The Movie Club (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

If you want to watch a good film you can’t beat anything by the Coen brothers. They literally have never made a bad movie.
I'd agree, my favourite directors.

shmmeee

The Suicide Squad.

Brilliant. Just a perfect 18 rated superhero movie. Shame about the rest of the DC universe.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have you managed to watch it yet?
If so, what do you think?
Not yet I’m gonna watch it after my nightshift on Monday

Just finished The long good Friday great film

covcity4life

Couple of recent ones:

Jungle Cruise: perfect family film. Reminded me of the films in the 80s like Indiana Jones. Everyone loved it.

Hitmans Wife’s Bodyguard: awful and I love almost every actor in it.

Trying to convince my missus to watch Suicide Squad tonight. Will report back.
Jungle cruise was average. Nowhere near as good as mummy or even jumanjis remakes.

shmmeee

Free Guy today: the tech talk made me wince multiple times and it needs a huge dose of suspension of disbelief, but again really enjoyed it. Has its off moments but overall solid popcorn flick.

covcity4life

Free Guy today: the tech talk made me wince multiple times and it needs a huge dose of suspension of disbelief, but again really enjoyed it. Has its off moments but overall solid popcorn flick.
You back at cinemas or finding alternate methods?

shmmeee

Got to wait for HD rips my man. Especially free guy which is cgi heavy

Watched Free Guy at the cinema.

The Suicide Squad and Hitmans Bodyguard rips I watched were perfect though. Surprised TBH, have they been on streaming platforms?

I’ll watch any old shit but the missus has a strict no cams rule.

covcity4life

Watched Free Guy at the cinema.

The Suicide Squad and Hitmans Bodyguard rips I watched were perfect though. Surprised TBH, have they been on streaming platforms?

I’ll watch any old shit but the missus has a strict no cams rule.
Yeah SS is on hbo max in usa

V good film I agree. Although I prefer Snyder's dark stuff more.

shmmeee

Yeah SS is on hbo max in usa

V good film I agree. Although I prefer Snyder's dark stuff more.

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy and there were heavy elements of it there from Gunns influence I think. Plus a proper over the top gory coni book movie is a nice change of pace from the family friendly stuff. Also just a good DC movie. I think most of the DCEU has been poor.

covcity4life

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy and there were heavy elements of it there from Gunns influence I think. Plus a proper over the top gory coni book movie is a nice change of pace from the family friendly stuff. Also just a good DC movie. I think most of the DCEU has been poor.
Yeah had GOTG vibes.

But the Snyder stuff I am cult like about. Shame will get no more and movies go bsck to being for kids

CCFCSteve

The next three days (Russell Crowe and some fit bird !) on Primes worth a watch.

It’s 10 years old, how have I never heard of it before?! Ignore the 50% rotten tomatoes…/yeah, some silly bits but decent thriller

lordy_87

Just watched L.A. Confidential. Cracking film properly concluded. None of those shitey ambiguous endings.

Users who are viewing this thread