The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (75 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Well, you know that is not true. They reached their peak of 52% in June 2016 and it’s been downhill for most of the time since then. Latest figures 54% remain and 46% leave. Chances of May’s Brexit, virtually nil. GE virtually nil. Referendum with remain on the ballot, support growing.

Do you not read or listen or watch what is happening?

Of course it’s true. Many remain voters despise the EU but are too terrified of the consequences of leaving

Many abused wives remain with the abuser - it does not mean they are happy

I hate also to break to you but the poll gap last time was much stronger on the remain side - and they still lost

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course it’s true. Many remain voters despise the EU but are too terrified of the consequences of leaving

I hate also to break to you but the poll gap last time was much stronger on the remain side - and they still lost

Thanks for telling us how we think

martcov

Because of an intense targeted campaign of dodgy ads in the short run up to the vote. Things returned to remain not long afterwards. If you equate the EU to a wife batterer, what do you equate scoundrels like Bannon ( wife batterer ), BoJo ( multiple philanderer ) and Farage ( collection of EU women to )?

Will the lies work twice in a row? Are the public more aware? Some are and more leavers are reportedly changing their minds to remain than the other way round. Being terrified of an economic collapse and maybe losing your livelihood seems a good enough reason for voting remain in a second referendum.

Grendel

Because of an intense targeted campaign of dodgy ads in the short run up to the vote. Things returned to remain not long afterwards. If you equate the EU to a wife batterer, what do you equate scoundrels like Bannon ( wife batterer ), BoJo ( multiple philanderer ) and Farage ( collection of EU women to )?

Will the lies work twice in a row? Are the public more aware? Some are and more leavers are reportedly changing their minds to remain than the other way round. Being terrified of an economic collapse and maybe losing your livelihood seems a good enough reason for voting remain in a second referendum.

So the targeted dodgy lies have been “exposed” and if anything the pre referendum polls suggest a higher percentage of leave voters even the day before the referendum in 2016

Can you explain that?

martcov

So the targeted dodgy lies have been “exposed” and if anything the pre referendum polls suggest a higher percentage of leave voters even the day before the referendum in 2016

Can you explain that?

They have now been exposed and they were at the most intense in the direct run up to the referendum. I don’t understand your question abou ta higher percentage of leave voters even the day before.

Grappa

You might find this interesting:

Dkd3qJeX0AANjvR.jpg:large

Grendel

You might find this interesting:

Dkd3qJeX0AANjvR.jpg:large

I find it wrong as the poll of polls even on the actual day had the result at 52 48 in favour of remain

Of the six main polls the day before 4 had a wider margin in fact of the 168 polls less than 10% predicted a remain defeat and I believe none ever said it would be the margin it ended up as

martcov

I find it wrong as the poll of polls even on the actual day had the result at 52 48 in favour of remain

Of the six main polls the day before 4 had a wider margin in fact of the 168 polls less than 10% predicted a remain defeat and I believe none ever said it would be the margin it ended up as

Looking forward to a second referendum to prove your point? Or scared of a referendum?

Grendel

What has that got to do with the content?

Are you serious. Why not get the blood stained Blair creature to do one as well?

Grendel

Looking forward to a second referendum to prove your point? Or scared of a referendum?

I assume if it was remain by a similar tiny percentage you would accept a further referendum would be required two years later?

Grappa

Are you serious. Why not get the blood stained Blair creature to do one as well?

But this is your answer to everything. Not one person is perfect, does that mean that they cannot have an opinion? Play the ball not the man. Argue why he is wrong in the statements he makes.

martcov

I don’t care who points out the disgusting Brexit Press propaganda that copies Nazi propaganda or Farage‘s breaking point that copied Nazi propaganda. The point is that disgusting propaganda was used to frighten people and „press their buttons“. Not surprised that you distract.

martcov

But this is your answer to everything. Not one person is perfect, does that mean that they cannot have an opinion? Play the ball not the man. Argue why he is wrong in the statements he makes.

One person is perfect... Grendel. And no he can’t say why Fry, or Blair for that matter, is wrong in his arguments. Distract. Insult. Lie. The usual Grendel tactics.

Grendel

I don’t care who points out the disgusting Brexit Press propaganda that copies Nazi propaganda or Farage‘s breaking point that copied Nazi propaganda. The point is that disgusting propaganda was used to frighten people and „press their buttons“. Not surprised that you distract.

Correct and it was disgusting

Leave Lies? Remainers Need To Look In The Mirror

Grendel

One person is perfect... Grendel. And no he can’t say why Fry, or Blair for that matter, is wrong in his arguments. Distract. Insult. Lie. The usual Grendel tactics.

I’ve given a long list of reasons I would like to leave the Eu the facts of which are plain for all to see. Oddly neither you or Grappa have attempted to comment on them.

Why on earth to I care what a toad like Stephen Fry has to say on the issue?

martcov

I assume if it was remain by a similar tiny percentage you would accept a further referendum would be required two years later?

No, because the status quo will have been maintained and the immediate threat of economic chaos and the, at least short term, downfall will have been avoided. To go back to Brexit having avoided it would be madness.

Grendel

No, because the status quo will have been maintained and the immediate threat of economic chaos and the, at least short term, downfall will have been avoided. To go back to Brexit having avoided it would be madness.

And there we have it.

Grendel

We’ve had that. Very biased and not convincing arguments. Weak attempt to distract from massive propaganda.

An emergency budget? A European army? Immediate recession after the result?

This is why people ignore you.

martcov

And there we have it.

Exactly. Why would anyone want to inflict damage on their own country? The subject was only bought up to pacify the right of the Tories. The voters were used to further a political ideology. The real problems for millions will not be solved by leaving the EU, in fact they may get worse. I would like see the problems of wealth and opportunity disparity tackled... from within the EU instead of leaving and aiming for a neo liberal free for all which stands to make the rich richer and will do nothing for the poor, apart from some cosmetic touches. E.g. blue passports, a Brexit 50p and the Polish neighbours being replaced by commonwealth ones.

Grendel

I never quoted any of those points. People obviously don’t ignore me otherwise you wouldn’t be on here insulting me.

I’m not insulting you. You said these aren’t lies. Aren’t they?

Grendel

Exactly. Why would anyone want to inflict damage on their own country? The subject was only bought up to pacify the right of the Tories. The voters were used to further a political ideology. The real problems for millions will not be solved by leaving the EU, in fact they may get worse. I would like see the problems of wealth and opportunity disparity tackled... from within the EU instead of leaving and aiming for a neo liberal free for all which stands to make the rich richer and will do nothing for the poor, apart from some cosmetic touches. E.g. blue passports, a Brexit 50p and the Polish neighbours being replaced by commonwealth ones.

Genuinely you are a great advert to leave and exactly why nearly 18 million want to

You’ve constantly said that 48% are not being heard. What about if it was the other way round I assume you’d be passionately saying that the 48% still need a voice.

Where will their voice be?

Grendel

Also you are pro neo liberal when it suits you aren’t you Mart?

martcov

I’m not insulting you. You said these aren’t lies. Aren’t they?

Today, you are being quite reasonable. I said I don’t quote them and I didn’t see anyone else quoting them on here, but people parrot Brexit propaganda on here. It was obviously far more effective. One side was offering hope outside the EU ( selling blue sky ), and the other peddling fear. Many people voted for hope and many didn’t buy the fear argument. Doesn’t get away from the disgusting Nazi style leave propaganda though. A good reason for having an informed vote though.

Users who are viewing this thread