The latest social media trend (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Ok fair enough.. They didn't bring back any of it then technically as they changed verse.

Il give you it though, I accept it was probably a shit example to use too... One of the most disgusting people in recent history not the best example tbh.

That being said, my argument about Blair Boris etc... Didn't change my love for Britain or the flag

Probably in the same way that many Germans love their nation too
Like I said, I’m still happy to wave the flag myself. Just not in the aim of dividing the country in a class/culture war while pretending to be the victim. Like those who go on about cancel culture because they can’t partake in casual racism while waving the flag, those who want to put it on the side of a vaccine in a worldwide pandemic for a bit of casual exceptionalism, those who go on about not singing certain songs at the last night of the proms while waving the flag then videos come out of them singing said songs and they don’t even know the words, or which way up the flag goes. Things like that and there’s far too many things like that at the moment and over the last few years.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Like I said, I’m still happy to wave the flag myself. Just not in the aim of dividing the country in a class war why pretending to be the victim. Like those who go on about cancel culture because they can’t partake in casual racism while waving the flag, those who want to put it on the side of a vaccine in a worldwide pandemic for a bit of casual exceptionalism, those who go on about not singing certain songs at the last night of the proms while waving the flag then videos come out of them singing said songs and they don’t even know the words, or which way up the flag goes. Things like that and there’s far too many things like that at the moment and over the last few years.
What a dramatic speech.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

What a dramatic speech.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Tbf, there are extremes. On a similar level I feel there's a kind of poppy facism, where you have to wear one to be seen to wear one - and I won't as a result, as I feel it cheapens the intended meaning.

Now, that doesn't mean I have to snear at you if you choose to wear one - who am I to judge what your motivation is?

But, again, live and let live. If someone wants to dress in Union Flag Speedos, they can knock themselves out. As soon as it's used as a prop, however... somebody's cheapening it then, too.

(As an aside, my phone corrected fascism to facial!)

fernandopartridge

Can nearly tick the whole lot off

In 2003 historian Laurence W. Britt suggested that there were 14 characteristics to fascist regimes. They were:

Powerful and continuing nationalism

Disdain for human rights

Identification of enemies as a unifying cause

Supremacy of the military

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Obsession with national security

Religion and government intertwined

Corporate power protected

Labour power suppressed

Disdain for intellectuals & the arts

Obsession with crime & punishment

Rampant cronyism & corruption

Fraudulent elections

clint van damme

In 2003 historian Laurence W. Britt suggested that there were 14 characteristics to fascist regimes. They were:

Disdain for human rights

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Labour power suppressed

Fraudulent elections

Funking hell. Thats the current UK in a nutshell.

shmmeee

Taken in that context its fine... However you and I both know that it's not the context that most people use it in, they genuinely get irritated by the British flag and people who are passionate about their country.... Take dick chops in the replies for example View attachment 19217im sure he can tell David beckham, mo farah etc that theyve achieved nothing, 22 year soldiers with good pensions and a multitude of life experience, they've achieved nothing...

Normal people who just love their country, they've achieved nothing...

Crazy mindset

No I agree. As is often the case I think both fringes are nuts. As I say I love the flag and wish we’d see it more, but equally the big flags are silly and should have the piss taken.

I mean it when I say it’s not British. We don’t do fascism and authoritarianism here, we take the piss out of people taking themselves too seriously. We sing silly songs about Hitler having one ball and doing silly hand gestures, we don’t froth about his love of his country. And that’s bloody healthy and something I’m proud of. We aren’t like the fucking French or the Italians or the Yanks for gods sake.

Ian1779

Disdain for human rights

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Labour power suppressed

Fraudulent elections
YoU oBvIoUsLy HaTe OuR cOuNtRy

Evo1883

Disdain for human rights

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Labour power suppressed

Fraudulent elections
We don't live under a fascist regime mate ffs...

skybluetony176

We don't live under a fascist regime mate ffs...
You’re right, we don’t. But it’s not hard to look at that list and see the direction off travel, you can literally tick of everyone. The PCSC bill ticks several boxes on its own, the speed of the travel is escalating. The PCSC bill won’t do it on its but it’s small increments all the time.

Last edited:

shmmeee

It’s the same arguments I had against the surveillance state under New Labour. It doesn’t matter whether these particular people will use the apparatus of fascism themselves, but whether they leave it lying around for someone else to pick up in the future.

Evo1883

You’re right, we don’t. But it’s not hard to look at that list and see the direction of travel, you can literally tick of everyone. The PCSC bill ticks several boxes on its own, the speed of the travel is escalating. The PCSC bill won’t do it on its but it’s small increments all the time.

We won't become a fascist state under the torys in the same way we wouldn't have become a full on Venezuela under corbyn... It's left right bed wetting

Crap term I know but it's true..

Last edited:

shmmeee

We won't become a fascist state under the torys in the same way we wouldn't have become a full on Venezuela under corbyn... It's left right bed wetting

We won’t. But equally if we won’t, why exactly is the main priority coming out of a pandemic not economic recovery but neutering the right to protest?

Imagine if ItsaBatch’s wet dream came true and Labour had won in 2019 and cancelled Brexit, and no one was allowed to make any noise or nuisance and the Home Secretary could decide at will what protests were to be allowed.

Do you think you’d be calmly sitting by saying “no worries guys” or would you find that rather troubling?

Evo1883

We won’t. But equally if we won’t, why exactly is the main priority coming out of a pandemic not economic recovery but neutering the right to protest?

Imagine if ItsaBatch’s wet dream came true and Labour had won in 2019 and cancelled Brexit, and no one was allowed to make any noise or nuisance and the Home Secretary could decide at will what protests were to be allowed.

Do you think you’d be calmly sitting by saying “no worries guys” or would you find that rather troubling?
No I'd say its troubling, I find alot of what the tory do shit tbh.. But I don't think they are or even close to being fascists

Maybe it's because we have such shit opposition these days and it feels like there's no end in sight it makes people feel like they do

shmmeee

No I'd say its troubling, I find alot of what the tory do shit tbh.. But I don't think they are or even close to being fascists

Maybe it's because we have such shit opposition these days and it feels like there's no end in sight it makes people feel like they do

Fair

chiefdave

Are we supposed to be in favour of flags or not as its being reported the BBC ordered Huw Edwards to remove his tweet.

Ew6D-VNXMAA4abQ.jpeg

skybluetony176

Disdain for human rights

Rampant sexism

Controlled mass media

Labour power suppressed

Fraudulent elections
Another one for the fascist handbook. Cancelling history

shmmeee

skybluetony176

Speaking of social media trends, Cameo must be loving life at the minute.

He got set up a treat on that the other week. A guardian (I think) journalist who Aaron Banks threatened to sue over a Russian link story paid him to give her a good luck message and he didn’t even connect the dots, despite having previously slagged her off. Proof that he will literally say anything for money.

PVA

It's pathetic. Might as well move to North Korea. Look forward to my kids being forced to join Johnson Youth when they're a bit older.

jimmyhillsfanclub

They’re going full Southpark “They took down our flag”.

Maybe they could make the BBC initials stand for something to placate him......Just off the top of my head, how about the British Broadcasting Corporation......

....now can we run that up the flagpole & see if he salutes it?

skybluetony176

This is why they get labeled 'flag shaggers' trying to score points by pointing out that a report doesn't feature a union flag on any of its pages. Playground stuff.

I can remember going to Tunisia prior to the Arab spring and the Tunisian revolution and every business had to display a picture of the supreme leader Ben Ali by law. Is that where we’re heading with the Union Jack? Despot dictator territory.

skybluetony176

It's a weird old direction we are headed.
Some guy rang into James O’Briens radio show yesterday saying that the protesters in Bristol should think themselves lucky that they don’t live in Burma or Hong Kong and then with no sense of irony started championing the British police to use tactics such as they do in Burma or Hong Kong.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's pathetic. Might as well move to North Korea. Look forward to my kids being forced to join Johnson Youth when they're a bit older.

To be fair, Johnson is doing enough work behind the scenes to ensure Johnson Youth has a massive membership anyway without needing to entice other people's kids.

Users who are viewing this thread