The Gigs Thread (1 Viewer)

wingy

Anyone going to see Fish at the Assembly rooms Sunday Night? B-)

Captain Dart

Johnnythespider

Just had an e-mail announcing Simple Minds and the Pretenders will be playing at Butts Park on Aug 18th next year. Special guest K.T.Tunstall tickets on sale Wednesday, think I will go to this.

skybluetony176

Not music but I watched Greg Davies last night in Northampton. Very funny guy. IF you can get a ticket to any of his shows I highly recommend it.

Adge

Def Leppard back on the road again. Hysteria tour. Jeez-30 years ago that album was and what a belter it was too!

CJ_covblaze

Going to see Jake Bugg tonight at Warwick Arts Centre.

wingy

The Stones
Who's going, get your walking sticks ready.
Hope there are plenty of paramedics on hand.
Unconfirmed by Stones website or the Ricoh ,but all over the CT.
I did miss them late seventies when I had the chance, what a mug.

Frank Sidebottom

The Stones
Who's going, get your walking sticks ready.
Hope there are plenty of paramedics on hand.
Unconfirmed by Stones website or the Ricoh ,but all over the CT.
I did miss them late seventies when I had the chance, what a mug.
Very tempting but £100 to stand near the back seems a bit steep.

clint van damme

I'm sure they have to put a few hundred volts through Charlie Watt to get him moving these days.

think this will be the last time if you'll excuse the pun. Don't think they'll tour again after this. Be a miracle if they're all still with us.

CJ_covblaze

2nd June. Same day as the Nigeria game :-(

Johnnythespider

Is anybody going to the biggest weekend, I see they've added Liam Gallagher and the Stereophonics to the Sunday.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve heard the stones gig is sponsored by Horlick and worthers original

Been told the cheapest ticket is £60

Paul Anthony

Bit of an odd story to tell.

Back in 2009 my friend got us tickets to go and see Dio in Birmingham. We never got to go, because he cancelled all his dates. A few months later, he was diagnosed with cancer. He never played live (at least in person) again, before he passed away.

A few days ago, my stepdad's unit suffered a burst pipe on a pretty major scale. All his business stock was destroy. It actually put him out of business, such was the devastation it caused. It also hit some of our boxes of personal stuff we've had stored over there.

When we went to check it, I found one of the boxes that had been water damaged had some of my stuff in. We open it, check through it, and find it has all my saved concert tickets. And to my utter amazement, I reach in and produce my unused Dio ticket, completely unharmed and bone dry from a rather saturated cardboard box.

That ticket has a charmed life. If only Dio had been so invincible...

wingy

Bit of an odd story to tell.

Back in 2009 my friend got us tickets to go and see Dio in Birmingham. We never got to go, because he cancelled all his dates. A few months later, he was diagnosed with cancer. He never played live (at least in person) again, before he passed away.

A few days ago, my stepdad's unit suffered a burst pipe on a pretty major scale. All his business stock was destroy. It actually put him out of business, such was the devastation it caused. It also hit some of our boxes of personal stuff we've had stored over there.

When we went to check it, I found one of the boxes that had been water damaged had some of my stuff in. We open it, check through it, and find it has all my saved concert tickets. And to my utter amazement, I reach in and produce my unused Dio ticket, completely unharmed and bone dry from a rather saturated cardboard box.

That ticket has a charmed life. If only Dio had been so invincible...
It's a shame you never got to see him and really Sorry to hear about your stepdads misfortune.

Paul Anthony

It's a shame you never got to see him and really Sorry to hear about your stepdads misfortune.

Thanks Wingy. I think he's more upset about it than he let's on.

I was gutted when the Dio tour got cancelled. He was the biggest one I wanted to cross off the list after Maiden. Some things just aren't meant to be I guess.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going to see Jon Richardson tonight, looking forward to that

CJ_covblaze

Bumberclart

The Wonder Stuff and Ned's Atomic Dustbin were both excellent last night.
As expected, I'm suffering today. I have aches in places I didn't know I had places.

Users who are viewing this thread