The Hill (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

But nick they are just excuses made by people, answers have been given on most if not all of those comments only to be ridiculed by those same posters.

What are their objectives?
What do they want us to do?
Why do they believe they are a waste of time.

Funny when we ask questions and they are not answered by certain posters that is alright by you. However when others ask and you don't feel they are answered the way you want they are then ridiculed.

Again I ask what is their objective?

So people have asked questions, were they answered to make people see why or were they abused? The genuine questions I mean.

Maybe if they were answered people might understand more and be swayed. I'm not saying try to brainwash, just try to explain what it may achieve, answer people's questions rather than have a go.

I'm not aiming it at you personally by the way.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

So where was the unity last night at the match then Nick? You still don't understand or don't want to understand why people are angry about last night. Yes I went over the top I admit it,it happens every now and again especially when an idiot winds me up. I'msorry if my language upset anyone but I'm not sorry for the sentiment. The divide has not been caused by me,but by others,I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would have more respect for a group of Welsh than a group of my teams supporters. Those people have basically said we are quite happy to stay at Sixfields,there can be no other explanation no matter how much you like to gloss over it and how many excuses you make. Your humble pie comment is quite frankly crass and something you're becoming expert at and sticking a wink at the end of various statements is in no way disguising your true intention.

Last night was a chance for real fan unity, a certain group decided they didn't want it there is only one question to ask and that is.....why?

Great post on all aspects.

Nick

Administrator
So where was the unity last night at the match then Nick? You still don't understand or don't want to understand why people are angry about last night. Yes I went over the top I admit it,it happens every now and again especially when an idiot winds me up. I'msorry if my language upset anyone but I'm not sorry for the sentiment. The divide has not been caused by me,but by others,I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would have more respect for a group of Welsh than a group of my teams supporters. Those people have basically said we are quite happy to stay at Sixfields,there can be no other explanation no matter how much you like to gloss over it and how many excuses you make. Your humble pie comment is quite frankly crass and something you're becoming expert at and sticking a wink at the end of various statements is in no way disguising your true intention.

Last night was a chance for real fan unity, a certain group decided they didn't want it there is only one question to ask and that is.....why?

Yes but to you you are Angry because people didn't do the same as you. I doubt anybody didn't hold up a sign on purpose just to try and get one over or because they love sisu.

Those people haven't said they are happy, just because they didn't hold up a sign. That's why I said maybe find out what is stopping people from protesting or holding up signs inside without having a go at them. Yes you will get one or two people giving it loads but I'm sure some people will give various reasons.

Unity isn't everybody must do what I do to be united, it's discuss and educate rather than having a go because they didn't do as I asked of them.

How do you know there can't be any other explanation? Have you asked? You say one question and why, which is exactly what I'm saying to do.

Why is my humble pie comment crass? If a protest got us back I think I'd need my fair share don't you?

Nick

Administrator
But nick they are just excuses made by people, answers have been given on most if not all of those comments only to be ridiculed by those same posters.

Funny when we ask questions and they are not answered by certain posters that is alright by you. However when others ask and you don't feel they are answered the way you want they are then ridiculed.

I'm not the one getting angry because people didn't do as I asked though am I or because people may see things differently? Find out what is stopping people from protesting, you would be surprised at the amount of people who don't want to speak out, even online on forums etc. Look at how people on twitter act, it's like a witch hunt.

A simple anonymous survey, what's stopping you

skybluetony176

I love the people may see things differently line Nick. Are you really suggesting that some fans don't want Coventry to play in Coventry?

Nick

Administrator
I love the people may see things differently line Nick. Are you really suggesting that some fans don't want Coventry to play in Coventry?

No, I am saying people might not think holding up paper will do anything or even understand why, maybe they aren't as outgoing. I don't know why but they obviously see things differently else they would be on the hill.

Stop making things up that haven't been said.

Astute

So some people think that protesting won't get us anywhere so we shouldn't protest?

No wonder SISU have found it so easy to destroy our club.

letsallsingtogether

I'm not the one getting angry because people didn't do as I asked though am I or because people may see things differently? Find out what is stopping people from protesting, you would be surprised at the amount of people who don't want to speak out, even online on forums etc. Look at how people on twitter act, it's like a witch hunt.

A simple anonymous survey, what's stopping you

Poor response nick even for you so people are scared to respond and give their opinions in case someone they don't know swears at them or calls them a knob?
Utter rubbish if you know the answer then spill the beans?
So you believe we should all just shut up and take it believe me that time is nearly upon us starting to give in one by one.
By the way I do not do Twitter.
And if I knew how to do that anonymous survey I would give it a go.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes but to you you are Angry because people didn't do the same as you. I doubt anybody didn't hold up a sign on purpose just to try and get one over or because they love sisu.

Those people haven't said they are happy, just because they didn't hold up a sign. That's why I said maybe find out what is stopping people from protesting or holding up signs inside without having a go at them. Yes you will get one or two people giving it loads but I'm sure some people will give various reasons.

Unity isn't everybody must do what I do to be united, it's discuss and educate rather than having a go because they didn't do as I asked of them.

How do you know there can't be any other explanation? Have you asked?

Why is my humble pie comment crass? If a protest got us back I think I'd need my fair share don't you?

No I was angry because when I was handing out these signs at the away end the comments I got were fully supportive and showed in conversation with numerous Cardiff fans that they understood the importance. How come they can see it but its got to be spelled out to the very people that are affected,.

How much more education is required Nick,have these people been on an intergalactic voyage for the last 12 to 18 months.

The humble pie is crass commet is because you are insinuating that people will will expect you to take some nothing could be further from the truth not from me anyway.

By the way who was I supposed to ask? Was I supposed to stop people coming past the hill after the game of which there were'nt many anyway and risk confrontation because thats what we do isn't it? There are obviously people on this site that went in and didn't participate have any of them come on and given their reasons?

Nick

Administrator
No I was angry because when I was handing out these signs at the away end the comments I got were fully supportive and showed in conversation with numerous Cardiff fans that they understood the importance. How come they can see it but its got to be spelled out to the very people that are affected,.

How much more education is required Nick,have these people been on an intergalactic voyage for the last 12 to 18 months.

The humble pie is crass commet is because you are insinuating that people will will expect you to take some nothing could be further from the truth not from me anyway.

By the way who was I supposed to ask? Was I supposed to stop people coming past the hill after the game of which there were'nt many anyway and risk confrontation because thats what we do isn't it? There are obviously people on this site that went in and didn't participate have any of them come on and given their reasons?

I don't care if anybody expects me to take some or not, if I have been openly saying I dont believe this will have any affect or disagreeing with somebody I am more than happy to have a huge slice of humble pie if proven wrong. It is not me being crass, just saying I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong and would be the first to say how wrong I was. The same as I was more than happy to if the deal Michael and KCIC put forward had worked after I said it wouldn't.

People don't always come on and give their reasons though out of fear they will just get abused. I am not just saying about this, but I mean in general on any sort of forum etc.

No I am not saying you should have stopped and asked every person coming out of the ground why. There are ways online etc which I will post about in reply to LAST's post ;)

Nick

Administrator
Poor response nick even for you so people are scared to respond and give their opinions in case someone they don't know swears at them or calls them a knob?
Utter rubbish if you know the answer then spill the beans?
So you believe we should all just shut up and take it believe me that time is nearly upon us starting to give in one by one.
By the way I do not do Twitter.
And if I knew how to do that anonymous survey I would give it a go.

I don't know why everybody didn't as I can't speak for them. The thing is not everybody is always as outgoing and as confident as the next person, you can stand on a hill with your arms in the air and sing and shout and fair play but not everybody could do that. Not because they aren't a fan but because they just aren't that person (Nothing against anybody if they can or can't). An example is the ML thing, a couple of people asked to remain nameless for meeting, not because they love him or love SISU or have anything to hide but just because they didn't want the grief.

Some people on Twitter love a witch hunt, people may think here is bad.

I will send you a PM, I am happy to setup an anonymous survey. It is only a free account so can only really get 100 responses but can give it a go to at least why some people haven't / wouldn't protested. Have a think for some questions as well and let me know and I will get one setup and can try and get people to respond.

letsallsingtogether

But we didn't expect everyone to protest thought more would hold up the placards thou.
I know many fans who don't sing at the match and even on the Hill yes that is their right but we only asked them to hold up a piece of paper to show they cared.
Not that hard really.

I don't know why everybody didn't as I can't speak for them. The thing is not everybody is always as outgoing and as confident as the next person, you can stand on a hill with your arms in the air and sing and shout and fair play but not everybody could do that. Not because they aren't a fan but because they just aren't that person (Nothing against anybody if they can or can't). An example is the ML thing, a couple of people asked to remain nameless for meeting, not because they love him or love SISU or have anything to hide but just because they didn't want the grief.

Some people on Twitter love a witch hunt, people may think here is bad.

I will send you a PM, I am happy to setup an anonymous survey. It is only a free account so can only really get 100 responses but can give it a go to at least why some people haven't / wouldn't protested. Have a think for some questions as well and let me know and I will get one setup and can try and get people to respond.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't that hard, I know it isn't that hard and would held up a bit of paper if I had gone. Do I personally think me holding up a bit of paper would change anything? I don't, but I would hold one up as you aren't asking me to stand up and sing a solo song or anything.

My point is just that people may have different reasons which is why I said at least find them out rather than just having a go. (Again, not aimed at you personally).

letsallsingtogether

To be fair not bothered anymore not even bothered with going to MK Dons this year have organised a BBQ instead.
Like I have said to you we are all getting tired with all this shit.
The Club is dying and dying faster then any of us thought...

How many will go to the Ricoh if we were to return next week, most on here but we are in the minority.

It isn't that hard, I know it isn't that hard and would held up a bit of paper if I had gone. Do I personally think me holding up a bit of paper would change anything? I don't, but I would hold one up as you aren't asking me to stand up and sing a solo song or anything.

My point is just that people may have different reasons which is why I said at least find them out rather than just having a go. (Again, not aimed at you personally).

Nick, if the supporters within Sixfields who didn't support the protest had ever shown any sort of initiative themselves to register disgust at the way Sisu and the Football League have Let Down the fans of Coventry City, or to demonstrate within Sixfields that they want to get the Club back to the Ricoh, not joining in this particular protest would not be an issue. But the situation is clear: as long as that group get their football fix they don't appear to give a toss whether it is at Sixfields, the Ricoh or the Fantasy Stadium in Never-Never Land!

This protest was designed to enable everyone to join in, to be non-judgemental about whether you go into Sixfields or not, so that just for once this small minority of the total fan-base could show that they share some of the same values as the majority of CCFC fans. Creating a sense of solidarity was as important as the effect that the protest might have in the media and on those who were the subject of the message. So the failure by a few hundred to take this opportunity demonstrates clearly to me that they don't share those values, we have nothing in common with them, they are supporters of an emergent Franchise Club, not Coventry City.

To be clear, I applaud and thank those that did join in last night, especially those who took extra leaflets from me to distribute inside the ground. I still disagree with their decision to attend games inside Sixfields but at least I could see that they actually care. Unfortunately, it appeared that they were outnumbered by those that don't.

Frisky blue

The reason behind the method of protest. Some people don't do things if they don't believe it will make any difference. Should I protest by cutting the grass in garden with scissors rather than a lawn mower?

To make a decent big protest surely every type of persons way of thinking should be looked at rather than just having a go when people question things?
What the f@@k!

dadgad

Yep. Like I said. Sandwiches short of a picnic.

I guess all those people wasted decades boycotting South African produce in an attempt to secure Nelson Mandela's release and secure equal rights for the black majority. They were just wasting their time according to you, perhaps some just wanted their pictures in the paperr.

As for them poll tax protesters, not a chance they'll ever get that decision overturned and bring down Maggie Thatcher. I'm sure each and every one of them knew 100% that was going to happen otherwise according to you no one would have ever taken part.

I'm now starting to think that the sandwiches which are short of numbers in your picnic are missing the fillings.

I think the vast majority of Cov fans would be better off accepting that there are a tiny minority for whom the light will never come on.

These people will never be the change they want. It's beyond pointless trying to connect with such dead wood.....like asking a post for the time.

Astute

I think the vast majority of Cov fans would be better off accepting that there are a tiny minority for whom the light will never come on.

These people will never be the change they want. It's beyond pointless trying to connect with such dead wood.....like asking a post for the time.

The ones that get me are those that blame everyone but SISU for everything that has gone wrong but when questioned on their views say that we all know SISU are cunts or similar. Or those that blame all of our troubles on the old high rent ignoring the facts that much lower rent offers had been made....or that the rent was the reason our club went tits up although it was about 10% of turnover and the wage bill Was well over 100% of turnover.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact of more than SISU being at fault for the state of our club. But we all need to remember that they have been at our club long enough to sort out the finances. But all they have done is reduced our clubs income by over 90% whilst teducing the wage bill by about the same.

ohitsaidwalker king power

The ones that get me are those that blame everyone but SISU for everything that has gone wrong but when questioned on their views say that we all know SISU are c**** or similar. Or those that blame all of our troubles on the old high rent ignoring the facts that much lower rent offers had been made....or that the rent was the reason our club went tits up although it was about 10% of turnover and the wage bill Was well over 100% of turnover.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact of more than SISU being at fault for the state of our club. But we all need to remember that they have been at our club long enough to sort out the finances. But all they have done is reduced our clubs income by over 90% whilst reducing the wage bill by about the same.

....none as blind as those who cannot see Stu..?

as a reminder.. 10 key facts- source:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ten-key-facts-sisu-vs-7353831

1) A £14.4million loan from Coventry City Council to the Ricoh Arena operating firm ACL in January 2013 was not unlawful state aid.
2) The judge could not say a rational private investor would not have made a similar loan and the council acted “well within the ambit extended to public authorities”.
3) Sisu sought to blame the club’s financial woes on ACL, but the judge said the club sold their right to revenues at the Ricoh Arena “for good consideration”. He also pointed out that when Sisu bought the club they had “full knowledge” of the lack of revenue rights and the contractual commitment to pay ACL £1.3m-a-year in rent.
4) The club’s outgoings on rent were less than ten per cent of the club’s overall expenditure in 2012.
5) The judge said the crisis in ACL was triggered by Sisu refusing to pay rent. He also said £500,000 taken from an escrow and £10,000 costs paid per match was “expenses” and not rent.
6) The judge said the withdrawal of rent was a deliberate strategy by Sisu to “distress ACL’s financial position, with a view to driving down the value of ACL and thus the price of a share in it, which they coveted.”
7) Sisu criticised a £14.4m loan to ACL, which they argued was a failing business. But the judge responded by pointing out Sisu had ploughed £50m into a “hopelessly loss-making football club” in the hope they could make profit by buying into the Arena. He also said Sisu and its investors had “written off” this money.
8) The £14.4m loan made to ACL by the council was likely more than the value of the company - but this was acceptable as it was a long term investment which would see the council make a return.
9) The judge dismissed Sisu’s argument that the council had put policy above financial sense was “misconceived” - pointing out that the council was “entitled - if not bound” to consider politics in its decision-making process.
10) Criticisms of council officers which suggested they had misled councillors ahead of the decision to make the £14.4m loan to ACL were “unfounded”.

at the risk of these comments being construed as "Snidey"(by some).... I'd argue its data that I just cannot get beyond in concluding my own position.

Last edited:

turlykerd

....none as blind as those who cannot see Stu..?

as a reminder.. 10 key facts- source:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ten-key-facts-sisu-vs-7353831

1) A £14.4million loan from Coventry City Council to the Ricoh Arena operating firm ACL in January 2013 was not unlawful state aid.
2) The judge could not say a rational private investor would not have made a similar loan and the council acted “well within the ambit extended to public authorities”.
3) Sisu sought to blame the club’s financial woes on ACL, but the judge said the club sold their right to revenues at the Ricoh Arena “for good consideration”. He also pointed out that when Sisu bought the club they had “full knowledge” of the lack of revenue rights and the contractual commitment to pay ACL £1.3m-a-year in rent.
4) The club’s outgoings on rent were less than ten per cent of the club’s overall expenditure in 2012.
5) The judge said the crisis in ACL was triggered by Sisu refusing to pay rent. He also said £500,000 taken from an escrow and £10,000 costs paid per match was “expenses” and not rent.
6) The judge said the withdrawal of rent was a deliberate strategy by Sisu to “distress ACL’s financial position, with a view to driving down the value of ACL and thus the price of a share in it, which they coveted.”
7) Sisu criticised a £14.4m loan to ACL, which they argued was a failing business. But the judge responded by pointing out Sisu had ploughed £50m into a “hopelessly loss-making football club” in the hope they could make profit by buying into the Arena. He also said Sisu and its investors had “written off” this money.
8) The £14.4m loan made to ACL by the council was likely more than the value of the company - but this was acceptable as it was a long term investment which would see the council make a return.
9) The judge dismissed Sisu’s argument that the council had put policy above financial sense was “misconceived” - pointing out that the council was “entitled - if not bound” to consider politics in its decision-making process.
10) Criticisms of council officers which suggested they had misled councillors ahead of the decision to make the £14.4m loan to ACL were “unfounded”.

at the risk of these comments being construed as "Snidey"(by some).... I'd argue its data that I just cannot get beyond in concluding my own position.

you and your snidey data !!

how dare you bring smug facts into this !!

skybluetony176

No, I am saying people might not think holding up paper will do anything or even understand why, maybe they aren't as outgoing. I don't know why but they obviously see things differently else they would be on the hill.

Stop making things up that haven't been said.

The point of protest is really lost on you. Why would they be on the hill if they saw things differently? Plenty managed to do it within the ground.

Badger

How dare you prejudge people for not holding up a piece of paper which was not available any more.

I arrived early with probably still 10 minutes+ to kick off with the pub still full and had one of the last 3/4 posters. There were not enough for everyone. I am sure that whoever was giving them out will happily confirm that they ran out.

The people around me in Sixfields all sang and joined in with Cardiff's They should be in blue, but there were a lot more of them close together so it obviously looks/sounds better.

The only people who should be moaned about are those who sit at home and do nothing (and the woman who has a go at the people on the hill - I hope it is only 1, I have heard her before)

letsallsingtogether

How dare you prejudge people for not holding up a piece of paper which was not available any more.

I arrived early with probably still 10 minutes+ to kick off with the pub still full and had one of the last 3/4 posters. There were not enough for everyone. I am sure that whoever was giving them out will happily confirm that they ran out.

The people around me in Sixfields all sang and joined in with Cardiff's They should be in blue, but there were a lot more of them close together so it obviously looks/sounds better.

The only people who should be moaned about are those who sit at home and do nothing (and the woman who has a go at the people on the hill - I hope it is only 1, I have heard her before)
TBF I handed out them out to Cardiff fans as I felt uncomfortable handing them out to City fans.
Those that know me know that I am a bit to passionate did not want conflict with fellow supporters.
There were however plenty leaflets left but not sure what time they stopped handing them out.

Badger

TBF I handed out them out to Cardiff fans as I felt uncomfortable handing them out to City fans.
Those that know me know that I am a bit to passionate did not want conflict with fellow supporters.
There were however plenty leaflets left but not sure what time they stopped handing them out.

It is just annoying that when a protest that joins all fans together people have a go and it all goes back to us and them again. This should have been and was mostly a unified protest and it is now being undermined by our own supporters arguing between themselves yet again.

letsallsingtogether

It is just annoying that when a protest that joins all fans together people have a go and it all goes back to us and them again. This should have been and was mostly a unified protest and it is now being undermined by our own supporters arguing between themselves yet again.
That unfortunately is what this situation has caused,
When at the Ricoh some sang Sisu out some didn't but it didn't really matter.
Problem is our current situation has ripped the heart out of the club and more now take sides.

Nick

Administrator
The point of protest is really lost on you. Why would they be on the hill if they saw things differently? Plenty managed to do it within the ground.

Not as much as the point is lost on you, 100 could think something is really bad, the same thing. Not all 100 will react or deal with it the same will they? Doesn't mean they think it is good does it?

LB87ccfc

We have been protesting since Derby at the Ricoh.. where has it got us... no where... Applaud all for trying but we just have not gone about things in a more brutal approach.. ie thousands swamping sixfields for a day, coaches laid on on a saturday, stretching resource, refusing to go in, making external parties begin to think if it is such a good idea after all.

skybluetony176

Not as much as the point is lost on you, 100 could think something is really bad, the same thing. Not all 100 will react or deal with it the same will they? Doesn't mean they think it is good does it?

Doesn't mean that they think it's bad either. Take RFC or Lee Mier or the lady that wished for someone to fall under a lorry for handing out the A4 sheets on Wednesday for example

How would anyone know what the rest of the silent witnesses think if they're not making their feelings known?

ashbyjan

I can confirm that we did run out of leaflets as so many were taken into the ground. Of those going into the ground I would estimate 70% took a leaflet if it was offered, whether this was out of politeness, embarrassment, support or whatever I don't know but many thanked us for the work we were doing etc. There were a few who refused and only one downright unpleasant encounter - but you can't please everyone! From the hill it was difficult to tell just how many in the stand actually did join in because of the distance and the spreadout nature of the fans (900 in a main stand doesn't make much of an impression). The Cardiff fans were all grouped together and therefore it looked more impressive.

I think the protest overall was a success in as much as it got good coverage. I think it did unite many and we should not let a few individuals who didn't join in for whatever reason cause more trouble - I am sure that there are some self annointed "suoerfans" supporting SISU's stance and "superfans" opposing it but at the end of the day all of us simply want this whole mess to be over and the team back at the Ricoh.

For Trust report on protest go to http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/

Badger

I can confirm that we did run out of leaflets as so many were taken into the ground. Of those going into the ground I would estimate 70% took a leaflet if it was offered, whether this was out of politeness, embarrassment, support or whatever I don't know but many thanked us for the work we were doing etc. There were a few who refused and only one downright unpleasant encounter - but you can't please everyone! From the hill it was difficult to tell just how many in the stand actually did join in because of the distance and the spreadout nature of the fans (900 in a main stand doesn't make much of an impression). The Cardiff fans were all grouped together and therefore it looked more impressive.

I think the protest overall was a success in as much as it got good coverage. I think it did unite many and we should not let a few individuals who didn't join in for whatever reason cause more trouble - I am sure that there are some self annointed "suoerfans" supporting SISU's stance and "superfans" opposing it but at the end of the day all of us simply want this whole mess to be over and the team back at the Ricoh.

Thank you Ashyjan. I had thought what a good protest it was until I came on here and read the negative comments but I guess it is just a few who are always negative.

turlykerd

i think alot of the disdain towards people who are attending is this image that they a either showing support for SISU by attending,or actually happy with the current situation.

last night could have done a hell of a lot to prove that wrong and move someway towards unifying City fans with one simple gesture.to hold a piece of A4 for a few seconds... To show the majority that choose to boycott that we are all city fans and our main wish is for cov to play at home.

i think its disgusting that an away set of supporters can do this, and we can't. i was shocked seeing this on TV. i think every single sixfielder who didnt hold up a "let down" sign should hang there head in shame.

i wont speak for others, but my opinion has definitely changed .

im sorry but if you dont want to be treated with disdain, you got a funny way to show it

i stand corrected !

skybluefred

But we didn't expect everyone to protest thought more would hold up the placards thou.
I know many fans who don't sing at the match and even on the Hill yes that is their right but we only asked them to hold up a piece of paper to show they cared.
Not that hard really.

If I sang at a match the heavens would open and the match would be rained off. that doesn't stop me shouting and cheering though.

It has been proven in the high court that our playing at sixfield's is merely an extension of sisu's attempt to distress ACL. Why any self respecting
Coventry City fan would enter sixfield's and thereby help prolong the misery is beyond my knowledge. I do know that a team of wild horses
wouldn't drag me in there.

NorthernWisdom

It has been proven in the high court that our playing at sixfield's is merely an extension of sisu's attempt to distress ACL. Why any self respecting
Coventry City fan would enter sixfield's and thereby help prolong the misery is beyond my knowledge. I do know that a team of wild horses
wouldn't drag me in there.

Because it doesn't.

You are looking for the cause in the wrong place, and thus causing conflict in the wrong place.

Users who are viewing this thread