The Final Run In (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

For Sunderland to get 88 points they need to win 10 and draw 1 of their last 12 games.
Rotherham need to with 9 and draw 1 of 12 games
We need to win 9 and draw 1 of 13 games

if we all do that we deserve to go up automatically.

If Sunderland lose tonight they have to go unbeaten to the end of the season
And because of that I think 84 is still sensible for automatics and that’s 8 wins out of 13 for us and 8 wins out of 12 for Rotherham and 9 out of 12 for Sunderland

For instance Peterborough to reach 84 need to win 10 out of 11

hill83

Not even nervous

giphy.gif

covcity4life

League One - Table calculator

one for you all to try
I had us 2nd on 85 points

you have to go back to previous weeks, to find the games that were initially postponed
1 Coventry City 44 23 18 3 67:41 26 87
1587.gif
Rotherham United 44 25 11 8 83:43 40 86
1844.gif
Sunderland AFC 44 24 13 7 69:36 33 85
1463.gif
Peterborough United 44 25 8 11 92:47 45 83
1491.gif
Portsmouth FC 44 24 10 10 69:43 26 82
2161.gif
Wycombe Wanderers 44 22 13 9 59:48 11 79

Thats with us drawing rotheram Sunderland,gills,ipswhich,pboro and oxford

So 6 draws and 7 wins

Magwitch

For Sunderland to get 88 points they need to win 10 and draw 1 of their last 12 games.

And have to play Rotherham last match.

Philosorapter

Ha thanks I've figured it out
Are we missing the one where it indicates the 3 ,scenarios based on the.?xg

Nothing to do with xG. Not a big fan of xG to be honest. My philosophy has always been that every position within a game has its own uniqueness. Whilst xG measures against trends, I'm a great believer in looking for the uniqueness in every position which increases the chances to win.

Zero sum and all that.

Whilst football is not zero sum by the nature of the game I would believe it has many characteristics of a zero sum game.

One side has the ball so they have the potential to attack and visa versa etc.

xG just seems to be a way to ground a beginning of what I would call an end game database by measuring a shots scoring potential etc.

Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

My son and I were discussing scenarios last night and we decided this was what we didn’t want. Imagine them only needing a draw to both get promoted. Ha ha.

Thing is if we were in that position we’d all have nothing against it. Let’s not give them the chance

wingy

Nothing to do with xG. Not a big fan of xG to be honest. My philosophy has always been that every position within a game has its own uniqueness. Whilst xG measures against trends, I'm a great believer in looking for the uniqueness in every position which increases the chances to win.

Zero sum and all that.

Whilst football is not a zero sum by the nature of the game I would believe it has many characteristics of a zero sum game.

One side has the ball so they have the potential to attack and visa versa etc.

xG just seems to be a way to ground a beginning of what I would call an end game database.
Yeah you usually indicate win draw defeat numbers that will effect the current 1705.
So what's up for grabs?

stupot07

To be fair all 3 of us have won 9, drawn 2 and lost 1 of our last 12 games. Your above Scenario is not beyond the realms of realistic expectations

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
dfd613aad18557df92dcecbdf1afba94.jpg

Philosorapter

Yeah you usually indicate win draw defeat numbers that will effect the current 1705.
So what's up for grabs?

Rotherham is kind of interesting. They had a weighting on (1500) at the start of the season because they were new to the division. Also, given that they haven't drawn many games it's probably the one team which the system measures less accurately.

Londonccfcfan

1 Coventry City 44 23 18 3 67:41 26 87
1587.gif
Rotherham United 44 25 11 8 83:43 40 86
1844.gif
Sunderland AFC 44 24 13 7 69:36 33 85
1463.gif
Peterborough United 44 25 8 11 92:47 45 83
1491.gif
Portsmouth FC 44 24 10 10 69:43 26 82
2161.gif
Wycombe Wanderers 44 22 13 9 59:48 11 79

Thats with us drawing rotheram Sunderland,gills,ipswhich,pboro and oxford

So 6 draws and 7 wins
I like how we win it with 87 points. 87 is unlucky for some. But a lucky number for us!

Gazolba

You can't assume games against lower-level teams will necessarily be easier.
The teams at the bottom will be scrapping to avoid relegation, which is just as much an incentive as trying to make the play-offs.
I still think our lack of goal-scoring could come back to bite us.
Sunderland are going to force their way into the top two, so we need to keep pace with them and Rotherham.

ccfcricoh

The teams at the bottom will be scrapping to avoid relegation, which is just as much an incentive as trying to make the play-offs.
Sunderland are going to force their way into the top two, so we need to keep pace with them and Rotherham.
I do agree with you, but, i think Tranmere, Southend and Bolton are already doomed and Wimbledon will be safe by the time we play them, so no teams scrapping for points.

steve cooper

Who do we play that are likely to be involved in a relegation scrap?

Astute

People keep thinking Wycombe are going to fall away but in truth they haven't and have a favourable run in!
They were out clear at the top of the table. They have lost 7 and drawn 1 in their last 13 games. They have scored 14 goals but let in 23 goals in this time. Yes just 16 points in the last 13 games and -9 goals.

Warwickhunt

Gillingham holds the key methinks! The fat controller has got them working in a we shall not lose mindset and they play us, Rotherham & Sunderland.

Sky Blue Pete

So still 84 we need 20 from 11.

Rotherham - 22 from 10
Portsmouth - 25 from 11
Wycombe - 25 from 10
Sunderland - 26 from 10
Oxford - 27 from 10
Peterboro - 28 from 10

And teams are playing each other

Frank Sidebottom

So still 84 we need 20 from 11.

Rotherham - 22 from 10
Portsmouth - 25 from 11
Wycombe - 25 from 10
Sunderland - 26 from 10
Oxford - 27 from 10
Peterboro - 28 from 10

And teams are playing each other
We'll get 25-30, No sweat.... might drop points at Wimbledon, But we'll be promoted by then.

MalcSB

Since the table was produced, we have 4 points from two games, Rotherham 2 points, Wycombe nil point and Sunderland 1 point (tee hee). And our four points were against two “red teams” ( as were Sunderland’s one). We are doing well.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Fleetwood have Ipswich midweek, let’s hope that’s a tough draw for both and I think Fleetwood have another tough one midweek the week after, they’re a canny tactical side, if they win those games then I think they could make close to autos.

Paxman II

Fleetwood, no chance. Ipswich have blown it. Wycombe, no chance.
I see Rotherham slipping up and think it will be Portsmouth or yes, Sunderland in behind us.

Users who are viewing this thread