The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (14 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyblueinBaku

Yes.

Laws
We make our own laws and have a sovereign parliament for doing so.
As long as those laws do not conflict with EU law, in which case EU law has supremacy.

SkyblueBazza

Far more sinister tones on the various social medias stating poll tax riots will be nothing compared to Brexit being overturned.
i went on poll tax marches and they were horrendous.
Sensing the mood is what politicians or their aides at least SHOULD excel at. Let us hope they get it right, & act accordingly to avoid such issues...but deliver the best solution for the nation (which may in the grand scheme NOT be what I or anyone else on here have even considered. Strategic planning for a nation looks 50+ yrs ahead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

As long as those laws do not conflict with EU law, in which case EU law has supremacy.

Most of our laws are in line with European Council law and have been since we helped found it after WW2. Something like 72 European Council member countries has also done this for the most part if not in it’s entirety and obviously not all 72 countries are EU members. The EU has for the most part adopted these same laws simply because it’s already a line in the sand that it’s members has unilaterally drawn together.

European Council laws will still have supremacy when we leave the EU and those laws will be the same as the EU’s. Don’t be expecting anything to change once we leave because it’s highly unlikely unless we leave the European Council. Which we won’t. We’ll still be mirroring EU law in 40 years time.

skyblueinBaku

Most of our laws are in line with European Council law and have been since we helped found it after WW2. Something like 72 European Council member countries has also done this for the most part if not in it’s entirety and obviously not all 72 countries are EU members. The EU has for the most part adopted these same laws simply because it’s already a line in the sand that it’s members has unilaterally drawn together.

European Council laws will still have supremacy when we leave the EU and those laws will be the same as the EU’s. Don’t be expecting anything to change once we leave because it’s highly unlikely unless we leave the European Council. Which we won’t. We’ll still be mirroring EU law in 40 years time.
I thought that the European Council was created in 1974, and not a body that we helped create 'after WW2'.

Captain Dart

This is how to get people behind Brexit. Say if we leave we have a Brexit Day bank holiday every year.
I have an idea. We can burn an effigy of an EU president or chancellor/president/pm and let off a load of fireworks on that day.

Brighton Sky Blue

So ALL humour is suspended?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Of course not. Making comments about blowing up Parliament on the other hand...

But in this day and age ‘wouldn’t it be good if someone...’ can get a lunatic thinking about carrying it out. Take Alex Jones inspiring a shooting at a restaurant because he said Clinton was orchestrating a child abuse ring there.

It’s bloody stupid

martcov

I have an idea. We can burn an effigy of an EU president or chancellor/president/pm and let off a load of fireworks on that day.

I have a better idea. Put the lying scum Farage ( effigy ) on top and burn it for getting the UK into this mess and dividing the country. BTW, the NZ terrorist was a Brexit fan. No surprise there. As are people who are trying to play it down by blame sharing with Muslim terrorism. Why do you think far right people lean towards hate and division? My theory: it is easy to trigger „us and them“. Push the fear or abhorrence buttons which we all have for survival purposes, and you are on your way to power and/ or money. See Farage, Bannon and Tommy Robinson. They are making a good living by pushing buttons. Not to mention Trump.

martcov

Of course not. Making comments about blowing up Parliament on the other hand...

But in this day and age ‘wouldn’t it be good if someone...’ can get a lunatic thinking about carrying it out. Take Alex Jones inspiring a shooting at a restaurant because he said Clinton was orchestrating a child abuse ring there.

It’s bloody stupid

I would add: and dangerous.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have a better idea. Put the lying scum Farage ( effigy ) on top and burn it for getting the UK into this mess and dividing the country. BTW, the NZ terrorist was a Brexit fan. No surprise there. As are people who are trying to play it down by blame sharing with Muslim terrorism. Why do you think far right people lean towards hate and division? My theory: it is easy to trigger „us and them“. Push the fear or abhorrence buttons which we all have for survival purposes, and you are on your way to power and/ or money. See Farage, Bannon and Tommy Robinson. They are making a good living by pushing buttons. Not to mention Trump.

Should Mart be arrested for the top comment?

Right wingers think emotionally and believe emphatic delivery and ‘tough talk’ over substance.

Astute

Give 3 examples and say why they are bad
Because we have to follow them but the EU themselves can ignore and break them. And when caught out they still continue to ignore them. And when the rest of the people in the EU other than those at the top even have a go at them they still ignore them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Because we have to follow them but the EU themselves can ignore and break them. And when caught out they still continue to ignore them. And when the rest of the people in the EU other than those at the top even have a go at them they still ignore them.

Laws like

Being able to send immigrants back after a fixed time

Working hours directives

Drinking water regulations

Same question to you...

tisza

Council of Europe laws not binding. There to enforce treaties etc.
Many non-eu members who are not mirroring EU law. Don't think Russia cares too much about EU law when they create legislation

martcov

Facts not sweeping inaccurate statements.

Astute

Laws like

Being able to send immigrants back after a fixed time

Working hours directives

Drinking water regulations

Same question to you...
All countries have problems sending anyone back.

It is easy to opt.out of the working hours directive.

How many countries in the EU have water as good as ours to drink straight from the tap?

Astute

Facts not sweeping inaccurate statements.
Sweeping inaccurate statements?

Are you yet again going to try and defend the appointment of Selmayr when you know 100% it was against EU rules, EU regulations and EU law when the EU appointed him?

Then we have people like yourself tell us how great EU law, rules and regulations are.

Or shall we go to the German car industry who were breaking all the rules, regulations and law with the full knowledge of the EU. Yet the EU did nothing. Yet now the EU is still looking at fining us a massive amount of money for having cars built in Germany polluting our roads and cities. And killing thousands of people each year throughout Europe.

Yes I know Mart. That isn't the reply you were after. Because the truth needs to be either hidden or twisted.

martcov

All countries have problems sending anyone back.

It is easy to opt.out of the working hours directive.

How many countries in the EU have water as good as ours to drink straight from the tap?

Tell me. Germany has. But I don’t know which other ones.

martcov

Sweeping inaccurate statements?

Are you yet again going to try and defend the appointment of Selmayr when you know 100% it was against EU rules, EU regulations and EU law when the EU appointed him?

Then we have people like yourself tell us how great EU law, rules and regulations are.

Or shall we go to the German car industry who were breaking all the rules, regulations and law with the full knowledge of the EU. Yet the EU did nothing. Yet now the EU is still looking at fining us a massive amount of money for having cars built in Germany polluting our roads and cities. And killing thousands of people each year throughout Europe.

Yes I know Mart. That isn't the reply you were after. Because the truth needs to be either hidden or twisted.

You hide the truth and twist all the time. I am not going down that rabbit hole again.

Astute

Tell me. Germany has. But I don’t know which other ones.
Tell you what? That the EU rules on drinking water is well below our standards?

Wasn't me who brought up drinking water as a good EU regulation.

Astute

You hide the truth and twist all the time. I am not going down that rabbit hole again.
Here we go again.

You more or less said I was bullshitting when I said about the EU breaking its own laws, rules and regulations. I then remind you.

Yet you ignore this and say it again.

So there is you coming out with twisting of the truth. Where is mine? Why don't you post links to where I have done it? Oh yes you can't because I haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread