The Movie Club (1 Viewer)

Pigeon

Shutter Island is a great film.
Inception was amazing.
I know it's a cartoon but Despicable Me is one of the funniest films I have seen in a long time!

redsox

Facebook User
The new Tron film is worth a watch, I agree with previous comments on Inception & Shutter Island and even Despicable Me. Repo Man is worth watching but don't ever , ever watch Kangaroo Jack you'll never get that time back!!

Nick

Administrator
I have been watching Happy Gilmore a lot :)

One mega over rated film was "The Fighter". What a load of tripe!

dutchman

I'm the one person in the universe who liked The Last Airbender.

As already mentioned, Inception is awesome but don't ask me to explain what happened.

Social Network is the most annoying film I've ever seen. None of the characters is likeable so there's no-one to root for.

bamalamafizzfazz

I have seen that and spent on top of the two hours watching it another hour trying to find out what it was about and if there was any point or back story. The story of this film is, everything interesting has already happened and this is the boring stuff after.

bamalamafizzfazz

I can top that though. I watched 'Aquamarine'.
This was on film4 primetime 8pm but more suited to 2pm channel 5 on a Midweek afternoon.
The story is a mermaid who is due to get married swims away from her father to prove that real love exists so that she doesn't have to marry any old random merman. It turns out that during sunlight mermaids can have legs!
So jojo (that American young singer) and her friend help the mermaid (with legs and who can speak all languages known to man) find that true love exists by trying to get some random guy to fall in love with her in three days. It has a non Hollywood ending where the guy doesn't love her as its only been three days and really you just know he is trying to get his leg over. She eventually finds out that love does exist as she's found it with her new friends.
This is by no means the worse film I have ever seen but I wouldn't recommend it, I would never give a film 0/10 so this film is a solid 4/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429591

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Never watch "A Serbian Film", it's disgusting, and I teared up. A long story short, it's some sick in the head director who thought it would be smart to use a guy who has no control of his own actions, raping women, men and new born children as a metaphor for the mind control from the Serbian government.

I'd give it a -10000000/10 an I think the director should be tortured until he dies.

A film or series (as it is) that I would recommend, is "The Pacific". It is hands down the best series I have ever watched. I give it a 10/10.

rob9872

Did a search for Shutter Island to see if it had been discussed before on here and came across only this thread. I've just seen it for the first time and can't believe something so acclaimed has taken me so long to get to. Fantastic film, great ending. I wont spoil it in case there's anyone else as slow to the punch as I've been, but one of the best I've seen in a very long time.

Otis

Good film for sure.

Now trying to cast my mind back to 2010 to see what other films I can find for you to watch.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did a search for Shutter Island to see if it had been discussed before on here and came across only this thread. I've just seen it for the first time and can't believe something so acclaimed has taken me so long to get to. Fantastic film, great ending. I wont spoil it in case there's anyone else as slow to the punch as I've been, but one of the best I've seen in a very long time.
Brilliant film excellent twist too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thought I’d bump this

Just watched Nobody, Bob Odenkirk starts as an ex FBI agent pretty decent action few laughs never gonna win an Oscar but decent

Tommo1993

Took me all this time to watch ‘Taxi Driver’. I try to watch one or two films every weekend, ones I haven’t seen already. Anybody have any recommendations? On Netflix or Sky on Demand.

Shutter Island I haven’t seen, may watch that tonight.

Bugsy

Took me all this time to watch ‘Taxi Driver’. I try to watch one or two films every weekend, ones I haven’t seen already. Anybody have any recommendations? On Netflix or Sky on Demand.

Shutter Island I haven’t seen, may watch that tonight.

Shutter island is class, I would recommend Tenet, snatch and lock stock 2 smoking barrels

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve got the deer hunter on the planner to watch

skybluetony176

The mood and atmosphere swings so violently in Deer Hunter it’s almost like watching 4 films. Great film. Christopher Walken is brilliant in it.

Reactions: vow

skybluetony176

If you want to watch a good film you can’t beat anything by the Coen brothers. They literally have never made a bad movie.

shmmeee

Couple of recent ones:

Jungle Cruise: perfect family film. Reminded me of the films in the 80s like Indiana Jones. Everyone loved it.

Hitmans Wife’s Bodyguard: awful and I love almost every actor in it.

Trying to convince my missus to watch Suicide Squad tonight. Will report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread