The Final Run In (2 Viewers)

Philosorapter

Just take one game at a time. Everything else which goes on in the league is academic.

In the same way the graph type thing shows Coventry's path throughout the season, it's not rocket science to do the same with every other team in the mix as well.

Just very time consuming.

To quote a phrase. There are a lot of known unknowns.

It's way too early yet to begin looking at everyone else, and you can only affect the games which you play in.

It's good fun though.

Philosorapter

i would add that if we are looking to be champions then we do need to build a points cushion on second place but that goes without saying.

Everyone is going to slip up.

Last years winners won on 1720 ish rating points. We are around there at the moment. Second was around 1700 rating points.

Speedies_Chips

It's in are,

giphy.gif
our

steve cooper

One good thing is we don't play anyone who needs the points to stay up, except possibly (though unlikely) Wimbledon on the last day. Other than that, the lowest teams we play are Shrewsbury and Blackpool, both currently 15 points clear of the drop zone. It's looking like mid 30's will be enough to avoid relegation.

cc84cov

Who cares who we play we’ve lost 3 all season & seemed to have fully hit top gear 5 on the bounce

I fear no one in this league !

wingy

It also says we have a 78% chance of promotion. We can argue the toss about the validity of statistical models like this, but that figure certainly suggests we aren’t being over optimistic with our talk of titles and promotions.

Strange feeling!
Only as good as the data input.
Must be pretty decent!!

skybluesam66

You find the latest thing, which in my opinion, whatever that's worth, is at the cutting edge in a particular area of sports stats from the net, then post it on a fan site and stand well back. :)
I think what the poster was saying, is that such a chart without a key to the colours is meaningless
so may be at the cutting edge, but presentation is at primary school :)

Liquid Gold

A few weeks ago we said 83 would probably do it this year but I'm starting to feel like that won't be enough. A few teams are really kicking into gear now, us included.

stupot07

A few weeks ago we said 83 would probably do it this year but I'm starting to feel like that won't do it. A few teams are really kicking into gear now, us included.
I think autos are going to be about 88-90 points now. Literally us, rotherham and sunderland have been going at it toe-to-toe, matching each other for point for point over the last 12 games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

The thing is with this league, it's close because anyone can beat anyone. I like to see this table laid out with the other teams and their run ins and whilst I think ours looks like one of the toughest run ins, there's going to be unexpected results along the way.

People saying how good Sunderland are...the lost to Pompey at the start of the month and apparently it should've been 4-0 (as opposed to 2-0). Pompey, despite being fairly lofty in the table, are playing some poor football but are grinding out results. The two most consistent teams are us and Rotherham...tonight is such a massive game. But as for the rest of the run in, I'm not bothering myself about what the others do.

It's in our hands...I think we can do this!!!

covcity4life

I think autos are going to be about 88-90 points now. Literally us, rotherham and sunderland have been going at it toe-to-toe, matching each other for point for point over the last 12 games.

Agree bit form changes. Ours included

If we can get 7 or 8 wins it may ebd up being ebough og subderland or rotheram pick up a few draws instead of wins down the stretch

Sky Blue Pete

For Sunderland to get 88 points they need to win 10 and draw 1 of their last 12 games.
Rotherham need to with 9 and draw 1 of 12 games
We need to win 9 and draw 1 of 13 games

if we all do that we deserve to go up automatically.

If Sunderland lose tonight they have to go unbeaten to the end of the season

Users who are viewing this thread