The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (46 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

Astute - I see no other responsible way but to put it back to the people in a vote. Where are you at?
Half of me says put it to another vote. The other half says respect the first result.

There will be problems whatever happens .

Astute

I would rather not waste time discussing a far-right protest, thanks.

I see you failed to mention recent protests in the UK.
I said about the rioting that happened. Just like I mentioned the rioting in France. I didn't bring up the protesting before the rioting.

So what rules do we keep to on here? Try to get a discussion going or ask for permission first?

Astute

If he was in the UK he would probably get a top government job within a couple of years. Please note I’m sure that Liam Fox and Adam Werrity are just really good friends.
When did that last happen then?

martcov

Far right to discredit the UN?

So the EU countries that refuse to sign up are far right? Italy has gone fully against the UN so is it fully far right?

It happened in Brussels. A main home of the EU. It is yet another major protest with rioting. This isn't bigging up the right wing. It is mentioning what is going on. But I know some on here don't want rioting and unrest mentioning. But if it happened in the UK these same people would be all over it and blaming Brexit.

Yes, more right wing than the vast majority of UN member states. 160 signed up out of 190 odd members. It is not the EU that has proposed common rules and safety standards for refugees, although it supports the pact. The pact includes international cooperation to catch people smugglers, but you haven’t read it and are just against any form of immigration.

martcov

I said about the rioting that happened. Just like I mentioned the rioting in France. I didn't bring up the protesting before the rioting.

So what rules do we keep to on here? Try to get a discussion going or ask for permission first?

According to your link the rioting was near the European institutions, but directed against the Belgium government by a right wing party. What is your point? That the EU institutions are near where demonstrations regularly take place? that right wingers don’t like migrants or want to help refugees?

Sick Boy

You just provided a link referencing the far-right protest.

Grendel

Says someone bringing up homosexuality into a discussion on reducing benefits and unfair dismissal rights. Sad.

It’s to do with corruption - how’s the investigation going - have the German press even covered it? It’s easily on a par with trump and his alleged misdemeanours I’m sure you’d agree?

Sick Boy

It’s to do with corruption - how’s the investigation going - have the German press even covered it? It’s easily on a par with trump and his alleged misdemeanours I’m sure you’d agree?

It’s not exactly been covered in the UK either, is it? As far as I can see it mostly seems to be the US media covering it with stories online.

Grendel

If he was in the UK he would probably get a top government job within a couple of years. Please note I’m sure that Liam Fox and Adam Werrity are just really good friends.

Unlikely as Mr Fox is not a president abd to my knowledge Mr Wertity has not in public beat someone up and then Mr Fox tried to deny Mr Werrity was even at the scene

Grendel

It’s not exactly been covered in the UK either, is it? As far as I can see it mostly seems to be the US media covering it with stories online.

All main uk papers have covered it - I can show links to 6 if you like

Grendel

So that somehow makes it acceptable? Sounds like hypocrisy to me

No on a scale it’s very different and I was asking how the in effect impeachment of Mr Macron was going

martcov

No, I wouldn’t because I don’t know enough about his relationships and corruption. I do know that Sarkosy and Chirac were caught out for corruption. It is very prevalent in France. I used to give free tickets to the Paris fair to officials to get quicker service at the Paris council house, or bottles of whisky at the garage to get my truck fixed first.. everyone got a tip slipped into the hand ..

But, here is a summary of the UN report if you are interested in the UK poor, who do have good reason to be pissed off. Only the distraction of Brexit and deflection on to EU migrants is keeping the lid on the pot. Javid talking about reducing EU migration won’t solve the problem, but it gives people hope that things will get better. They won’t for the poor.

Key points from UN envoy's report on poverty in Britain

Sick Boy

No on a scale it’s very different and I was asking how the in effect impeachment of Mr Macron was going

Haha just because he’s someone you’re politically aligned to, you turn a blind eye. It’s a disgrace that he has been put into a position of such power after his previous behaviour.

Grendel

No, I wouldn’t because I don’t know enough about his relationships and corruption. I do know that Sarkosy and Chirac were caught out for corruption. It is very prevalent in France. I used to give free tickets to the Paris fair to officials to get quicker service at the Paris council house, or bottles of whisky at the garage to get my truck fixed first.. everyone got a tip slipped into the hand ..

But, here is a summary of the UN report if you are interested in the UK poor, who do have good reason to be pissed off. Only the distraction of Brexit and deflection on to EU migrants is keeping the lid on the pot. Javid talking about reducing EU migration won’t solve the problem, but it gives people hope that things will get better. They won’t for the poor.

Key points from UN envoy's report on poverty in Britain

So without Brexit there would be riots on the streets

So Brexit is a good thing as it delivers peace on the streets

If there was a Frexit there would be peace in Paris tonight.

Yes mart if all makes perfect sense now

Grendel

So that somehow makes it acceptable? Sounds like hypocrisy to me

Indeed and if the president of the free world has acted in the same manner as the little emperor you’d be all over it and you know you would

martcov

So without Brexit there would be riots on the streets

So Brexit is a good thing as it delivers peace on the streets

If there was a Frexit there would be peace in Paris tonight.

Yes mart if all makes perfect sense now

How did you get there?

Brexit is a timely distraction to underlying problems. You could argue that the constant blaming of the EU for everything has indeed split the public who otherwise may have joined in anger about the amount of poverty, food banks and homeless. No doubt the Tories are pleased that their press baron opinion formers have done a very good job. Makes perfect sense as you say.

There won’t be a Frexit, even Le Pen went off that. France is not in the mess we are in and Frexit is not a factor in the protest. You brought up Frexit not me.

Grendel

How did you get there?

Brexit is a timely distraction to underlying problems. You could argue that the constant blaming of the EU for everything has indeed split the public who otherwise may have joined in anger about the amount of poverty, food banks and homeless. No doubt the Tories are pleased that their press baron opinion formers have done a very good job. Makes perfect sense as you say.

There won’t be a Frexit, even Le Pen went off that. France is not in the mess we are in and Frexit is not a factor in the protest. You brought up Frexit not me.

Incredible

Sky Blue Pete

Half of me says put it to another vote. The other half says respect the first result.

There will be problems whatever happens .
Ok I’m happy we’ve tried to do what the vote asked and it wasn’t ever possible so we need to be honest about it. What is absurd about recognising that Grendel?

Grendel

Ok I’m happy we’ve tried to do what the vote asked and it wasn’t ever possible so we need to be honest about it. What is absurd about recognising that Grendel?

It’s like saying if the third Reich invaded our shores and we just shrug our shoulders and say we can’t do anything about it.

So if political union increases, the 27 end the veto, we are forced into complete fiscal and political union?

What then? Oh well it’s the 4th Reich we have to do as we are told

Seriously

Grendel

Having a different opinion to Grendel is absurd or incredible.

No failure to understand concept and literal meaning is

martcov

It’s like saying if the third Reich invaded our shores and we just shrug our shoulders and say we can’t do anything about it.

So if political union increases, the 27 end the veto, we are forced into complete fiscal and political union?

Seriously

If. No way without our agreement.

Sky Blue Pete

Seriously
You could argue with yourself. Calm down and see things rationally. It’s not. We cannot unilaterally leave on our own terms and make easy trade deals outside of the Eu. So we can leave but it will take time and needs negotiating. Your attitude is so like Davies and rhees mogg annoyed at others hard work has achieved but buggered if I’m going to help you solve it. What are you and they afraid of? That the blister and we can leave how we like is absolute bollox?

Sick Boy

Indeed and if the president of the free world has acted in the same manner as the little emperor you’d be all over it and you know you would

It just seems as though you’re making excuses for a key Brexiteer and displaying hypocrisy.

martcov

You could argue with yourself. Calm down and see things rationally. It’s not. We cannot unilaterally leave on our own terms and make easy trade deals outside of the Eu. So we can leave but it will take time and needs negotiating. Your attitude is so like Davies and rhees mogg annoyed at others hard work has achieved but buggered if I’m going to help you solve it. What are you and they afraid of? That the blister and we can leave how we like is absolute bollox?

Here is a long, but rational description of our situation and how we got there in our negotiations, by someone who knows what he is talking about:

Full speech: Sir Ivan Rogers on Brexit - News - University of Liverpool

Sky Blue Pete

How wonderful to read an expert opinion on this. Not either side but saying If we want out then ok let’s face up to how difficult this is going to be

Astute

You just provided a link referencing the far-right protest.
So if you provide a link for anything that has to do with the right wing anywhere will you be doing it to promote the right wing?

Neither am I.

Sick Boy

So if you provide a link for anything that has to do with the right wing anywhere will you be doing it to promote the right wing?

Neither am I.

Where did I say you were promoting the right-wing? It just didn’t make sense to highlight a far right protest to show that the wider population were becoming unsettled.

Hence why I asked the point of the link.

Astute

The clue is in my post.
If you want to look at fraud and having a high up job. If you want to look at having a high up job that someone shouldn't have look at the EU .

But you throw your accusations at the UK.

Fair debating?

martcov

Neither am I.

What was your point then? We know the far right doesn’t like anything to do with foreigners, in particular refugees from non white places.

Users who are viewing this thread