form, Lance I don't think there is enough of a sample size to really tell. Trask, Jones etc. are definitely development guys, I guess if we're keeping Smith it's not a bad idea to be drafting one of them. It would be nice to have some constancy at the position, we've had 6/7 different starters at QB in the last season and a half.
Confident in Fields - may not be Lawrence but not far off. More mobile and doesn't have the receivers that Lawrence has at Clemson.
Wilson and Lance got talent but really haven't played anyone.
Intriguing one is Jones. Everyone just assumed after Tua he'd be a return to the likes of Hurts & McCarron. But he's got a great arm, accurate and mobile enough. Temperament seems good. Putting up numbers similar to Burrow in a slightly more conventional offense than LSU had.
But playing behind probably best protection in college football and again has great receivers (even though Waddle got injured). Downside (like Haskins) will be number of games he's started by the time the draft comes.

Liquid Gold

Confident in Fields - may not be Lawrence but not far off. More mobile and doesn't have the receivers that Lawrence has at Clemson.
Wilson and Lance got talent but really haven't played anyone.
Intriguing one is Jones. Everyone just assumed after Tua he'd be a return to the likes of Hurts & McCarron. But he's got a great arm, accurate and mobile enough. Temperament seems good. Putting up numbers similar to Burrow in a slightly more conventional offense than LSU had.
But playing behind probably best protection in college football and again has great receivers (even though Waddle got injured). Downside (like Haskins) will be number of games he's started by the time the draft comes.
I still think Washington would like to go QB in the first if possible. Smith won't be extended past next season and it's a major cliff edge if we have to draft and play straight away.

Whatever happens I hope Dan Snyder keeps his oar out and lets the football guys do the work. Although I really like Rivera I'm slightly concerned there isn't a proper GM in there yet.

Looking at the draft order though there is lot of teams that would possibly look at having a long term replacement in above us at the moment.

tisza

ooking at the draft order though there is lot of teams that would possibly look at having a long term replacement in above us at the moment.
That's the problem this season (because it isn't a good one) that a 6-10 record could still see teams picking around 15-20.
Figure as many as 11 teams looking at QBs (if you include Saints & maybe Cowboys). Bears,Vikings, Falcons, Patriots, Cowboys,49ers could all be in the mix around Washington with 5-6 wins and looking at QBs.

Liquid Gold

That's the problem this season (because it isn't a good one) that a 6-10 record could still see teams picking around 15-20.
Figure as many as 11 teams looking at QBs (if you include Saints & maybe Cowboys). Bears,Vikings, Falcons, Patriots, Cowboys,49ers could all be in the mix around Washington with 5-6 wins and looking at QBs.
Who would you want Vikes to be looking at?

tisza

Who would you want Vikes to be looking at?
It's all down to whether they can cut/trade cousins.
One more year of Cousins then I'd try and maybe take Ridder from Cincinnati in the 3rd round (we blew our 2nd round pick on Ngakoue).
Or wait until after day one and see what price Jets want for Darnold. Good QB killed by a terrible organisation.could be a fixer upper.

Can move Cousins (fields, Lawrence obviously unreachable) then maybe Wilson but Bama keep winning and Jones will be a top 10 pick.

Maybe one of these starting behind an experienced QB as we're going to be primary a running (play action) offense whilst Cook stays healthy (and Zim stays as coach)

tisza

COVID biting this week. Ravens could be without 19 players if the Steelers game ever goes ahead.
Broncos don't have a QB against the Saints

Otis

Oops, Jason and OSI got it badly wrong this week. They both said the Colts would stop Derrick Henry and the Titans run.

Henry has over 140 yards in the first half alone already.

tisza

Cousins has only his 2nd game winning drive since being at the Vikings.
But covered a woeful Vikings performance in gifting the ball to the Panthers. Patchwork Defence running out of legs.

tisza

Mahomes 359 passing yards 1st half against the Nice. More than the total offense combined for broncos-saints &49ers-Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread