The Final Run In (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

The only team in our run in that worries me is Peterborough.

I seriously don't think we are going to lose for the rest of the season

Liquid Gold

Ipswich out of form
Shrews nothing to play for
Lincoln nothing to play for
Always beat Wycombe
Accrington little to play for/have a better pitch

If we can keep our form going over the next 5 we could be in touching distance with games to spare and some tougher fixtures.

Astute

Fleetwood, no chance. Ipswich have blown it. Wycombe, no chance.
I see Rotherham slipping up and think it will be Portsmouth or yes, Sunderland in behind us.
Fleetwood no chance? How have you worked that one out? Been calling them as the team to come from nowhere for weeks. Have you not noticed their recent form?

H Coventry D
H Doncaster W
A Wimbledon W
A Wycombe W
H Peterborough W
H Portsmouth W
A Sunderland D

Sunderland equalised in the 97th minute. Fleetwood had the lead for 92 minutes.

Look at the teams they have played. Would have been delighted to get them results if it was us. If they win their two games in hand they will be 1 point behind Rotherham. They have Portsmouth again and Rotherham. Then much easier than their last 7 games.

lifeskyblue

No game will be easy from here on in. Teams either have chance of playoffs/promotion, trying to avoid relegation. For those with ‘nothing to play for’ we will still be a big scalp as they try and knock us off top spot.

Keep the concentration and discipline we have shown and we should be ok...but nothing will be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Fleetwood no chance? How have you worked that one out? Been calling them as the team to come from nowhere for weeks. Have you not noticed their recent form?

H Coventry D
H Doncaster W
A Wimbledon W
A Wycombe W
H Peterborough W
H Portsmouth W
A Sunderland D

Sunderland equalised in the 97th minute. Fleetwood had the lead for 92 minutes.

Look at the teams they have played. Would have been delighted to get them results if it was us. If they win their two games in hand they will be 1 point behind Rotherham. They have Portsmouth again and Rotherham. Then much easier than their last 7 games.

Its not a 'work out' thing, just a feeling I subscribe to. They have a volatile manager and the pressure will be on them. They have had a good run but feel that can't be sustained while other bigger clubs like Sunderland and Pompey are in there. Imho just don't see it.

torchomatic

I reckon:

1 - Ipswich =65

3 - Shrewsbury =68

3 - Lincoln =71

1 - Wycombe = 72

3 - Accrington =75

1 - Peterborough = 76

3 - Gillingham =79

1 - Oxford = 80

3 - Blackpool = 83 *confirmed promotion day*

This is, of course, subject to being totally incorrect.

scottccfc

I reckon:

1 - Ipswich =65

3 - Shrewsbury =68

3 - Lincoln =71

1 - Wycombe = 72

3 - Accrington =75

1 - Peterborough = 76

3 - Gillingham =79

1 - Oxford = 80

only one id change is 1 point against Wycombe! that's got to be all 3 points against them! we are a real bogey side for them!

torchomatic

only one id change is 1 point against Wycombe! that's got to be all 3 points against them! we are a real bogey side for them!

True, but I think we'll drop points somewhere along the way. We might even lose yet, so have to factor that in there too. I think Peterborough will be the toughest remaining game.

robbiethemole

I reckon:

1 - Ipswich =65

3 - Shrewsbury =68

3 - Lincoln =71

1 - Wycombe = 72

3 - Accrington =75

1 - Peterborough = 76

3 - Gillingham =79

1 - Oxford = 80

what about the other two games? shall we lose them?

torchomatic

Maintain the pattern through to the end,
comes up with the poetic total of 87.

Wouldn't that be something, Wingy?

Portsmouth have quite a tough run in.

Based on that handy info-graphic and each teams respective fixtures, by the time Peterborough visit St Andrews in four weeks time, City could have a really nice buffer at the top, but only if they get the expected points return (2PPG) from the next five games. During that time all the promotion chasing teams are playing against each other 2-3 times and points will be dropped across the board. Just need to stick the "one game at a time" mentality for a few more games and could well be heading into the "harder games" only needing a draw at home to maintain a gap while Posh, Oxford etc need to go away from home and open up and chase the win.

stupot07

Right, I've gone through all the remaining fixtures and mapped them for the current top 6.
Normal is home game
Italics away game
Red are against other top 6 teams
Blue are games against current bottom 6
We will catch up with Rotherham with games in hand after the Wycome game on 24th March.
View attachment 14253

Updated. 03/03/20
I've updated the table.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rob S

I didn't spot this stickied post until after I'd posted in the other one so I'll re-post here. I reckon 85 points. 86 would be just above average but points are spread around more amongst the top teams this season.

will-coventry-city-get-promoted.png

Fergusons_Beard

fcd3364f72f2d9ba0fe0e07d5b7cdabf.plist

Takes a look at how hard our run in is compared to League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Astute

fcd3364f72f2d9ba0fe0e07d5b7cdabf.plist

Takes a look at how hard our run in is compared to League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How hard?

Inform teams.
Fleetwood, Sunderland and Portsmouth. Just played all 3. Don't have to play them again. Shame as we got 7 points from them.

Games remaining.

Ipswich A 9th and falling.
Shrewsbury H 15th
Lincoln A 17th
Wycombe H 4th and falling. Beat them 4-1 at their place. Deserved the win
Stanley A 16th

Don't see a defeat in any of them games.

Remaining games.

8th, 11th, 7th, 13th,12th, 19th.

So only 1 game out of 11 against a side presently in the top 6.

Gazolba

All these projections are based on past performance but there is no guarantee that future results will reflect that.
That's the accountant in me speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread