The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (59 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Dart

They just ignore large sections of their communities - hence the rise in extremism

and environmentalism as the left seeks a new home.
1539535219_wahlresults.jpg

SkyblueBazza

Wonder who (other than his own scaredy-cat self) forced him to get German citizenship? Maybe it demonstrates the gulf in rights people who come to the UK have versus other countries? Anyone living here who spawns child born in the UK is, it seems at least, automatically allowed to stay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Anyone living here who spawns child born in the UK is, it seems at least, automatically allowed to stay

The parent would need to have British citizenship or settled status, which as they would be living in the UK already, shouldn't come as a surprise.

What additional rights does the UK gift to non citizens in comparison to other European countries?

martcov

They just ignore large sections of their communities - hence the rise in extremism

Who are they? The individual sovereign states are responsible for the regional development of their countries .. in fact the EU has diverted infrastructure projects to weaker areas. It is governments like ours and their predecessors that have continually knocked the EU, and the Tory press owned by multi millionaire tax exiles that have pumped out lies and half truths to deflect from the decades long decline of certain regions.

People like Bannon and his clique, which includes Farage and co., spew this same crap. Bannon says he is a street fighter from a blue collar background and that he is fighting for these people. Bollocks, he and the rest of them want one thing.. power. You are just saying the same message, but leaving the EU won’t help one bit. These people will suffer even more. There is nothing behind what you are saying. No solution. No ideas. Just spouting a cliche.

martcov

Wonder who (other than his own scaredy-cat self) forced him to get German citizenship? Maybe it demonstrates the gulf in rights people who come to the UK have versus other countries? Anyone living here who spawns child born in the UK is, it seems at least, automatically allowed to stay

Scaredy-cat? No, just not thick.

SkyblueBazza

The parent would need to have British citizenship or settled status, which as they would be living in the UK already, shouldn't come as a surprise.

What additional rights does the UK gift to non citizens in comparison to other European countries?
Citizenship if they are parent of a British born child...only a paperwork exercise stops them

Sick Boy

Citizenship if they are parent of a British born child...only a paperwork exercise stops them

Your condescending posts are priceless, as you really are clueless.

If a baby is born here and the parents are neither British citizens or have no right to be resident in the country- such as parents from the EU, EEA or leave to remain - then the child is not automatically a British citizen and there's no 'paperwork option' as you like to call it.

British Citizenship for Child Born in UK to Non-British Parents | Full Guide | IAS

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Oh well it looks like it has collapsed (again). May's lack of domestic power is going to make striking an agreement on parting ways very very difficult.

Astute

Yet all of the negative aspects of post Brexit Britain are dismissed as Project Fear. Italy has been a basket case for a long time and both La Lega and 5Star are incompetent, they won't last.

Outside of the UK other countries are not on the edge of their seats about Brexit, it appears some fail to understand that the rest of Europe does not revolve around the UK.
You are right.

They have enough problems of their own and other problems throughout the EU for Brexit to be their biggest concern. They have taken their eye off the ball on what can cause more harm in the future.

Astute

They've 301-redirected the original article to the updated one about talks collapsing. The link I posted was to the original article about a deal on the withdrawal agreement being close.
So you posted a link to an article saying that it looked good for a deal so the EU must be looking for a deal......to it becoming there isn't going to be a deal struck as it shows what was previously said is right?

:wideyed:

SkyblueBazza

Your condescending posts are priceless, as you really are clueless.

If a baby is born here and the parents are neither British citizens or have no right to be resident in the country- such as parents from the EU, EEA or leave to remain - then the child is not automatically a British citizen and there's no 'paperwork option' as you like to call it.

British Citizenship for Child Born in UK to Non-British Parents | Full Guide | IAS
Yes - sorry, you are quite correct. I was majorly wrong there.

Thought it was the case as had heard of someone doing just that. I will now assume there was other stuff (unknown to me) affecting it though.

martcov

You are right.

They have enough problems of their own and other problems throughout the EU for Brexit to be their biggest concern. They have taken their eye off the ball on what can cause more harm in the future.

In other words no one in the UK can provide a workable solution to the problem the UK created. Yes, Astute, the UK is leaving, but hasn’t got a clue how to do it without incurring massive problems.

The Germans see it as „Bringschuld“. You made the problem,it is up to you to come with an answer.

The EU sees it that way. Or, at least Merkel does , and as you know, she rules the fourth Reich.

I don’t blame you for voting leave, you didn’t, but you are complicit in supporting this major own goal by trying to knock the EU all the time - e.g. now, when they have done nothing wrong. The problem is May‘s dependence on the DUP and the threatened mutiny in her own party. She has no room to manouver. But blame the EU if it helps cushion your frustration at facing facts.

martcov

Yes - sorry, you are quite correct. I was majorly wrong there.

Thought it was the case as had heard of someone doing just that. I will now assume there was other stuff (unknown to me) affecting it though.

Probably read it in the Sun.

martcov

So you posted a link to an article saying that it looked good for a deal so the EU must be looking for a deal......to it becoming there isn't going to be a deal struck as it shows what was previously said is right?

:wideyed:

It shows that May has been told Chequers won’t work and there must be a back stop to avoid a border in Ireland. Again. She is probably not thick, but just trying to keep everyone happy. As I have repeatedly said. There are 4 leave options left and one remain ( retract article 50 and all problems are instantly solved, at least the economic ones ). 48% voted remain and more would on a binary 2. referendum according to poll trackers. Whatever happens if we leave, it will only satisfy a minority of leavers. Remain is de facto the will of the people. The 52% will not all be happy as the 4 leave options will not be mutually compatible. Those who would prefer one of the other 3 will be as pixxed off as I am. With remain, the 48% and probably more would be happy... much more than a minority leave group.

Astute

In other words no one in the UK can provide a workable solution to the problem the UK created. Yes, Astute, the UK is leaving, but hasn’t got a clue how to do it without incurring massive problems.

The Germans see it as „Bringschuld“. You made the problem,it is up to you to come with an answer.

The EU sees it that way. Or, at least Merkel does , and as you know, she rules the fourth Reich.

I don’t blame you for voting leave, you didn’t, but you are complicit in supporting this major own goal by trying to knock the EU all the time - e.g. now, when they have done nothing wrong. The problem is May‘s dependence on the DUP and the threatened mutiny in her own party. She has no room to manouver. But blame the EU if it helps cushion your frustration at facing facts.
You just don't get it do you?

The best thing for the EU and the UK is for a free trade deal so we can continue to trade with each other. Jobs will not be lost on both sides.

But the EU doesn't want it as they don't want the remainder of the EU seeing that there is life after the EU. They are more interested in their people suffering to keep the status quo continuing.

Am I supposed to congratulate them on this?

Not at all. I want what is best for all. But you say that we should be made to suffer as we have decided to leave. That is us as a whole.

I am not anti EU. I am anti the way they have dealt with the situation.

And now Germany is becoming more divided. Merkel is becoming more weak. It isn't the way Germany is run as they are strong. It is the interference from the EU that is causing the problems. But you will think of someone else to blame. You always do.

'Massive losses' for Merkel Bavaria ally

dutchman

But not for long though eh? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bavaria election: Merkel's conservative allies humiliated

Angela Merkel’s conservative partners in Bavaria have had their worst election performance for more than six decades, in a humiliating state poll result that is likely to further weaken Germany’s embattled coalition government.

The Christian Social Union secured 35.5% of the vote, according to initial exit polls, losing the absolute majority in the prosperous southern state it had had almost consistently since the second world war. The party’s support fell below 40% for the first time since 1954.

martcov

The best thing for the EU and the UK is for a free trade deal so we can continue to trade with each other. Jobs will not be lost on both sides.

But the EU doesn't want it as they don't want the remainder of the EU seeing that there is life after the EU. They are more interested in their people suffering to keep the status quo continuing.

Not at all. I want what is best for all. But you say that we should be made to suffer as we have decided to leave. That is us as a whole.

The EU also don’t have much room for manouvre on the major points. An EU border is a major point. What else do you expect them to do. The status quo is the best you can get. We live in one free area. It could not be easier. Now the UK wants to fxxk it up and thinks that everyone will be over the moon with that. It is you who doesn’t get it. The UK wants to control it’s borders. Ok. But did the voters consider Ireland? Only in NI where they voted remain. The rest, or rather, the English, don’t give a toss about Ireland. The Scots probably would get it. You obviously don’t get what Brexit has set in motion.

Astute

It shows that May has been told Chequers won’t work and there must be a back stop to avoid a border in Ireland. Again. She is probably not thick, but just trying to keep everyone happy. As I have repeatedly said. There are 4 leave options left and one remain ( retract article 50 and all problems are instantly solved, at least the economic ones ). 48% voted remain and more would on a binary 2. referendum according to poll trackers. Whatever happens if we leave, it will only satisfy a minority of leavers. Remain is de facto the will of the people. The 52% will not all be happy as the 4 leave options will not be mutually compatible. Those who would prefer one of the other 3 will be as pixxed off as I am. With remain, the 48% and probably more would be happy... much more than a minority leave group.
I have continually said what Mays problems are. A remainer trying to leave. And the leavers (Labour) wanting the opposite as they are the opposite party although they want to leave.

No party knows which way to go. Each party is unsure what they should do. They are all split.

And on top of this the EU wants to take all and give nothing.

Your 4 endings are only if the EU still refuses to negotiate. If they continue to refuse to negotiate we will be leaving without a deal.

Would this make you happy? Will you congratulate the EU on refusing to negotiate?

martcov

But not for long though eh? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bavaria election: Merkel's conservative allies humiliated

Angela Merkel’s conservative partners in Bavaria have had their worst election performance for more than six decades, in a humiliating state poll result that is likely to further weaken Germany’s embattled coalition government.

The Christian Social Union secured 35.5% of the vote, according to initial exit polls, losing the absolute majority in the prosperous southern state it had had almost consistently since the second world war. The party’s support fell below 40% for the first time since 1954.

You missed the demonstration against the far right in Berlin then? A couple of hundred thousand. Far more than was expected. You also missed that the Green Party is the big winner in Bavaria, along with the independents. AFD got 10%. Seehofer, CSU, was the one for a hard course against immigration and tried to force Merkel to do what he wanted. Söder decided to move to the right to pull AFD voters back. They got hammered as you say. The Greens fought on a relatively tolerant pro immigration basis and are the winners. Sorry to have pissed in your cornflakes.

Astute

The EU also don’t have much room for manouvre on the major points. An EU border is a major point. What else do you expect them to do. The status quo is the best you can get. We live in one free area. It could not be easier. Now the UK wants to fxxk it up and thinks that everyone will be over the moon with that. It is you who doesn’t get it. The UK wants to control it’s borders. Ok. But did the voters consider Ireland? Only in NI where they voted remain. The rest, or rather, the English, don’t give a toss about Ireland. The Scots probably would get it. You obviously don’t get what Brexit has set in motion.
Take your EU loving hat off for a minute.

So there is a free trade agreement. There is a border that is the English channel. We get checked each time we cross it already. We get checked by the French and UK border patrol already. Same as when you enter Ireland from the EU. Goods would continue to move freely as there are no tariffs to collect.

If the destination from outside the EU and UK is going to the EU then it doesn't come to the UK first. The same the other way round.

So there is the major Ireland problems sorted.

There is still more to sort out. But that is what negotiations are about. But the EU doesn't want it to be easy.

Grendel

You really are a piece of work

The 52% even if had 4 choices and the 5th was pick any of the above other than remain they’d vote leave.

Still keep going. Your the best argument for leaving that there is.

martcov

I have continually said what Mays problems are. A remainer trying to leave. And the leavers (Labour) wanting the opposite as they are the opposite party although they want to leave.

No party knows which way to go. Each party is unsure what they should do. They are all split.

And on top of this the EU wants to take all and give nothing.

Your 4 endings are only if the EU still refuses to negotiate. If they continue to refuse to negotiate we will be leaving without a deal.

Would this make you happy? Will you congratulate the EU on refusing to negotiate?

The EU has offered two viable leave options, which some MPs would take. The Rees Moggs want a no deal leave and open the floodgates to turbo capitalism Trump style.

May is flogging a dead horse Chequers. That leaves the two which the EU would take, with the backstop. Either close with a Norway deal, or more distant with a Canada + deal. Both workable and acceptable to some leavers. The deal which BoJo and the nutters wanted was cherry picking. We leave, but keep the benefits. The EU won’t wear that. Is that what you think they should do to keep us happy and piss off the 27? Are you a swivel eyed Brexiteer?

martcov

Take your EU loving hat off for a minute.

So there is a free trade agreement. There is a border that is the English channel. We get checked each time we cross it already. We get checked by the French and UK border patrol already. Same as when you enter Ireland from the EU. Goods would continue to move freely as there are no tariffs to collect.

If the destination from outside the EU and UK is going to the EU then it doesn't come to the UK first. The same the other way round.

So there is the major Ireland problems sorted.

There is still more to sort out. But that is what negotiations are about. But the EU doesn't want it to be easy.

The EU has offered two easy solutions. We have offered none.

martcov

You really are a piece of work

The 52% even if had 4 choices and the 5th was pick any of the above other than remain they’d vote leave.

Still keep going. Your the best argument for leaving that there is.

You are the best argument for never ever asking the public to decide on a complicated matter. You think the public will be happy whatever happens? I doubt it very much. Hope you choke on your chlorinated chicken.

Astute

You missed the demonstration against the far right in Berlin then? A couple of hundred thousand. Far more than was expected. You also missed that the Green Party is the big winner in Bavaria, along with the independents. AFD got 10%. Seehofer, CSU, was the one for a hard course against immigration and tried to force Merkel to do what he wanted. Söder decided to move to the right to pull AFD voters back. They got hammered as you say. The Greens fought on a relatively tolerant pro immigration basis and are the winners. Sorry to have pissed in your cornflakes.
OK Mart. Back to your previous posts on the subject.

The AfD are not strong as they got 12%. But in most areas they never got anywhere near the 12%. You say that was mainly in the old East Germany.

AfD has now got 11% in an area that you say they will never get many votes in. The SDP....Merkels partner in running Germany got 9%.

This is in the largest federal state of Germany. It is where the heavy industries are. It is a rich area of Germany.

Merkel is in trouble. It isn't good news for the EU region. It isn't good news for Germany. And it isn't good news for us.

But you will try and tell us differently.

martcov

And now Germany is becoming more divided. Merkel is becoming more weak. It isn't the way Germany is run as they are strong. It is the interference from the EU that is causing the problems. But you will think of someone else to blame. You always do.

'Massive losses' for Merkel Bavaria ally

Seehofer and Söder fxxked up. Not Merkel. Her party weren’t involved. They have a deal in Bavaria not to oppose the CSU of Seehofer and Söder. She didn’t visit their events in the campaign this year because of Seehofer’s behaviour. The greens are the winners.

Astute

You are the best argument for never ever asking the public to decide on a complicated matter. You think the public will be happy whatever happens? I doubt it very much. Hope you choke on your chlorinated chicken.
If the EU were not for what is best for them and what is worse for us it would be different though.

Astute

Seehofer and Söder fxxked up. Not Merkel. Her party weren’t involved. They have a deal in Bavaria not to oppose the CSU of Seehofer and Söder. She didn’t visit their events in the campaign this year because of Seehofer’s behaviour. The greens are the winners.
Did I say Merkel was at fault?

I said she is in trouble. Are you denying the fact?

The Greens are winners. The AfD are winners. Harmony is the loser.

Would you like to explain how the AfD is getting stronger in such a strong German district?

Users who are viewing this thread