The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (23 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

What do you mean by this?

If you are an experienced driver who knows what they are doing you will know that sometimes it is the best thing to speed up. And yes I would have been happy to have got my first points ever on my driving licence to be with my dad when he died. And I remember another time when I rushed someone to hospital.

It isn't speed that kills. It is inappropriate speed. I have had a driving licence for 34 years. I have never had any points on my licence. I have never had an accident. I have never even had a parking ticket I have had to pay. Yet a couple of times I have had to accelerate to get out of trouble because of something that someone else most probably doing the speed limit has done.

The worst are those who do 45 when it is national speed limit and then enter a village and carry on doing 45. I think that anything over 85 on a motorway is probably excessive, fining drivers who are doing 80 on a motorway is ridiculous. You'd expect they'd be some leeway with this though, eg 10% + 2/3mph.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Speed kills just that. Experienced drivers or not, speed kills. Astute I would speed to say bye to my dad or get to hospital but there are risks and consequences

Astute

I think the issue would have been that people would watch that shitty programme.

The point about RM was that just because a leader is remain/leave, that doesn't mean that it is the party's stance.
I remember him reading about him saying that he wanted to watch that shite thing. But you can't trust what you read in the rags.

Don't you think that both leaders shouldn't be questioned on their thoughts of Brexit no matter what they personally think?

Astute

I'd say someone driving at 80mph on a motorway with proper lane discipline is safer than someone doing 60 in the middle lane and not moving.
Anyone doing whatever speed and not keeping to the left causes problems.

Astute

Speed kills just that. Experienced drivers or not, speed kills. Astute I would speed to say bye to my dad or get to hospital but there are risks and consequences
The biggest danger on the road is those not driving to the conditions or those not concentrating 100% of the time. Speed cameras are useless for this. Just the same as cars with their speed restricted. The worse accidents on motorways are normally caused by someone not concentrating.

Astute

The worst are those who do 45 when it is national speed limit and then enter a village and carry on doing 45. I think that anything over 85 on a motorway is probably excessive, fining drivers who are doing 80 on a motorway is ridiculous. You'd expect they'd be some leeway with this though, eg 10% + 2/3mph.
I told my eldest lad to keep to 80 or below on a motorway. A scamera got him at 79 mph :rolleyes:

Sick Boy

I told my eldest lad to keep to 80 or below on a motorway. A scamera got him at 79 mph :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous. On the M25 I don't go above 79 on the speedo (probably 76 in reality) because it is now full of speed cameras.Within 10 years I reckon all of the motorways in the UK will be 'smart motorways' with cameras. They have them in Italy but they are hidden behind trees a lot of the time, my girlfriend got a 30euro fine for doing 160kmp/h - a bit different to here haha.

Captain Dart

I'm struggling to see what speed cameras have to do with the EU?

Sick Boy

I remember him reading about him saying that he wanted to watch that shite thing. But you can't trust what you read in the rags.

Don't you think that both leaders shouldn't be questioned on their thoughts of Brexit no matter what they personally think?

I think it was an attempt to see 'ordinary', and I would presume that it was to ensure that there was a not clash between the two. Personally, I am not exactly sure if there is any point in having the debate this moment in time.

Astute

I'm struggling to see what speed cameras have to do with the EU?
Did you read the link?

New EU directive is to control how fast a vehicle can go. Maybe make vehicles that can only go at speed limits. Plus plenty more things that must go on new cars. And we will have to pay for it.

I said more police on the road instead of relying on cameras that don't catch dangerous drivers. If there are no speeding cars even less police will be on the roads.

Astute

I think it was an attempt to see 'ordinary', and I would presume that it was to ensure that there was a not clash between the two. Personally, I am not exactly sure if there is any point in having the debate this moment in time.
Seem ordinary?

He is the leader of the Labour party. I don't want to see ordinary. I want to see someone capable of running the UK. I want someone with ideas. I want a strong leader.

No point in having a debate? What are you worried about? They should all be up there. Let them all give their reasons why we should be in the EU. Give their reasons why we should be out of the EU. Those that are bullshitting us will be shown to be doing so. Let the truth be known. Let us decide better when the full truth is out. Have no spins doctors telling them what to say.

I would love to see a remainer arguing the leave point and a leaver arguing the remain point. We would also see more of if May is fit to run the country and if Corbyn would be fit if Labour are elected and he is still leader. Stranger things than a snap election being called has happened before.

Sick Boy

Seem ordinary?

He is the leader of the Labour party. I don't want to see ordinary. I want to see someone capable of running the UK. I want someone with ideas. I want a strong leader.

No point in having a debate? What are you worried about? They should all be up there. Let them all give their reasons why we should be in the EU. Give their reasons why we should be out of the EU. Those that are bullshitting us will be shown to be doing so. Let the truth be known. Let us decide better when the full truth is out. Have no spins doctors telling them what to say.

I would love to see a remainer arguing the leave point and a leaver arguing the remain point. We would also see more of if May is fit to run the country and if Corbyn would be fit if Labour are elected and he is still leader. Stranger things than a snap election being called has happened before.

Apart from the purpose of the debate is not supposed to be about remaining or leaving, is it? It does feel as though we are warming up to an election though but I doubt May would be leader of the Tories then.

I meant it was an attempt to make him seem like everyone else, well, a person looking to waste time watching that rubbish on TV.

Grendel

Apart from the purpose of the debate is not supposed to be about remaining or leaving, is it? It does feel as though we are warming up to an election though but I doubt May would be leader of the Tories then.

I meant it was an attempt to make him seem like everyone else, well, a person looking to waste time watching that rubbish on TV.

Don’t see how we are leading to an election - the DUP will back May in a no confidence vote

Grendel

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Must be because of the beer....

Travel all over Germany taking part on events with my beer stands and live music. I have to build up and take down as well, so I do get my hands a bit dirty. Bad news for you though.... I have no events until January... so I can post on here more.... back in Cov for a few days in December though...
Travel all over Slough on my mobile phone, more like.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don’t know if I imagined it but I’m sure he said on one post he takes something like a model uk telephone box on these tours
If not, I'm sure he'll put you right .

Brighton Sky Blue

Critical thinking is good. But we seem to have many that think critical thinking should only be done of those who we don't agree with.

Did anyone think critically about the land of milk and honey promised by Boris Johnson? Did anyone look at the immigration figures which show most come from outside the EU and that we already had the power to send EU migrants back after a set time? I am not saying you didn't. But it isn't a coincidence that education was the strongest determining factor in how people voted.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing unusual. Who got away with the incompetence of the Iraq war? Who got praise for his stance on Brexit?

They are all at it. The Tories are at it this time again. HS2 in trouble? They blame those in charge for not knowing what they are doing to remove the heat. The costs are well wrong. Looks like the first stage will cost more than what the whole thing should cost. But MP's make out they know better than the experts. Will just post a link I read earlier. Make your own minds up.

Is the HS2 rail project in trouble?

You talk about the coat of Corbyn. I would prefer them to talk about his stance on Brexit. I would love to see him on stage with May. A remainer who is taking us through the leaving process against an anti EU who says we should stay in the EU. But I can't see Corbyn going for it. He would have a chance of finishing off May. But he would have to say what he really wants.

Well unfortunately we have a media that wants to throw mud rather than go for policy substance.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Did anyone think critically about the land of milk and honey promised by Boris Johnson? Did anyone look at the immigration figures which show most come from outside the EU and that we already had the power to send EU migrants back after a set time? I am not saying you didn't. But it isn't a coincidence that education was the strongest determining factor in how people voted.
I only want migrants who have O levels in metalwork and woodwork. We have a huge lack of coopers in this country. When did you last see someone over a barrel ?

Brighton Sky Blue

I only want migrants who have O levels in metalwork and woodwork. We have a huge lack of coopers in this country. When did you last see someone over a barrel ?

Might need some migrants who can educate children, because we don't have enough. Or to provide medical care, because we don't have enough. Or for scientific research, because we don't have enough. And we don't have enough because education is horrendously underfunded and teaching has been in crisis for years.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Might need some migrants who can educate children, because we don't have enough. Or to provide medical care, because we don't have enough. Or for scientific research, because we don't have enough. And we don't have enough because education is horrendously underfunded and teaching has been in crisis for years.
Hard to disagree with this. Engineers, dentists, doctors, nurses, scientists, plasterers, bricklayers, electricians etc. What we don't need is strawberries from eastern England 365 days a year .

Sick Boy

Hard to disagree with this. Engineers, dentists, doctors, nurses, scientists, plasterers, bricklayers, electricians etc. What we don't need is strawberries from eastern England 365 days a year .

That’s all down to domestic preferences and tastes, people in this country don’t seem to understand seasonality.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. You’d have to have been pretty thick to have believed the Remain claim that an emergency ‘punishment’ budget would be required in the event of a leave vote.

The biggest Remain scandal is surely the £6 million David Cameron spooged on sending leaflets to everyone. Even so-claiming that immigration is the source of our ills when the government already had the power to limit it is the sign of someone who hasn't gone beneath the surface. The harsh truth is that the Tories generally prefer immigration as a solution to worker shortages because it saves them addressing education in any meaningful way.

The best way to reduce the need for immigration is to invest heavily in producing our own skilled workforce.

Grendel

Agreed. You’d have to have been pretty thick to have believed the Remain claim that an emergency ‘punishment’ budget would be required in the event of a leave vote.

And really thick to vote for Corbyn as leader of the new revolution and believe he was pro Europe

Astute

Or how much someone has been affected by being in the EU. Some don't want to admit to this though. It isn't good for all.

Astute

Well unfortunately we have a media that wants to throw mud rather than go for policy substance.
What policy substance?

What makes me laugh is those who get behind the mud slinging on one side but have a go at the mud slinging on the other side. It is because of people like this that it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread