The Gigs Thread (2 Viewers)

PurpleBin

Going to see Nick Cave in Brum in May. Also have tickets to see The Monochrome Set here in Hampshire in June.

Have you heard the Murder Capital? I only ask as theres a song "How the Streets Adore me Now" by them which I was listening to just there that sounds like Nick Cave...Well, I've not listed to much Nick Cave but I think it' similar!

mrtrench

Have you heard the Murder Capital? I only ask as theres a song "How the Streets Adore me Now" by them which I was listening to just there that sounds like Nick Cave...Well, I've not listed to much Nick Cave but I think it' similar!

I haven't, I'll listen tomorrow.

mrtrench

Not hearing Nick Cave in this. It actually reminds me more of a song from the second Sweet Billy Pilgrim album - 'Twice Born Men' - possibly 'Longshore Drift'... cannot find the track I'm thinking of immediately. And also shades of Labradford possibly?

CovUpNorth

About 6 years now mate in Cressington. Well, on the border of Cressington, Aigburth and Garston but Cressington sounds better than Garston ha.
Where abouts were you?
Cressington sounds and looks better than Garston.
Wavertree to start with (student days), then Aigbirth/ Sefton Park area. Had a great time there but moved to Wigan area about 7 years ago.
I used to know of some Cov fans in Liverpool, one was called Matt, not sure if you’ve come across him?

PurpleBin

Cressington sounds and looks better than Garston.
Wavertree to start with (student days), then Aigbirth/ Sefton Park area. Had a great time there but moved to Wigan area about 7 years ago.
I used to know of some Cov fans in Liverpool, one was called Matt, not sure if you’ve come across him?

Ah not too far away!

I've not mate. Well, after the Checkatrade final there were a couple on the train back but I never kept contact.

Are you in the NW City supporters chat on whats app?

CovUpNorth

Ah not too far away!

I've not mate. Well, after the Checkatrade final there were a couple on the train back but I never kept contact.

Are you in the NW City supporters chat on whats app?
I am yes, hoping it’ll take off, something I’ve wanted to be a part of for a long time. Rochdale away should be my first meet-up with them. How about you?

PurpleBin

I am yes, hoping it’ll take off, something I’ve wanted to be a part of for a long time. Rochdale away should be my first meet-up with them. How about you?

Yeah, I'm in. Hoping to be at Rochdale but I'm meant to be in Leeds that night for some sort of "couples night out" Urgh...

Are you down there for the Blues game? I didnt go the game for years so lost touch with a lot so I generally go alone so hoping it takes off and we can meet up every now and then.

CovUpNorth

Yeah, I'm in. Hoping to be at Rochdale but I'm meant to be in Leeds that night for some sort of "couples night out" Urgh...

Are you down there for the Blues game? I didnt go the game for years so lost touch with a lot so I generally go alone so hoping it takes off and we can meet up every now and then.
Hope it’s not a swinging party!!!

I have a ticket for the Birmingham game, need to collect it down in Coventry as my brother in law bought it, so not 100% certain on plans!!

Last edited:

chiefdave

Booked my tickets for Crash Test Dummies in Manchester.

Very excited for this one, 19 years since they last played here. Considering doing the London show as well.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Just discovered the Melon Yellow festival up here in Liverpool has been cancelled.....really should check my gmails more....

ARRGGHHHH this is a fucking shitty day...

chiefdave

Exciting project. Be interesting to know what state the building is in and how much, if anything, of the old cinema is left. Can't really remember what changes they made to convert it into JJB sports.

Fact of the day this venue was built as a replacement for the old ABC Empire that was demolished as part of the Hertford Street redevelopment. Really should have been kept, was a beautiful building and auditorium but it was decided to demolish it in 71 so the road could be widened and pedestrianised.

Otis

For anyone who is interested, and God bless those lovely Elbow boys, on their YouTube channel they are asking for fan requests for songs and then are all getting together via video conferencing to play the requested songs to their fans and the public in general.

How cool is that!

clint van damme

Exciting project. Be interesting to know what state the building is in and how much, if anything, of the old cinema is left. Can't really remember what changes they made to convert it into JJB sports.

Fact of the day this venue was built as a replacement for the old ABC Empire that was demolished as part of the Hertford Street redevelopment. Really should have been kept, was a beautiful building and auditorium but it was decided to demolish it in 71 so the road could be widened and pedestrianised.

Remember the all nighters at the ABC. What a laugh they were

wingy

Read the other day that when all of this is over he's also opening back up the Tiger Moth.
Ah .
Didn't realise it was the same guy.
I really do like the sound of this expansion.
Give us the chance to get some more regular decent artists coming to town

Users who are viewing this thread