The latest social media trend (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

FFS people have made me agree with Matt Chorley. This must never happen again.

Liquid Gold

Like it if you want, ignore it if you want. Whatever. There's stupid shit on both sides, "snowflakes" is till the stupidest shit in the world.

If you want to love a bit of fabric with colours in a certain pattern then go for it, just don't use it as a stick to beat people who don't feel the same.

It's like me going batshit at someone saying football is just people kicking a ball around then projecting sky sports on their house all day.

Too little of people just living their lives and not giving a shit anymore. Facebook and twitter have allowed us to shut ourselves off in small bubbles of people with the same feelings and allow us to portray people who think differently. I'm sure if we went to the pub together, flag shagger or snowflake woke, we could ignore that and talk about our favourite away day for hours instead.

Evo1883

FFS people have made me agree with Matt Chorley. This must never happen again.

Taken in that context its fine... However you and I both know that it's not the context that most people use it in, they genuinely get irritated by the British flag and people who are passionate about their country.... Take dick chops in the replies for example IMG_20210319_210237.png im sure he can tell David beckham, mo farah etc that theyve achieved nothing, 22 year soldiers with good pensions and a multitude of life experience, they've achieved nothing...

Normal people who just love their country, they've achieved nothing...

Crazy mindset

Liquid Gold

Taken in that context its fine... However you and I both know that it's not the context that most people use it in, they genuinely get irritated by the British flag and people who are passionate about their country.... Take dick chops in the replies for example View attachment 19217im sure he can tell David beckham, mo farah etc that theyve achieved nothing, 22 year soldiers with good pensions and a multitude of life experience, they've achieved nothing...

Crazy mindset
By the same standard don't you think people who say "It's our flag, love it or leave the country" are out of their fucking minds?

Evo1883

By the same standard don't you think people who say "It's our flag, love it or leave the country" are out of their fucking minds?
Ofcourse I do, but why are people always trying to pin the flag to dickheads when most ordinary working class decent people just love their country? Is it such an alien concept.

Liquid Gold

I know it is... I have no clue why I bother looking on it tbh... Said it for weeks now
I have the best time at music festivals and a lot of it is being with mates, seeing live music and getting off my face but also I really love that I can't use my phone, just a little burner to find each other when we're lost. If social media was down for a month this country would be much better off.

Evo1883

So I thought il delete the app... Went on the desktop to deactivate the lot, made the right choice... Hate the place IMG_20210319_212355.png

skybluetony176

Taken in that context its fine... However you and I both know that it's not the context that most people use it in, they genuinely get irritated by the British flag and people who are passionate about their country.... Take dick chops in the replies for example View attachment 19217im sure he can tell David beckham, mo farah etc that theyve achieved nothing, 22 year soldiers with good pensions and a multitude of life experience, they've achieved nothing...

Crazy mindset
British sports stars wave the flag from a very different starting point to the likes of Farage, Robinson and their disciples though and that’s what trigger people like this guy (whoever he is) and that’s why they ruin it for everyone else. It’s a reaction to an action. If the flag waving was used in the correct spirit everyone would be proud of it. It’s been hi jacked by racist, delusional British exceptionalisms, delusional nationalist etc including the Tories.

Put the horse before the cart. If you want to get angry about it get angry with those who bastardised the flag not those who have been turned away from it because of those.

TomRad85

If social media was down for a month this country would be much better off.

Biamou would be gutted, he'd have to start playing like a professional footballer. Conversely Sheaf would be delighted.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

British sports stars wave the flag from a very different starting point to the likes of Farage, Robinson and their disciples though and that’s what trigger people like this guy (whoever he is) and that’s why they ruin it for everyone else. It’s a reaction to an action. If the flag waving was used in the correct spirit everyone would be proud of it. It’s been hi jacked by racist, delusional British exceptionalisms, delusional nationalist etc including the Tories.

Put the horse before the cart. If you want to get angry about it get angry with those who bastardised the flag not those who have been turned away from it because of those.
No they don't ruin it for everybody else at all.
Its like saying Hitler ruined the German national anthem, did he? No..
Most people just love their country... It's the same around pretty much the whole world and their own countries...

They aren't Flag shaggers

I mean I wouldn't call this witch a flag shagger, and she's much more an extreme nationalist than many EwyZ2WQXIAA-fg_.jpeg

skybluetony176

Who remembers Cool Britannia. The children of Irish immigrants forming a band and flying the flag, the daughter of a Spanish woman wearing a Union Jack dress flying the flag. Everyone was proud of the flag then.

All we’ve got now is drool Britannia. A bunch of droolers waving a flag of a Union under the guise that makes you a patriot while voting to break the Union up accusing everyone who didn’t vote for it of being unpatriotic.

The last time this country looked United it was under Tony Blair. Tony fucking Blair. Look how low we’ve fallen. That’s what 10 years of the Tories and the politics of fear and division do to a nation. What a bunch of plebs we are.

Evo1883

Who remembers Cool Britannia. The children of Irish immigrants forming a band and flying the flag, the daughter of a Spanish woman wearing a Union Jack dress flying the flag. Everyone was proud of the flag then.

All we’ve got now is drool Britannia. A bunch of droolers waving a flag of a Union under the guise that makes you a patriot while voting to break the Union up accusing everyone who didn’t vote for it of being unpatriotic.

The last time this country looked United it was under Tony Blair. Tony fucking Blair. Look how low we’ve fallen. That’s what 10 years of the Tories and the politics of fear and division do to a nation. What a bunch of plebs we are.

Tony, your obsession with the EU is clouding your judgement here... To be a proud brit and being a part of the European Union in no way shape or form correlate.

We are still European geographically and always will be...

All you are doing is telling me Indirectly you pretty much agree with the knob heads on twitter... And that's fine

I didn't like Tony Blair after the Iraq war, still loved Britain.

I dont like Boris... Still love Britain 🤷

Evo1883

It's dickheads appropriating it, i.e. the current cabinet, rather than people pinning it to them.

Classic facistic tactic: Claim flag and declare opposition traitors.
Your argument would make sense if this wasn't a picture 3500.jpg

Evo1883

Is kier trying to claim the flag from Boris using classic facistic tactics? Fuck me PRI_178137090-640x360.jpg

Evo1883

He received a great deal of criticism for this for the reasons stated so makes perfect sense still.
He received criticism off the very kind of people calling people flag shaggers on social media...

Most "normal" people just see a politician with a union flag behind him and think nothing else

skybluetony176

No they don't ruin it for everybody else at all.
Its like saying Hitler ruined the German national anthem, did he? No..
Most people just love their country... It's the same around pretty much the whole world and their own countries...

They aren't Flag shaggers

I mean I wouldn't call this witch a flag shagger, and she's much more an extreme nationalist than many View attachment 19219
Actually he did. After the war East Germany had its own national anthem and West for many years used other traditional German songs instead. When they did bring it back it’s never been brought back in full as the full lyrics sound too... well, too NAZI. So he absolutely did ruin it with nationalism and exceptionalism. There’s lessons in history if people want to pay attention. If they don’t we end up with nationalist running the country.

Evo1883

Actually he did. After the war East Germany had its own national anthem and West for many years used other traditional German songs instead. When they did bring it back it’s never been brought back in full as the full lyrics sound too... well, too NAZI. So he absolutely did ruin it with nationalism and exceptionalism. There’s lessons in history if people want to pay attention. If they don’t we end up with nationalist running the country.
This isn't true Tony, the song used hasn't changed at all... Germany have used the same song since before world war 1, they've used 3 different verses or stanzas during this period... The whole song remains the same and nothing was altered

Moral of the story... Who I like politically doesn't play a part in my love for my country.

TomRad85

It's not really aimed at just anyone in the proximity of a flag, more the kind of person who will use one to indicate a love for their country despite demonstrable contempt for a large number of its people.
But Starmer got criticised for being in close proximity to the flag?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

All these people do... Is help destroy their own causes... As normal people who simply want to get on with their life get annoyed by pretty much everything these people stand for by mocking something they feel passionate about... Being in a minority and behaving like a dick, usually has that effect.

skybluetony176

This isn't true Tony, the song used hasn't changed at all... Germany have used the same song since before world war 1, they've used 3 different verses or stanzas during this period... The whole song remains the same and nothing was altered

Moral of the story... Who I like politically doesn't play a part in my love for my country.
They only use one verse. They dropped 2 when they started using it again because it’s considered too imperialistic after the antics of the Nazis.

Evo1883

They only use one verse. They dropped 2 when they started using it again because it’s considered too imperialistic after the antics of the Nazis.

I know they use only 1 verse, there are 3 different verses in the song and all three have been used at some point ... It's all still one song and nothing has been removed.

skybluetony176

I know they use only 1 verse, there are 3 different verses in the song and all three have been used at some point ... It's all still one song and nothing has been removed.
And again
Are you really arguing that Hitler didn’t ruin the German National anthem?

Evo1883

And again
Are you really arguing that Hitler didn’t ruin the German National anthem?

No.. Your original post stated lines had been removed from the anthem... I pointed out the Whole song Was still the same, but now they use a different verse... And you're telling me What I told you back

So no, I'm Not saying Hitler didn't ruin the national anthem, I'm saying they still use the same song... Just a different verse

skybluetony176

No.. Your original post stated lines had been removed from the anthem... I pointed out the Whole song Was still the same, but now they use a different verse... And you're telling me What I told you back

So no, I'm Not saying Hitler didn't ruin the national anthem, I'm saying they still use the same song... Just a different verse
I actually said that they didn’t bring it back in full. Read the article. It tells you it wasn’t brought back until 1952 and on the proviso that only the third verse is used.

Evo1883

I actually said that they didn’t bring it back in full. Read the article. It tells you it wasn’t brought back until 1952 and on the proviso that only the third verse is used.
Ok fair enough.. They didn't bring back any of it then technically as they changed verse.

Il give you it though, I accept it was probably a shit example to use too... One of the most disgusting people in recent history not the best example tbh.

That being said, my argument about Blair Boris etc... Didn't change my love for Britain or the flag

Probably in the same way that many Germans love their nation too

Evo1883

Actually Tony ... My opinion is this... Patriotism is brilliant when channeled correctly... Politics aside.. I love Britain.. It's people, its humour and its way of life.. If not a little too cold and damp for my liking.

The flag is a part of it.. It's ours.. It represents us all and our achievements.

Thats just how I feel

Users who are viewing this thread