The Hill (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Every other clubs fans think these protests are a good idea and praise us except the fans of the club it is related to. If you and the others who critisize and need an explanation then I ....doesn't matter

I have said all along fair play to people on the hill, whether they hold up a sign or not. They are doing something and were there rain or shine.

I'm saying maybe interact with people who haven't protested to see why, rather than abuse

wingy

Time for something more extreme ,at least that's how i was feeling last Night ,It's up to us Old Uns

letsallsingtogether

I have said all along fair play to people on the hill, whether they hold up a sign or not. They are doing something and were there rain or shine. Mk

I'm saying maybe interact with people who haven't protested to see why, rather than abuse
Have we not tried that already numerous threads on here about what protests should be done where when etc and then the usual protests don't work comments come out.
But that is OK we will keep going for a bit longer, we are getting bored and tired off all this shit so maybe we should all just keep quiet and let them carry on killing our club soon be nothing to fight for if our owners are not careful.

skybluetony176

No, but so far me cutting the lawn with scissors had achieved just as Much hasn't it?

Who has said that people who go to games are better?

Maybe people are worried about being seen on tv and being threatened by middle aged gimps on twitter also?

Yeah I remember now. The protest at the arsenal game story was binned in favour of you cutting your grass. The CET stopped covering anything to do with fans protest whether that be KXIC or GCBTR. Oh wait thats not how was. Again. Stop talking shit.

Really?

And again. Really?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You seen Shawshank Wingy?

I meant when Red(Morgan Freeman) at his last parole meeting says what he would say to the young man he was? Me if I could go back in time would see me as a four year old and say "if you see your dad and godfather coming up the road saying I think he's old enough to go to the match" then run away as far as you can and hide.

It seems to have been forgotten that a massive amount more of those inside the ground protested, than those who decided it was better to stay at home with a nice mug of Horlicks...

You make a good point & tbf I made a point of thanking those that joined in, see post #3. Many of those staying at home say that is their way of protesting.

Where I have a problem is the few hundred that don't seem to give a damn as long as they get to see the game. They add nothing to the cause of getting the club back to Coventry, even when given the chance to join a protest specifically designed to find common ground despite differences on whether to go into Sixfields.

I don't resort to name-calling so I will just say that I find their whole attitude hugely disappointing and they also Let Down the majority of fellow supporters whether Protestors, Boycotters or those unable to attend for whatever reason.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I remember now. The protest at the arsenal game story was binned in favour of you cutting your grass. The CET stopped covering anything to do with fans protest whether that be KXIC or GCBTR. Oh wait thats not how was. Again. Stop talking shit.

Really?

And again. Really?

Did I say anything about the cet? I said it had achieved the same, unless the protests aim was just to get press coverage rather than get us back?

Steve.B50

I gave out leaflets before the game last night and almost everyone took them and agreed to hold them up.
Personally I think the event and protest got a message out, look at the media coverage. We even had a Dutch TV crew at the game, they are having the start of similar things in Holland and want to try and warn of the issues.

If 150 people on a hill 35 miles away from home had all this publicity imagine the effect if a it had been 1300?

I am well known and proud to be someone who is on the hill on a very regular basis, I have not seen any abuse towards anyone who wants to go and watch the game. If I did see anything I would say something to those involved. On forums things are very different and that's why we have them,everyone has different ideas and we should all respect all points of views.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

You make a good point & tbf I made a point of thanking those that joined in, see post #3. Many of those staying at home say that is their way of protesting.

Where I have a problem is the few hundred that don't seem to give a damn as long as they get to see the game. They add nothing to the cause of getting the club back to Coventry, even when given the chance to join a protest specifically designed to find common ground despite differences on whether to go into Sixfields.

I don't resort to name-calling so I will just say that I find their whole attitude hugely disappointing and they also Let Down the majority of fellow supporters whether Protestors, Boycotters or those unable to attend for whatever reason.

Go on do some name calling after all it makes you feel better :)

Nick

Administrator
Have we not tried that already numerous threads on here about what protests should be done where when etc and then the usual protests don't work comments come out.
But that is OK we will keep going for a bit longer, we are getting bored and tired off all this shit so maybe we should all just keep quiet and let them carry on killing our club soon be nothing to fight for if our owners are not careful.

Not really seen anything asking why wouldn't you protest. It always comes across as do what we say to get respect from other fans. People need to work together rather than just throw abuse about when people don't do as others say for various reasons.

Nick

Administrator
Nick
I gave out leaflets before the game last night and almost everyone took them and agreed to hold them up.
Personally I think the message and protest got a message out, just look at the media coverage. We even had a Dutch TV crew at the game, they are aware they are having the start of su

If people abused you then it's out of order, people could have taken them out of politeness etc. Could maybe do some sort of anonymous survey asking why. Ask why people wouldn't protest inside.

As said, if I was in there I'd have held a bit of paper up, but others obviously had reasons that they didn't and I doubt it was because they love sisu or want to be at sixfields.

If people want to reply with just the protest is shit then they aren't worth listening to.Some would give feedback.

NorthernWisdom

Thing is, there was an awful lot of pre-judging about what people would do, before they even got the chance to do it... or not. Apologies for singling Robo out, but I suspect he's been involved in far more protests than me over this, has been to more games, and has protested when in Sixfields when there. But you could see the pent-up fury desperate to have a go in some.

And we're not in a position where we can afford casualties from friendly fire.

That kind of thing creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are few certainties in all this, but I do know I ain't to blame, pretty sure you're not either ;) so why do we waste our times going round in these circles? What does it serve?

letsallsingtogether

Nick
Personally I think the message and protest got a message out, just look at the media coverage. We even had a Dutch TV crew at the game, they are aware they are having the start of su

And they loved the way we sang for Cardiffs situation.

Hobo

If people abused you then it's out of order, people could have taken them out of politeness etc. Could maybe do some sort of anonymous survey asking why. Ask why people wouldn't protest inside.

As said, if I was in there I'd have held a bit of paper up, but others obviously had reasons that they didn't and I doubt it was because they love sisu or want to be at sixfields.

If people want to reply with just the protest is shit then they aren't worth listening to.Some would give feedback.

You have done your fair share of criticising people who attended the Arsenal Cup game, the Crewe Cup game, and MK Dons league matches.

You didn't suggest an anonymous survey for those fans Nick did you? I haven't got a problem with people having their own opinion. But I get fed up of your fake reasonableness and claimed innocence on certain subjects.

If you ain't prepared to nail your colours to the mast I suggest your opinion is worth nothing.

skybluetony176

Did I say anything about the cet? I said it had achieved the same, unless the protests aim was just to get press coverage rather than get us back?

Off course the aim is to get press coverage. I'm starting to think you're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. It's press coverage that's going to win this battle and the more column inches and the more minutes on TV & radio the quicker the battle can be won. Even sisu understand the power of press coverage. Why do you think they do interviews with the CET & BBC CWR.

Tommystours

Well done to the trust for organising the "protest"
Slightly disappointed we could not fill the coach ,but understand quite a few drove down.i spent a few extra hours in the office making ,photocopying the big banner, let down let down etc, on wallpaper lining paper. Was quite proud when we unrolled it and everyone held it up.made the front page of The Telegraph but as I was on the end they cut me off the photo, even on TV missed me off .all the other photos on twitter and FB , bar one cut me off. I obviously have a face for radio.the banner went viral on twitter and I have had messages from city fans around the world " amazing" not sure how that happened.great fun on the Hill , multi cultural , but not many welsh !! Respect to the Cardiff fans and at least there was some unity. A bit disappointed to the sixfields insiders, but I respect their views. I have friends who go in and they will always be mates.Roll on 23rd for a great day out however many turn up. PUSB.

Nick

Administrator
You have done your fair share of criticising people who attended the Arsenal Cup game, the Crewe Cup game, and MK Dons league matches.

You didn't suggest an anonymous survey for those fans Nick did you? I haven't got a problem with people having their own opinion. But I get fed up of your fake reasonableness and claimed innocence on certain subjects.

If you ain't prepared to nail your colours to the mast I suggest your opinion is worth nothing.

I don't criticize them, look at why I post about them and what I am replying to when I say it ;)

Nick

Administrator
Off course the aim is to get press coverage. I'm starting to think you're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. It's press coverage that's going to win this battle and the more column inches and the more minutes on TV & radio the quicker the battle can be won. Even sisu understand the power of press coverage. Why do you think they do interviews with the CET & BBC CWR.

Surely the aim is to get us back rather than get faces in the paper? How am I sandwiches short? The protests have got press coverage, what's that achieved?

skybluetony176

Surely the aim is to get us back rather than get faces in the paper? How am I sandwiches short? The protests have got press coverage, what's that achieved?

What the hell are you on about? If you only look at pictures while reading the paper that goes a long way to explaining your mentality. Try reading the words underneath. It's achieved our plight not disappearing without a trace and is the only way us fans have of holding those responsible to account in some shape of form. Rob recognised this hence his independent election campaign. The Trust recognise this hence the Wednesday night protest. Michael recognised this hence his numerous campaigns. You don't recognise this hence you're sandwiches short of a picnic.

Nick

Administrator
What the hell are you on about? If you only look at pictures while reading the paper that goes a long way to explaining your mentality. Try reading the words underneath. It's achieved our plight not disappearing without a trace and is the only way us fans have of holding those responsible to account in some shape of form. Rob recognised this hence his independent election campaign. The Trust recognise this hence the Wednesday night protest. Michael recognised this hence his numerous campaigns. You don't recognise this hence you're sandwiches short of a picnic.

Yes but what's that achieved? Has it got us back? Which is the aim? Yes it may give people a way to channel feelings and fair play if it does.

Astute

Ate you saying that we shouldn't try to keep our clubs plight in the media?

What is wrong in not letting the FL and SISU be able to do what they want or to be what is the easiest for them?

What I want the most is that all people that have a share in a football club to be out in the open and not just the 10% of club shares or whatever it is to be published. Would they be happy for people like Joy to destroy clubs on their behalf then?

Nick

Administrator
Ate you saying that we shouldn't try to keep our clubs plight in the media?

What is wrong in not letting the FL and SISU be able to do what they want or to be what is the easiest for them?

What I want the most is that all people that have a share in a football club to be out in the open and not just the 10% of club shares or whatever it is to be published. Would they be happy for people like Joy to destroy clubs on their behalf then?

I am saying that so far the press coverage hasnt achieved anything in terms of bringing us back has it?
Of course I'd be more than happy be proven wrong and we come back because of a protest as I could request They stock large portions of humble pie at games ;)

Sisu and the fl have done what they want, do I agree? Of course not, but neither give a shit.

Protests should all be about unity, but some of them seem to make divides worse when you get people going so mad because somebody didn't hold up a bit of paper.

skybluetony176

Yes but what's that achieved? Has it got us back? Which is the aim? Yes it may give people a way to channel feelings and fair play if it does.

Yep. Like I said. Sandwiches short of a picnic.

I guess all those people wasted decades boycotting South African produce in an attempt to secure Nelson Mandela's release and secure equal rights for the black majority. They were just wasting their time according to you, perhaps some just wanted their pictures in the paperr.

As for them poll tax protesters, not a chance they'll ever get that decision overturned and bring down Maggie Thatcher. I'm sure each and every one of them knew 100% that was going to happen otherwise according to you no one would have ever taken part.

I'm now starting to think that the sandwiches which are short of numbers in your picnic are missing the fillings.

Nick

Administrator
Yep. Like I said. Sandwiches short of a picnic.

I guess all those people wasted decades boycotting South African produce in an attempt to secure Nelson Mandela's release and secure equal rights for the black majority. They were just wasting their time according to you, perhaps some just wanted their pictures in the paperr.

As for them poll tax protesters, not a chance they'll ever get that decision overturned and bring down Maggie Thatcher. I'm sure each and every one of them knew 100% that was going to happen otherwise according to you no one would have ever taken part.

I'm now starting to think that the sandwiches which are short of numbers in your picnic are missing the fillings.

I can't remember saying that no protest in the history of the world had succeeded? I thought we were talking about getting us back to coventry?

This is the problem, some people can only see things through a single view point. They don't have to agree, but at least try and see reasoning rather than fly of the handle and get abusive.

letsallsingtogether

Ah so that is where we got it wrong.
We should have stood in front of the mirror and shouted at ourselves?
Pretend it wasn't happening tell no one and it would have changed overnight by itself.

I might try that tonight get all the others to do the same.

Then again we wouldn't be able to agree whether to do it at bedtime or before breakfast or everyday or just a Saturday. Fuck it do it on my own......I'm sure it will work?

skybluetony176

I am saying that so far the press coverage hasnt achieved anything in terms of bringing us back has it?
Of course I'd be more than happy be proven wrong and we come back because of a protest as I could request They stock large portions of humble pie at games ;)

Sisu and the fl have done what they want, do I agree? Of course not, but neither give a shit.

Protests should all be about unity, but some of them seem to make divides worse when you get people going so mad because somebody didn't hold up a bit of paper.

What divide? Is there at least a 5000 average at suxfields? There's a few stragglers and even less now after Wednesday. I hope all that go in on Saturday have kept hold of their plaques and hold them up again on 35mins. Maybe some of the remaining stragglers will wake up and join in. I won't hold my breath though.

Nick

Administrator
Ah so that is where we got it wrong.
We should have stood in front of the mirror and shouted at ourselves?
Pretend it wasn't happening tell no one and it would have changed overnight by itself.

I might try that tonight get all the others to do the same.

Then again we wouldn't be able to agree whether to do it at bedtime or before breakfast or everyday or just a Saturday. Fuck it do it on my own......I'm sure it will work?

As I said, fair play if that's what people want to do. If it makes them feel better and if we come back because of it I'd happy call for season tickets for life etc and grovel like a bitch. I am also not saying nobody should try, my point is try and see it from how others may think.

letsallsingtogether

I can't remember saying that no protest in the history of the world had succeeded? I thought we were talking about getting us back to coventry?

Nick that is how you sound those are the negative comments we get on here from the same old crew all the time.
Waste of time!
What will it archive?
Who is going to notice!
Who is going to care
Why there!
Why at that time!
Why no media!
Splitting the fans!
No one tells me what to do!
Sisu won't listen!
Sisu don't care!
Trust do nothing!
Trust not fit for protesting!
Trust not fit for not protesting!
Trust should be talking to all sides!
Trust should not talk to anyone!

These are just a hand full of comments that are repeated often.

Yet we are supposed to be the ones dividing the fans.

Sorry but some of you really need to look back at your posts before accusing others of doing this.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

This is the problem, some people can only see things through a single view point. They don't have to agree, but at least try and see reasoning rather than fly of the handle and get abusive.

Your trying to judge the impact of a protest before that protest has concluded. How is that so difficult for you to grasp? Do you think that any of those involved in the protests I have given as examples new with any degree of certainty what influence that protest would have on any outcome. You're missing the point of protest, deliberately I'd guess.

There is only one view. Coventry shouldn't be playing in Northampton for home games. Michael, Rob and the Trust all agree on this and all have played their part in their own way. I'm sorry if you think I'm being abusive I thought I was just stating the obvious.

Nick

Administrator

Nick that is how you sound those are the negative comments we get on here from the same old crew all the time.
Waste of time!
What will it archive?
Who is going to notice!
Who is going to care
Why there!
Why at that time!
Why no media!
Splitting the fans!
No one tells me what to do!
Sisu won't listen!
Sisu don't care!
Trust do nothing!
Trust not fit for protesting!
Trust not fit for not protesting!
Trust should be talking to all sides!
Trust should not talk to anyone!

These are just a hand full of comments that are repeated often.

Yet we are supposed to be the ones dividing the fans.

Sorry but some of you really need to look back at your posts before accusing others of doing this.
So people have asked questions, were they answered to make people see why or were they abused? The genuine questions I mean.

Maybe if they were answered people might understand more and be swayed. I'm not saying try to brainwash, just try to explain what it may achieve, answer people's questions rather than have a go.

I'm not aiming it at you personally by the way.

Nick

Administrator
Your trying to judge the impact of a protest before that protest has concluded. How is that so difficult for you to grasp? Do you think that any of those involved in the protests I have given as examples new with any degree of certainty what influence that protest would have on any outcome. You're missing the point of protest, deliberately I'd guess.

There is only one view. Coventry shouldn't be playing in Northampton for home games. Michael, Rob and the Trust all agree on this and all have played their part in their own way. I'm sorry if you think I'm being abusive I thought I was just stating the obvious.

Sorry, I wasn't saying you were being abusive now I meant in general when somebody has a different view or opinion then try to understand it rather than have a go at them. If they don't do something you tell them, don't have a go, find out why they didn't want to.

Yes, there is one view and one final outcome but not everybody would agree that holding paper up would change it. Instead of having a go, educate them how it could.

Again, when I say you I mean in general.

skybluetony176

So people have asked questions, were they answered to make people see why or were they abused? The genuine questions I mean.

There's only one question. Do you want to see Coventry play it's home games 35 miles away in Northampton.

To be honest the excuses are wearing thin. And the abuse one is about as thin as it gets. Look at the way sisu are abusing your club. This is real abuse and if you love CCFC then they are abusing you. Yet you and a few others ignore that abuse as reason for doing anything while blaming some lesser abuse as a reason for doing nothing. Pathetic.

(edit) I don't know what happened there let's. My comment is @ Nick not you.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So where was the unity last night at the match then Nick? You still don't understand or don't want to understand why people are angry about last night. Yes I went over the top I admit it,it happens every now and again especially when an idiot winds me up. I'msorry if my language upset anyone but I'm not sorry for the sentiment. The divide has not been caused by me,but by others,I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would have more respect for a group of Welsh than a group of my teams supporters. Those people have basically said we are quite happy to stay at Sixfields,there can be no other explanation no matter how much you like to gloss over it and how many excuses you make. Your humble pie comment is quite frankly crass and something you're becoming expert at and sticking a wink at the end of various statements is in no way disguising your true intention.

Last night was a chance for real fan unity, a certain group decided they didn't want it there is only one question to ask and that is.....why?

Users who are viewing this thread