The Hill (1 Viewer)

ccfcrob

Just wanted to say that last night the protest looked and sounded the best it could with nobody there... But the guys (and gals) on the Hill I feel had a much bigger impact... Well done for taking the big banners and it's out their again for the public too see... Lets hope it makes a difference

First of all, thanks to all in the Ground who did join in with the Let Down protest and congratulations for showing solidarity with those on the Hill and the Cardiff fans.

That said, it looked like only a small minority actually made the effort. That I don't understand - unless the majority who attend really are comfortable with Sisu, the Football League and the situation of Coventry City in general.

Meanwhile, up on the Hill it was huge fun and I was proud to stand defiant with people who don't just say they care, but actually show it!

Lots of people on this site denigrate the idea of protesting. Well last night may not change anything of itself, although the publicity has been well worthwhile, but the 150+ who took part definitely feel better for doing so.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

First of all, thanks to all in the Ground who did join in with the Let Down protest and congratulations for showing solidarity with those on the Hill and the Cardiff fans.

That said, it looked like only a small minority actually made the effort. That I don't understand - unless the majority who attend really are comfortable with Sisu, the Football League and the situation of Coventry City in general.

Very strange.

I would have joined in. I'll probably pick and choose a couple of games to go to at Sixfields just because I want to see my team play.

No I'm not a SISU rentboy; I hate all parties involved in this sorry state of affairs!

Ian1779

Perhaps if those that did go to the ground weren't treated with the disdain that they are.. they may be more receptive to joining in the protest.

I don't necessarily mean outside of the ground, but on social media especially.

cornoccfc

Meanwhile, up on the Hill it was huge fun and I was proud to stand defiant with people who don't just say they care, but actually show it!

Lots of people on this site denigrate the idea of protesting. Well last night may not change anything of itself, although the publicity has been well worthwhile, but the 150+ who took part definitely feel better for doing so.

I'll echo that. Make a difference or not, I enjoyed 90 mins of singing and being part of a Coventry City game.

Those who say protesting makes no difference, don't get it!

Monners

Perhaps if those that did go to the ground weren't treated with the disdain that they are.. they may be more receptive to joining in the protest.

Unfortunately, that is on of the problems of social media. Disdain has flown in both directions though to be fair (on this forum anyway - I am not on facebook or twitter et al), which is wrong of course. I wonder how many of those that attend/don't attend actually use social media, and what bearing it would have on any thought of voicing or demostrating a point. A lot of people simply don't like to get involved with anything that they deem may rock the boat.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Perhaps if they protested they might not be "treated with the disdain that they are".

Which is cause and which is effect?

NorthernWisdom

Perhaps if they protested they might not be "treated with the disdain that they are".

Which is cause and which is effect?

All I know is if people kept having a go at me for not doing something, even if I was... then I'd stop soon enough.

The way to persuade is not to have a go.

It is what it is. tbh, I saw a fair few in the ground with posters. How many? Dunno, as the ground wasn't exactly full anyway! I do know there's a few on here said they'd take part, and Robo for one did take part despite saying he wouldn't initially. I'd rather build on that and see it as a positive than knock it back by deciding everybody is the same.

You'll never get everybody roll up for a protest, full stop. And yes, I appreciate there's a conflict, as I do wish more *would* go on a protest, don't get me wrong (I'm imagining the impact if 500-odd had gone on t'hill last night would have been a lot better... would have been better still with a thousand, and so on) and for that matter, I wish a few would all join together to take a banner inside (edgy's thread still not resolved, a year later ;) ). Protesting's not really my style either, I prefer writing things anonymously ;) but at the same time, I wish more would stop criticising and start doing, as we're better off trying to build some momentum than rip it away in some kind of witch hunt.

Edit to clarify the last sentence is not really aimed at you, either :D Was just me :thinking about:

Last edited:

skybluetony176

What a load of bollocks. Our owners have treated us all with disdain yet the tiny minority who are happy to bend over and take it don't like it when the vast majority point out that they are taking it willingly.

Why are they more receptive to sisu who don't take them into consideration while fcuking our club over than they are the SBT for doing what they can to reverse the disdain they are receiving from sisu.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Can't say I disagree with any of that NW.

My comment was very much in response to Ian's. The other side of the story?

Personally I'd prefer it if no Cov fans attended Sixfields, but as far as I'm concerned, it is for each person to do what they believe is right.

ajsccfc

What a load of bollocks. Our owners have treated us all with disdain yet the tiny minority who are happy to bend over and take it don't like it when the vast majority point out that they are taking it willingly.

This isn't true, the 'vast majority' aren't dickheads.

covmark

Why are they more receptive to sisu who don't take them into consideration while fcuking our club over than they are the SBT for doing what they can to reverse the disdain they are receiving from sisu.
When you have the likes of letsallsingtogether coming on here ranting and calling people a 'fuckin disgrace', it deters others from joining in for sure. His user name is as ironic as you can get. Its funny people like you and letsall call for fan unity while giving grief to other fans. You couldnt make it up really.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

When you have the likes of letsallsingtogether coming on here ranting and calling people a 'fuckin disgrace', it deters others from joining in for sure. His user name is as ironic as you can get. Its funny people like you and letsall call for fan unity while giving grief to other fans. You couldnt make it up really.

Yesterday was a one off from Last and especially from me,it was a direct consequence of virtual acceptance of Sixfields by the majority of City fans in there. It was the effect of seeing the majority of Cardiff fans holding up the Let Down sheets and singing They want to go home,while our fans in the main just sat there.

Fan unity? A few weeks ago I said to one of the people on here that goes into Sixfields that I would go inside with him for one game if he stood on the hill withme for one game as per usual there has been no response.

All in all its a good job we have Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon fans to do our protesting for us,perhaps we could ask fans from all the other league clubs to take it in turns so long as WE dont have to do it because it might interfere with us "Just watching the lads" eh. Thats not being made up unbelievable maybe but no tmade up.

turlykerd

i think alot of the disdain towards people who are attending is this image that they a either showing support for SISU by attending,or actually happy with the current situation.

last night could have done a hell of a lot to prove that wrong and move someway towards unifying City fans with one simple gesture.to hold a piece of A4 for a few seconds... To show the majority that choose to boycott that we are all city fans and our main wish is for cov to play at home.

i think its disgusting that an away set of supporters can do this, and we can't. i was shocked seeing this on TV. i think every single sixfielder who didnt hold up a "let down" sign should hang there head in shame.

i wont speak for others, but my opinion has definitely changed .

im sorry but if you dont want to be treated with disdain, you got a funny way to show it

dadgad

Well said.
....protest that endures, is a sure sign that the issue is a just one.
We will in the end.

skybluetony176

I'm not suggesting that they call anyone a disgrace. I'm saying that if they have any concerns about being treated with disdain then they should take it up with the people who are showing them the most, SISU. Instead of blaming others who are taking the same disdain from sisu but not taking it lying down as an excuse for not demonstrating.

It's pretty simple really. You either approve of the move or you think sisu are treating you with disdain. If it's the latter, damn well do some to show your disapproval or don't be surprised when others question why you don't.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Surely it also depends if people really believe the protest will do and the reasons behind it? Persuade people to do it properly, make people believe in it.

skybluetony176

Surely it also depends if people really believe the protest will do and the reasons behind it? Persuade people to do it properly, make people believe in it.

Are you for real?

If people only joined protest if they know they are going to be successful there would never have been a protest at any point anywhere ever.

The reasons behind it? Are you on a fcuking wind up?

Make people believe in it? Are you really suggesting that Coventry fans need educating on where Coventry should be playing home games?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Are you for real?

If people only joined protest if they know they are going to be successful there would never have been a protest at any point anywhere ever.

Make people believe in it? Are you really suggesting that Coventry fans need educating on where Coventry should be playing home games?

ER yes I think so

letsallsingtogether

OK I take it back I'm proud of all of them.
Funny when I get crucified for protests I have done that is OK.
And my attack was after the effect so how did that stop fan unity are they all physic if so when are we going back to the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Are you for real?

The reason behind the method of protest. Some people don't do things if they don't believe it will make any difference. Should I protest by cutting the grass in garden with scissors rather than a lawn mower?

To make a decent big protest surely every type of persons way of thinking should be looked at rather than just having a go when people question things?

ohitsaidwalker king power

The reason behind the method of protest. Some people don't do things if they don't believe it will make any difference. Should I protest by cutting the grass in garden with scissors rather than a lawn mower?

To make a decent big protest surely every type of persons way of thinking should be looked at rather than just having a go when people question things?

Emily Pankhurst..... rest easy in your grave.

Nick

Administrator
Ok tell me how do we do it properly?

There will always be bellends on both sides giving it loads, maybe more of an explanation about the reason behind the method of protest, what is to be achieved by it, what the aim is, how people taking taking part can help, how we should all work together etc.

Not throw them a bit of paper and call them names for not doing it. Not by saying you should do this to get respect from other fans.

I know there is passion behind it just sometimes step back and look how different people may see it.

If somebody had a go at Jan that's not on either.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So in the meantime we have 500 different opinions and we leave it to other clubs fans,perhaps the best thing is for the club to die a quick death now before we embarrass ourselves any further.

Nick

Administrator
So in the meantime we have 500 different opinions and we leave it to other clubs fans,perhaps the best thing is for the club to die a quick death now before we embarrass ourselves any further.

There will always be different opinions, so listen to them. Why wouldnt people hold up a bit of paper. Are they shy? Are they scared? Do they not believe it will change anything? Do they think sisu are amazing? Did people get confused about when it should been? Were people worried about it being a crap crowd and standing out?

skybluetony176

Do sisu inspect your lawn? No. Well stop talking shit then.

No one is stopping anyone doing an individual protest are they? I thought one of the things that made people who go into suxfields batter than the majority of us was because they can think for themselves? No one (except themselves) is stopping those that go in getting together while they're all in one place and coming up with a protest that won't hurt their feelings.

Nick

Administrator
Do sisu inspect your lawn? No. Well stop talking shit then.

No one is stopping anyone doing an individual protest are they? I thought one of the things that made people who go into suxfields batter than the majority of us was because they can think for themselves? No one (except themselves) is stopping those that go in getting together while they're all in one place and coming up with a protest that won't hurt their feelings.

No, but so far me cutting the lawn with scissors had achieved just as Much hasn't it?

Who has said that people who go to games are better?

Maybe people are worried about being seen on tv and being threatened by middle aged gimps on twitter also?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There will always be bellends on both sides giving it loads, maybe more of an explanation about the reason behind the method of protest, what is to be achieved by it, what the aim is, how people taking taking part can help, how we should all work together etc.

Not throw them a bit of paper and call them names for not doing it. Not by saying you should do this to get respect from other fans.

I know there is passion behind it just sometimes step back and look how different people may see it.

If somebody had a go at Jan that's not on either.

Every other clubs fans think these protests are a good idea and praise us except the fans of the club it is related to. If you and the others who critisize and need an explanation then I ....doesn't matter

Users who are viewing this thread