The measurement of success (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

I don’t think we have enough depth for the play offs, so how then is success to be measured if we do fall short.

Is it progress compared to previous years. I.e number of points, position in the table. Or is it the consistency of performances or the entertainment value. Add in the exciting development of the kids coming in and SISU/wasps going….

It’s obviously a combination of all of them but there’s a whole load of different ways to consider it a success this year. Which is a great position to be in really.

if you can choose just one measurement …for me position means very little outside the bottom 3 and top 6. So if we finish the year on more points than 21/22 I shall consider it progress and therefore a succesful season. All of the other stuff just ices the cake

shmmeee

As long as we finish higher than last season we’ve progressed in my books. A lot of us had written this off as a transition season with all the deadwood on the books even before the O’Hare injury. Playoffs is a nice dream to keep the season interesting but not a requirement IMO.

Samo

I don’t think we have enough depth for the play offs, so how then is success to be measured if we do fall short.

Is it progress compared to previous years. I.e number of points, position in the table. Or is it the consistency of performances or the entertainment value. Add in the exciting development of the kids coming in and SISU/wasps going….

It’s obviously a combination of all of them but there’s a whole load of different ways to consider it a success this year. Which is a great position to be in really.

if you can choose just one measurement …for me position means very little outside the bottom 3 and top 6. So if we finish the year on more points than 21/22 I shall consider it progress and therefore a succesful season. All of the other stuff just ices the cake

The last year has been a turbulent one, but must be viewed as the most important year in our recent history, involving as it does, SISU's departure, a takeover and the demise of Wasps. So by that measure, a huge success. A flirtation with the pay off would be gravy.

Bad Boy

I've said it before on here, a 10% improvement in terms of points is realistic and achievable from the previous season, that to me is succesful. That eventually has you knocking on doors.

NorthernWisdom

It's success whatever happens from now- position isn't the main thing really - we've stabilised the club in this division and allowed the likes of Burroughs and Howley to get more experience, which will make us stronger next season.

What I would like is more medium-term views however - panic loanees doesn't help us progress *next* season.

(Oh, and next year if the infrastructure and squad is worked on, but we finish lower, it'll still be progress as we'll be in a more solid position going forward).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think it's been a success already really. We've don't a lot better than I was expecting, and after two major blips we seemed to have found a way to bounce back both times. Unless we fall away massively I'm pretty satisfied how things have gone.

As Shmmeee says, we've got a lot of dead wood and we've had a lot of injuries. So given that, we're doing pretty well. I still think we need to have a big summer clear out and rebuilt though.

PVA

As others have alluded to, I think this season will be considered a success regardless of final finishing position.

There's been a lot of adversity and to be within touching distance of the playoffs at this stage of the season is a remarkable achievement and a phenomenal effort from Robins and the squad.

Grendel

The biggest improvement is the goals against column. Last season we were chasing games conceding first. It’s improved massively and when you don’t concede you are in a far better place

Sbarcher

I think this season will be our best chance to make the play-offs. We have players who are highly regarded and we are unlikely to keep some of them and others coming in will not be at the level of those we will lose.
I would be extremely surprised (and delighted!) if we are able to get to this level next season.

slowpoke

We have enough to be ninth with three players I’d regard as walking wounded soon to be back.

zuni

started of one of most demotivating seasons I can remember but sisu gone, wasps gone so pitch next season should be sweet, chance of more investment next season…with what has been achieved so far with injuries and a paper thin squad I see it as an overall huge success irrespective of whether we get promoted or not

Evo1883

As long as we finish higher than last season we’ve progressed in my books. A lot of us had written this off as a transition season with all the deadwood on the books even before the O’Hare injury. Playoffs is a nice dream to keep the season interesting but not a requirement IMO.

We've had a pretty torrid season in terms of Injuries and off field nonsense ..

mmttww

Why didn’t you read the rest of the thread before replying
I Miss You Hello GIF by Susanne Lamb

Sky Blue Pete

started of one of most demotivating seasons I can remember but sisu gone, wasps gone so pitch next season should be sweet, chance of more investment next season…with what has been achieved so far with injuries and a paper thin squad I see it as an overall huge success irrespective of whether we get promoted or not
You willing to pay more to watch?

Sky Blue Pete

Here we go, super fan Pete trying to imply he has greater knowledge. Can you answer why this forum has access to the club despite 2 of its moderators posting blatant homophobia. If no answer I will raise it with the club directly. Thanks
Fill your boots and it’s a football forum.
Sometimes people over step the mark sometimes people get overly sensitive
Think Nick and other moderators do a fabulous job personally

Boosh

Fill your boots and it’s a football forum.
Sometimes people over step the mark sometimes people get overly sensitive
Think Nick and other moderators do a fabulous job personally

I think they should apologise if they truly regret their posts. They don’t though do they and didn’t ban @hill83 for his ableism either. Yet I was banned for having a showbiz thread which was incredibly popular on here

Sky Blue Pete

Like I say @King On My Mind its a football forum and people police themselves most of the time. Other social media is available if this isn’t the right place for you

Not to defend blatant disregard for others well-being and feelings of course

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Keep reading regularly people saying how weak the squad is.I disagree dispite having quite an injury list this Saturday and last we had adequate cover in all positions.When I compare our subs bench to other team they match up pretty well.
Players are not going to come to club just to sit on the bench if they are worth their salt.They will probably drop a league and play regular.The improvment will come if we get better first team players and they will cost.
IMO the progression of the likes of Eccles, Borroughs and Howley have been 1 hell of plus.Think the future look very bright.

Reactions: PVA

Sky Blue Pete

Seems as though it’s okay to be offensive if it’s one of your pals doing it
It’s a social media platform I don’t have pals. It’s never ok to use homophobic or racist or offensive abusive and insulting language but we are all adults and we can either ignore it or challenge it and whoever we are talking to can either listen and apologise or ignore you back

Life is too short

Sky Blue Pete

I have removed a post on another thread as it offended someone. I notice you don’t leap to my defence like you do Nicks. It took 2 seconds to delete, I’m sure the moderators could do the same, unless they stand by those posts? Perhaps they should ban themselves for 2 weeks and not me for a change
I just think Nick providing this space deserves a great deal of grace patience and thanks
I don’t know you - you seem to only come on here to offend and then act offended when someone uses the same rules you apply to yourself

Sky Blue Pete

Wow, please back this up by providing links to my offensive posts. Your defence of homophobic language is incredibly disheartening.

Thanks
Your inability to read web I’ve said is incredibly disheartening. I am not another adults keeper. I am and I would suggest Nick and the other moderators are also not other adults keepers

i have not defended homophonic language

i said you come on here to offend to give an alternative view to play devils advocate to wind people up to annoy. I’m pretty sure if we took a poll the vast majority would agree

NorthernWisdom

Your inability to read web I’ve said is incredibly disheartening. I am not another adults keeper. I am and I would suggest Nick and the other moderators are also not other adults keepers

i have not defended homophonic language

i said you come on here to offend to give an alternative view to play devils advocate to wind people up to annoy. I’m pretty sure if we took a poll the vast majority would agree
I do wonder if it'd carry on if they were just allowed to blow themselves out over a couple of days mind you - guess we'll never know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread