The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (58 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

I don’t think it has been intentional, I think what has been promised is impossible to deliver. As I’ve said, I recognise the dangers of the 2nd referendum and think it could unleash something very ugly. This is why for me the EEA option is the best compromise.
Not impossible. Just impossible in this situation. May doesn't want us to leave. The EU doesn't want us to leave. So why does anyone think that between them a deal would be struck for us to leave?

Astute

And when I prove it on Wednesday remember I stated it here first so it must be true even though I wouldn’t tell you.
So are you saying that I didn't state what rights have been taken away because I was waiting for a lottery draw last night?

Just like I said you and Mart would come out with pathetic comments as soon as I put the evidence on here. You are both so predictable.

Sky Blue Pete

What on Earth are you on about? Macron is reviled across the whole of France. He is seen as a corrupt greedy c**t who has deliberately tried to introduce measures to make the rich in the society richer and squeeze the middle classes

The uk haven’t proposed an increase in fuel duty for years (let alone a 25% one) - the bonus scheme is laughed at as another marcon con.

Macron is dead in the water. He is a greedy arrogant pig despised in the whole of France other than by the greedy filthy rich he toadies up to.

What’s your view on macron?
He speaks highly of you

Sky Blue Pete

He’s made it easier for companies to sack employees in recent legislation? I’d say that’s removing basic rights.

He’s trying to get through reforms on unemployment benefits as people are lazy and just need “to cross the road” to get a job. Removing and reducing benefits is denying those people rights isn’t it?

He’s trying to put big tax laws on pensions and on inheritance to stop people having the right to their inheritance? Doesn’t that count either?
Absolutely Tory policy in this country

Sick Boy

Not impossible. Just impossible in this situation. May doesn't want us to leave. The EU doesn't want us to leave. So why does anyone think that between them a deal would be struck for us to leave?

The promises made during campaigning are not able to be delivered. Even if a Brexiteer was in charge it wouldn’t change anything. The UK’s hand was overplayed by those in power, which is reflective of where the country now finds itself.

Sky Blue Pete

The promises made during campaigning are not able to be delivered. Even if a Brexiteer was in charge it wouldn’t change anything. The UK’s hand was overplayed by those in power, which is reflective of where the country now finds itself.
Yep I think that’s right. The promises weren’t possible. Even now people saying let’s just walk away know that this is just not possible!!

Macca

I've just read that another referendum could be held to break the deadlock. Surely this would only work if there was a remain vote? If the result is the same there would be deadlock again as none of the powers that be have any genuine intention of leaving

Sky Blue Pete

I've just read that another referendum could be held to break the deadlock. Surely this would only work if there was a remain vote? If the result is the same there would be deadlock again as none of the powers that be have any genuine intention of leaving
The questions would need to be more specific. We can’t just leave that was the lie

martcov

Oh dear.

So why wouldn't you say if they had lost rights or not?

You just continued with Mart to make out that no rights had been lost. Now the facts are there for all to see you say you already knew.

And you say I didn't know although I stated as a fact I knew and would post them.

Go argue with yourself child. Same old all the time

We both asked a simple question. Which rights have been removed? You made a statement that rights have been removed. Which ones? Your links suggest rights have been reduced, but there was no mentions of rights being removed. If they are reduced, just say so. Why pretend they have been removed? Are the new reduced rights less than in the UK? I don’t think so, but am happy to de proved wrong.

martcov

It would also work if leave had a substantial majority. Then it would be game over. Leave wins and we crash out.

dutchman

But we don’t have the problems of the UK or France in Germany. Knife crime for example is rare. Cutting reports on abject poverty are not in the news.

Germany’s hidden hunger: On the breadline in Europe’s richest country

Around 1.5 million people are supported by affiliated Tafeln across the country, with countless more served by independent food banks. And according to a survey carried out by the federation in 2016, demand is growing.

“The German economy has been growing steadily for decades,” explains Manuela Barisic, project manager at the Bertelsmann Foundation, which recently published a report on the distribution of wealth in Germany.

“But huge numbers of Germans — 40% of the population in fact — aren’t enjoying any of that prosperity for themselves. Inequality and poverty are both growing.”

Older people have been hardest hit. The number of retirees living below the poverty line has increased from about 10% to 15% since 2005, according to a study published this year.

Grendel

It would also work if leave had a substantial majority. Then it would be game over. Leave wins and we crash out.

Macron would be proud of you you pathetic little freak

Grendel

We both asked a simple question. Which rights have been removed? You made a statement that rights have been removed. Which ones? Your links suggest rights have been reduced, but there was no mentions of rights being removed. If they are reduced, just say so. Why pretend they have been removed? Are the new reduced rights less than in the UK? I don’t think so, but am happy to de proved wrong.

The rights to appeal against dismissal from work have in some circumstances been removed

The rights to claim benefits in some circumstances are to be removed.

Astute has had your pants down because you are just a bit thick and never bother to do any research beyond the German press.

Stop making yourself a continual laughing stock.

SkyblueBazza

I was arguing that big business likes it in the main and we would do well to listen to them as it’s them that really run the economy etc yes.

Is it the way forward? It’s certainly a way forward and certainly better than a no deal. It clearly needs tweaking and the only clear way to do that is by using Parliamentry consensus which is probably what should have happened in the first place.

People talk about a brexit betrayal the real betrayal is that the sovereignty of Parliament has continually been abused by brexit and if it wasn’t for Gina Davis wouldn’t have been used at all. Cross party consensus is clearly the only way forward.
So you like big businesses? The ones that are owned by the likes of Joy through investments...that do not really care a jot for the people who for them...that weild influence in the corridors of power...where worker's rights are given - or taken away.

Let's face it, you have no more idea whether you are coming or going than a National Express coach!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

The rights to appeal against dismissal from work have in some circumstances been removed

Astute has had your pants down because you are just a bit thick and never bother to do any research beyond the German press.

So has the loss if jobs and replacement on less money. It is all geared up to make the rich more money.

He would be in uproar if the same happened here. But full of excuses because it has happened in another EU country.

SkyblueBazza

The "redistribution of wealth from a few for the greater good of the whole" is the epotime of communism. Revolution, respect and self empowerment progresses society, not hand outs, entitlement and self pity.
So you are advocating some kind of civil war? Where many lives will be lost throughout the land(s)

For us in the UK maybe that hard-border with ROI is worth it...the killing might be more confined.

Better still...let's advocate having peace instead, shall we???

Sky Blue Pete

So has the loss if jobs and replacement on less money. It is all geared up to make the rich more money.

He would be in uproar if the same happened here. But full of excuses because it has happened in another EU country.
It did happen here. Charging for tribunal cases, no right to unfair dismissal in first 2 years, changes to number of people who have to vote for a legal strike. No one gave a shit

skybluetony176

So you like big businesses? The ones that are owned by the likes of Joy through investments...that do not really care a jot for the people who for them...that weild influence in the corridors of power...where worker's rights are given - or taken away.

Let's face it, you have no more idea whether you are coming or going than a National Express coach!

Mmmm. Okay.

Mucca Mad Boys

How long ago did I say exactly the same thing.

I still feel as though the whole thing has been designed this way. Neither party will want to go against a public vote.

So May has something that nobody wants. It is said nothing will improve. If we continue with the so called deal we will be stuck in the EU without the small say we have now.

So who wants another say on the matter or have no say at all.

This hasn’t been engineered. It’s the country’s politicians coming to terms that negotiating a favourable deal isn’t as easy as we were told by the Leave campaign.

Fox told us an EU-UK trade deal would be the ‘easiest trade deal to negotiate in history’ and we were told we could negotiate FTAs with non-EU countries whilst negotiating a withdrawal agreement. Including, negotiating a trade deal with the EU alongside withdrawal talks. All of these were lies. Theresa May, credit where it’s due, has been inclusive to the Brexit wing of the Tory party and both Davies and Raab, primarily involved in negotiations as Brexit secretaries have been Brexiteers.

Astute

It did happen here. Charging for tribunal cases, no right to unfair dismissal in first 2 years, changes to number of people who have to vote for a legal strike. No one gave a shit
That is different to what has happened in France. Yes we have first two years. Many of them have lost rights however long they have been employed.

Astute

This hasn’t been engineered. It’s the country’s politicians coming to terms that negotiating a favourable deal isn’t as easy as we were told by the Leave campaign.

Fox told us an EU-UK trade deal would be the ‘easiest trade deal to negotiate in history’ and we were told we could negotiate FTAs with non-EU countries whilst negotiating a withdrawal agreement. Including, negotiating a trade deal with the EU alongside withdrawal talks. All of these were lies. Theresa May, credit where it’s due, has been inclusive to the Brexit wing of the Tory party and both Davies and Raab, primarily involved in negotiations as Brexit secretaries have been Brexiteers.
We don't have a clue what has been planned and what hasn't been planned. And we have sent those there who are clueless. May would know who is best and would also check if they knew what was going on if she really wanted it to happen.

Mucca Mad Boys

We don't have a clue what has been planned and what hasn't been planned. And we have sent those there who are clueless. May would know who is best and would also check if they knew what was going on if she really wanted it to happen.

Theresa May has staked her legacy as PM on this Brexit deal, she's had to essentially promise to step down after Brexit is finalised to cling on to power, desperately. She was never an enthusiastic Remainer and was pretty non-committal during the referendum. She wouldn't have become PM had she been an enthusiastic Remainer like Osborne or Cameron (hence their political careers died with Brexit). Anyway, she's committed to Brexit, that's pretty clear because she's publically rejected Tony Blair's calls for a second referendum. Even some of her closest allies are pushing for a second referendum under her nose.

Either way, the Brexiteers blew their chance to govern the country because they couldn't put aside their personal ambition, Boris Johnson was the best hope for a Brexiteer PM, and Gove 'persuaded' him not to run. The likelihood was that May would've beaten him on the membership vote anyway.

martcov

Astute hasn't answered my question. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread