The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (63 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Last time I am asking or I will just ignore your rants.

Are you saying that no rights have been taken away?

No, but you are claiming rights are being removed and I am asking you which rights? I want you to tell us. You can’t just say something and then ask other people to prove your point for you. I don’t know of any rights being removed. Inform me.

skybluetony176

So you are admitting that you are clueless?

At least as clueless as you. Difference is I’m not pretending otherwise by making statements like they’re protesting about having their rights taken away and then spending hours wriggling out of backing up that claim.

Grendel

Sounds like Tory policies. Do you agree?

No as they haven’t reduced wealth taxes and hiked fuel duties and recently tried further stealth taxes on middle earners

Astute

The UN just published a report about how Britain has become an economically divided country where the filthy rich toadies are getting richer at the expense of constantly growing numbers depending on food banks and living on the streets. You may have missed this as you are too busy showing concern for the French.
And the UN says everything is fine everywhere else in the EU :rolleyes:

SIR ERNIE

That’s the contradiction and Liam Fox has also just said on the Andrew Marr show. If it was Parliament that were instructed to deliver Brexit why didn’t Parliament draw the red lines instead of Teresa May and the conservatives? Cross party consensus has always been there and hasn’t changed since the day after the referendum, through a general election and to this day. The Tories are now trying to pass responsibility to Parliament now they’ve fucked it up by not giving the responsibility to Parliament in the first place.

Given where we are, what do you think is the best way forward and what final outcome do you think would be best?

I know that last week you were arguing that Mays deal was the way forward because big business liked it. Is that still your view?

Grendel

No, but you are claiming rights are being removed and I am asking you which rights? I want you to tell us. You can’t just say something and then ask other people to prove your point for you. I don’t know of any rights being removed. Inform me.

He’s made it easier for companies to sack employees in recent legislation? I’d say that’s removing basic rights.

He’s trying to get through reforms on unemployment benefits as people are lazy and just need “to cross the road” to get a job. Removing and reducing benefits is denying those people rights isn’t it?

He’s trying to put big tax laws on pensions and on inheritance to stop people having the right to their inheritance? Doesn’t that count either?

skybluetony176

Is it?

So how many times have I asked you and Tony the sane thing without reply?

You made the statement in the first place. I asked you to clarify your statement and you’ve repeatedly refused to. Now you want me and Mart to justify your statement for you. You’re a fruit loop.

Astute

Astute

You made the statement in the first place. I asked you to clarify your statement and you’ve repeatedly refused to. Now you want me and Mart to justify your statement for you. You’re a fruit loop.
No. I want you to stop your bullshit so the rest of us can have a debate without you and Mart coming out with your normal diatribe .

Grendel

No. I want you to stop your bullshit so the rest of us can have a debate without you and Mart coming out with your normal diatribe .

All observers acknowledge macron is attacking workers and pensioners rights - I don’t know what planet Tony and Mad Mart live on

Astute

All observers acknowledge macron is attacking workers and pensioners rights - I don’t know what planet Tony and Mad Mart live on
The planet where if you say something enough everyone might start to believe the crap they come out with.

And I know they will rubbish the truth. They always do.

Sick Boy

I also don’t get this smuggling theory in Ireland - why would there be smuggling if we left the Eu

If you have goods that arent allowed to be sold in the EU how would an open border prevent this from happening? As I’ve said, none of this would do the UK’s standing any good whatsoever. It would be showing a complete disregard for the rules of other countries.

If it was the other way around then they’d be uproar for a lack of respect for the UK’s laws.

martcov

He’s made it easier for companies to sack employees in recent legislation? I’d say that’s removing basic rights.

He’s trying to get through reforms on unemployment benefits as people are lazy and just need “to cross the road” to get a job. Removing and reducing benefits is denying those people rights isn’t it?

He’s trying to put big tax laws on pensions and on inheritance to stop people having the right to their inheritance? Doesn’t that count either?

No. He is reducing rights. He hasn’t done away with pensions or paid holidays. He is reducing rights to uk level. He wants e.g. guaranteed paid holiday reduced from 5 to 4 making it the same as the UK. The French are on the streets about such things, but we are being threatened by sad leavers that if we have a final say vote that they will be on the streets. Somewhat ironic as a hard Brexit, a la Rees Mogg, would result in the dismantling and reduction of our rights. The Brits on the streets for a deregulated free for all which would lessen their rights, and the French on the streets to keep the regulations that protect their rights.

skybluetony176

Given where we are, what do you think is the best way forward and what final outcome do you think would be best?

I know that last week you were arguing that Mays deal was the way forward because big business liked it. Is that still your view?

I was arguing that big business likes it in the main and we would do well to listen to them as it’s them that really run the economy etc yes.

Is it the way forward? It’s certainly a way forward and certainly better than a no deal. It clearly needs tweaking and the only clear way to do that is by using Parliamentry consensus which is probably what should have happened in the first place.

People talk about a brexit betrayal the real betrayal is that the sovereignty of Parliament has continually been abused by brexit and if it wasn’t for Gina Davis wouldn’t have been used at all. Cross party consensus is clearly the only way forward.

skybluetony176

I already knew. It was pretty clear you didn’t and was just repeating something you’d heard, hence we’ve laboured to this point. It is panto season so I guess you were just being seasonal. Al Jazira have written several good articles on it if you want to educate yourself further.

Last edited:

clint van damme

On the point of 'what's good for the country', a good start would be for Parliament to fully honour the result of the referendum and for the Government to honour the Brexit pledges in its own manifesto.

Listening to Pienaar on 5live today sounds like there is a growing amount is support for a second referendum in the Tory party.

skybluetony176

Not yours. For starters I’ve never said otherwise, just invited Astute to clarify his comments which for some reason only known to him he didn’t want to.

Talking of different planets any chance that you can explain to astute that because horses continue to run when the jockey falls of doesn’t mean they like horse racing and because a pro racing journalist says that there isn’t animals rights protest at every race meeting he goes to do it must mean horse racing isn’t cruel.

Astute

I already knew. It was pretty clear you didn’t and was just repeating something you’d heard, hence we’ve laboured to this point. It is panto season so I guess you were just being seasonal. Al Jazira have written several good articles on it if you want to educate yourself further.
Oh dear.

So why wouldn't you say if they had lost rights or not?

You just continued with Mart to make out that no rights had been lost. Now the facts are there for all to see you say you already knew.

And you say I didn't know although I stated as a fact I knew and would post them.

Go argue with yourself child. Same old all the time

SIR ERNIE

Listening to Pienaar on 5live today sounds like there is a growing amount is support for a second referendum in the Tory party.

Yes that's definitely the case. The remainers see that route as the way to stop Brexit, no doubt with either remain/no deal or remain/mays deal as the choices. Either way remain win. In fact in the case of remain/mays deal being the choice, I can see a large percentage of leavers boycotting the vote.
Huge mistake to go for a second referendum but I fear it'll happen.

Ashdown

There will be because most of the political classes voted for Remain anyway. It will be a grand stitch up and the traitorous shits will betray many disillusioned ordinary people in the poorer parts of the UK who voted overwhelmingly for change.

martcov

Do you read your links? France has more than double the unemployment rate of the UK. It has more labour legislation than the UK. Hollande also tried to reform the labour laws. Macron has iniated EU reforms to cut out wage dumping from Eastern countries. His reductions of rights is probably still better than workers rights in the UK.

No comment about that from you.

France was in a mess beforehand.

„The state of the French economy helps explain why labour reforms went through relatively painlessly. “It’s not as if we went from an ideal world where everything was great,” says another adviser. “On the contrary. It wasn’t good for business because our economic performance has been poor for 15 years, and it wasn’t good for employees because we have a very high jobless rate. Even those with jobs are not happy with their conditions.”

At least he is trying. I hope they can find a balance between hard reforms and not doing anything. Both not acceptable.

Now, back to the question, which rights have been removed?

martcov

Yes that's definitely the case. The remainers see that route as the way to stop Brexit, no doubt with either remain/no deal or remain/mays deal as the choices. Either way remain win. In fact in the case of remain/mays deal being the choice, I can see a large percentage of leavers boycotting the vote.
Huge mistake to go for a second referendum but I fear it'll happen.

Farage has already suggested he will boycott.

Mucca Mad Boys

That shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. The Tories are at least 127 votes short of a majority in the Commons based on the 117 MPs that have no confidence in May and the 10 DUP MPs that won’t support the deal. Now, that number could even be higher since May more or less had to promise to not lead the Conservatives into the next election to secure the confidence vote.

When has a Government face so much opposition to its keystone policy? It must be before the Second World War. This is a constitutional crisis. It’s ironic, because an aspect of Vote Leave was to restore Parliamentary sovereignty, and it is parliament asserting its sovereignty that’s blocking a Brexit deal.

Astute

I think a 2nd referendum is going to be inevitable now.
How long ago did I say exactly the same thing.

I still feel as though the whole thing has been designed this way. Neither party will want to go against a public vote.

So May has something that nobody wants. It is said nothing will improve. If we continue with the so called deal we will be stuck in the EU without the small say we have now.

So who wants another say on the matter or have no say at all.

Sky Blue Pete

The "redistribution of wealth from a few for the greater good of the whole" is the epotime of communism. Revolution, respect and self empowerment progresses society, not hand outs, entitlement and self pity.
The gap between the rich and the poor is obscene and throughout history has been a forestaste of deep societal problems. It’s somewhere beteeen communism and rabid unregulated capitalism that we need. The balance is askew

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Oh dear.

So why wouldn't you say if they had lost rights or not?

You just continued with Mart to make out that no rights had been lost. Now the facts are there for all to see you say you already knew.

And you say I didn't know although I stated as a fact I knew and would post them.

Go argue with yourself child. Same old all the time

Asking you what rights they’ve lost = saying that they’v lost no rights. How have you reached that conclusion?

I know Tuesday nights euromillions lottery winning numbers. I’ve stated it now so it’s obviously fact. I will post them but only after the draw has taken place.

It’s pretty clear you didn’t know and was just repeating something you heard as a headline on the news or read as a headline.

Sick Boy

How long ago did I say exactly the same thing.

I still feel as though the whole thing has been designed this way. Neither party will want to go against a public vote.

So May has something that nobody wants. It is said nothing will improve. If we continue with the so called deal we will be stuck in the EU without the small say we have now.

So who wants another say on the matter or have no say at all.

I don’t think it has been intentional, I think what has been promised is impossible to deliver. As I’ve said, I recognise the dangers of the 2nd referendum and think it could unleash something very ugly. This is why for me the EEA option is the best compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread