The measurement of success (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Good grief.

Oh sorry I forgot to put those pesky quotation marks in. Thats from your best buddy @shmmeee

Is he pretty disgusting as well?

You really are beyond stupid and fall for it every time

Greggs

Can I have the showbiz thread too?
I would support that. Considering there is currently 76 viewers on the threads about a 'plane crash' and an 'afternoon trip', i can't see why someone keeping us updated on showbiz would be an issue at all. Detective Boosh, time to apply.

PVA

Oh sorry I forgot to put those pesky quotation marks in. Thats from your best buddy @shmmeee

Is he pretty disgusting as well?

You really are beyond stupid and fall for it every time

I don't care what other people say. His comments are bang out of order too, happy?

And just because someone else says it does not make it right.

Grendel

I don't care what other people say. His comments are bang out of order too, happy?

And just because someone else says it does not make it right.

Odd you single me out though - is that able discrimination?

Greggs

Odd you single me out though - is that able discrimination?
same as the blokes that single out hot women on instagram and message them saying they want to 'spaff on thier tits'. I'd take it as a positive that people direct their energy towards you.

Boosh

Think if you ask nicely he’ll agree. Only if you promise to behave though

@Nick

I would like to apologise for all the accounts I have made since Warthog. It was immature and I understand it ruins the forum experience for everyone else. I would also like to apologise to anyone I have offended.

I’d be incredibly grateful if I could return as Boosh and the showbiz thread could be reinstated.

I promise I will not troll and will avoid any arguments that are to the of any other posters.

Thanks

Boosh

Your mate Boosh is the one that wants you banned, not me. Take it up with him.

I literally said no one should be banned for comments they make in an argument? Are you feeling okay?

Greggs

@Nick

I would like to apologise for all the accounts I have made since Warthog. It was immature and I understand it ruins the forum experience for everyone else. I would also like to apologise to anyone I have offended.

I’d be incredibly grateful if I could return as Boosh and the showbiz thread could be reinstated.

I promise I will not troll and will avoid any arguments that are to the of any other posters.

Thanks
hahaha you dickhead.

Grendel

Your mate Boosh is the one that wants you banned, not me. Take it up with him.

OOOOH

Blocking Shots Fired GIF

Greggs

@Nick

Thanks
100% not the first time you've had to write a letter like that hahaha

Grendel

I literally said no one should be banned for comments they make in an argument? Are you feeling okay?

He has had a bang on the head

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I think anything in the top half could be considered success. If we can finish higher than last season in spite of all the off field horseshit id think that pretty impressive overall. It looks like we have a bit of a rebuild to do over the summer, i just hope we have some clarity on where the fuck we are playing so that can be properly planned and budgeted.

NorthernWisdom

@Nick

Thanks
There you go then

fatso

I don’t think we have enough depth for the play offs, so how then is success to be measured if we do fall short.

Is it progress compared to previous years. I.e number of points, position in the table. Or is it the consistency of performances or the entertainment value. Add in the exciting development of the kids coming in and SISU/wasps going….

It’s obviously a combination of all of them but there’s a whole load of different ways to consider it a success this year. Which is a great position to be in really.

if you can choose just one measurement …for me position means very little outside the bottom 3 and top 6. So if we finish the year on more points than 21/22 I shall consider it progress and therefore a succesful season. All of the other stuff just ices the cake
Success for me is measured in the following ways.

1, we got rid of SISU

2. we play home games in Cov

3, we continue to compete for a playoff place, despite being bottom of the league for weeks at the start of the season, and having absolutely no budget available.

4, we still have MR as manager

5, we didn't have to sell Vik, Hamer, O'hare or Sheaf for peanuts in Jan.

6, Wasps have gone!

7, we are debt free (supposedly) and have a new owner who appears to want to do the right thing.

8, we play the game the right way and can get 20k+ crowds regularly.

All in all not a bad season when you look at it like that.
If we can hold onto our better players and add some more quality to the squad, then we are ready for a sustained push next season.

mmttww

Improve on last season's points total and that's success for me esp. with O'Hare out for the season and the start we had.

ProfessorbyGrace

I vote for Greggs, Boosh, and King of Whatever to have lifetime achievers awards, sponsored by the forum, and handed over in person by Clive Eakin who instantly gets their names wrong. 👍🏻 There’s one for the showbiz thread.

Measurement of success…in the grand scheme of things, all things considered, this season has transpired to be our most successful in how long? Squad depth is an issue, and there was a tenuous point after the Wrexham debacle that may have swung our trajectory down the table, but overall, I’d be chuffed with where we are now.

Steady progress. And if MR continues to work miracles on a better budget next season, playoffs would be nice.

Greggs

I vote for Greggs, Boosh, and King of Whatever to have lifetime achievers awards, sponsored by the forum, and handed over in person by Clive Eakin who instantly gets their names wrong. 👍🏻 There’s one for the showbiz thread.

Measurement of success…in the grand scheme of things, all things considered, this season has transpired to be our most successful in how long? Squad depth is an issue, and there was a tenuous point after the Wrexham debacle that may have swung our trajectory down the table, but overall, I’d be chuffed with where we are now.

Steady progress. And if MR continues to work miracles on a better budget next season, playoffs would be nice.
Why do you constantly have little digs at me? You're a bit like an annoying ex girlfriend that wont move on.....

SkyBlueSoul

From a stats point of view, despite everything we're now 2 points better off than this stage last season. Defence has obviously been a big part of that while goals scored is basically the same. 8 games to go to keep progressing, last season our last 8 was W2 D3 L3

1679235161554.png

Users who are viewing this thread